Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have a background in cell phone technology and attended the road show in DC. I took the opportunity to order 5 treos - 2 Sprint and 3 GSMs. I split the order because one of my current carriers was Sprint but Cingular (AT&T) was upgrading an old US Cellular network it had taken over. Tower locations indicated that the upgraded network would be much better for my primary location. (With Sprint I have to use a repeater to get a decent signal.)

Since ordering the road show Treos, I established the Cingular network in my location is clearly superior, so when the GSM Treo was released last week I bought two additional Cingular Treos and got my first one Friday. (Yes, my business can use them all.)

Comparing the Sprint CDMA Treo to the GSM version indicates that the GSM does not show the same type of delay when making calls as does the Sprint Treo. I am interested in learning about other differences that may become apparent with usage.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Here is a second difference. The GSM version is definitely cooler after prolonged use (e.g. 30 minutes or more).