Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have been getting ALOT of SMS from an Unknown source. The body of the message says;

Date: 2/6/05 10:23 pm

AIM: New IM from strong5bbd.
    http://wim2.aol.com/?c=gbcm&b=strong...Sprint3G&TID=1

I have gotten this from numerous IM and its getting very annoying. Its a good thing I have unlimited SMS but still. Anyone know of a software that will allow me to block or not get these messages? Even a suggestion or someone else that is experiencing this. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    When Callfilter is updated for the Treo 650 it will be able to block SMS from any number you choose...including unknown.
    Send your phone number so we can test it out... :-)
    I believe these are from your AOL IM on your Blazer. If you have AIM or accessed it and not signed off from your Blazer, AIM will still have you on. Depending on how the prefs are set, you will get these messages. Go to AIM in SPCS homepage in Blazer, select messaging, AIM, then check your prefs. I had that happen on my 600. When I shut it off there, that stopped it.
    Last edited by oneklassy1; 02/06/2005 at 10:31 PM. Reason: typo
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Send your phone number so we can test it out... :-)
    555-1212
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I have been getting ALOT of SMS from an Unknown source. The body of the message says;

Date: 2/6/05 10:23 pm

AIM: New IM from strong5bbd.
    http://wim2.aol.com/?c=gbcm&b=strong...Sprint3G&TID=1

I have gotten this from numerous IM and its getting very annoying. Its a good thing I have unlimited SMS but still. Anyone know of a software that will allow me to block or not get these messages? Even a suggestion or someone else that is experiencing this. Thanks!
    Try Lightwav 5.1 in your sms ringer put in the Keyword: AIM: New IM or other text the select the Action "block"

check here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Try Lightwav 5.1 in your sms ringer put in the Keyword: AIM: New IM or other text the select the Action "block"

I have Lightwav 5.0 registered.. Can you send me the latest one or do I upgrade from the link you gave me?

damigs@juno.com
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I have Lightwav 5.0 registered.. Can you send me the latest one or do I upgrade from the link you gave me?

damigs@juno.com
    I was able to just go to the original link that was emailed, and got the upgrade. Haven't installed it yet though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I was able to just go to the original link that was emailed, and got the upgrade. Haven't installed it yet though.
    Have yet to get email. Wsup wit that...
    I meant the link that was sent for version 5.0. Just go there and it'll take you to 5.1.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Can you sent me link once again. I believe I also remember the ID and PW. Thanks!
    First - follow the earlier post advice verifying through the AOL Mobile Instant Messanger site that you didn't set it up yourself.

Then call you cell provider. Tell them that you're getting unwanted sms messages and you want them to take care of it. I had to do this with sprint. They gave me a new number to call for "technical services" (please call from a land line), they gave me an AOL Helpdesk number, who gave me the AOL Mobile Services help number.

They told me sprint should have handled it themselves, but would fix it this time. The problem started up again about a week later, so I called sprint and had them fix it first time through.

They need to note your cell number and have AOL remove the link to forward messages to that mobile. That's enough information for them to sort it out in one call.

The problem with using sms blocking programs on your phone is that if you have a limited number of sms messages per month, these blocked messages count against your totala anyway, because they are being delivered.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Whats funny is earlier I was on the phone with sprint and they claim the only way to stop that is to change my cell phone number. WOW!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    First - follow the earlier post advice verifying through the AOL Mobile Instant Messanger site that you didn't set it up yourself.

Then call you cell provider. Tell them that you're getting unwanted sms messages and you want them to take care of it. I had to do this with sprint. They gave me a new number to call for "technical services" (please call from a land line), they gave me an AOL Helpdesk number, who gave me the AOL Mobile Services help number.

They told me sprint should have handled it themselves, but would fix it this time. The problem started up again about a week later, so I called sprint and had them fix it first time through.

They need to note your cell number and have AOL remove the link to forward messages to that mobile. That's enough information for them to sort it out in one call.

The problem with using sms blocking programs on your phone is that if you have a limited number of sms messages per month, these blocked messages count against your totala anyway, because they are being delivered.

I went with your advice. First SPrint forwarded me to AOL and there they asked me for my AOL account # in which I dont have since I dont have an AOL account. I then proceeded to let them know my situation and they insisted they do not give support for AIM. Went back and called Sprint once again and they gentlemen went in and setup an SMS block on certain thing. Its been a few hours now and im still getting those annoying unwanted SMS's. Lets see if anytime soon they go away. Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    When Callfilter is updated for the Treo 650 it will be able to block SMS from any number you choose...including unknown.
    But those still count against your limit (if you have one), right? The spammers are now hitting SMS! We need to establish the death penalty for spammers, but only after waving the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause. Six months of torture before frying them.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88

Well I finally got Lightwav 5.1 full version and installed it. Went to SMS Ringtones and created a Name called block with the filter from set to "Uknown" and keyword "AIM". All I can say is this feature of Lightwavs DOES NOT WORK. I have still been getting these annoying unwanted SMS. Guess I'll wait till Callfilter comes out to try.