1.    #1  
    ** 1.0rc3

* Fixed a crash related to moving a message to another folder
    * Fixed the "No roaming" preference (wasn't "sticking")
    * Fixed the screwy LED problem (interfering with other apps, flashing green when navigating the menu, etc)

** 1.0rc2

* I FIXED the problem with sleep not waking up in the morning; at least, I think so. Kudos to Conrad for helping me sort this out!
    * There's a weirdness with the LED that I have to look at tomorrow.

** 1.0rc1

* Chatter won't try to run if roaming.
    * Fixed a formatting issue with some messages and replies (losing carriage returns)
    * Fixed problem in which LED notification would go away after a while (after denying the problem existed... oops)
    * Fixed scrolling issue in Message View with "Walk Links" NOT selected
    * Improved Message View formatting of carriage returns
    is this in the downloads section on the new (very nice) website. I am still getting rc2 when I click download.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I pulled down RC3 during a Superbowl commercial. I'll test it out after the game.

Looks good so far.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4.    #4  
    New versions are NOT yet on the new site. Get them via the old downloads URLs.

Marc
    Of course I have no idea whether this is related to rc3 or just a random thing:

I upgraded from 20 or 18 or something like that (sorry, I lost track, I've been upgrading about twice a week lately) last night. Everything seemed to go fine. However, this morning I tried to do a quicksync before Chatter was supposed to "wake up" (it said "Wait" in the lower right hand corner, it was about 5 minutes before the scheduled wakeup time) and it told me there were no folders offline. Then when it was supposed to wake up, it showed the slash-envelope "couldn't connect" symbol.

So after a few minutes I gave it a soft reset, and when it came back, my account was gone. Only the local folders remain. Furter soft resets have had no effect.

(Outlook tells me the email account and the server appear to be operating in normal condition btw.)
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    still having issues with the Alert screen reporting the correct number of messages if I disable LED alerts with rc2
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    With rc3 I just got the WAIT message. It was pegging the net connection solid green, and Blazer wouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by markshelby
    I upgraded from 20 or 18 or something like that (sorry, I lost track, I've been upgrading about twice a week lately) last night. Everything seemed to go fine. However, this morning I tried to do a quicksync before Chatter was supposed to "wake up" (it said "Wait" in the lower right hand corner, it was about 5 minutes before the scheduled wakeup time) and it told me there were no folders offline. Then when it was supposed to wake up, it showed the slash-envelope "couldn't connect" symbol.
    I had a similar problem, I think, when upgrading to RC1 last week. I eventually figured it out - somehow, I think my ChatterInbox got corrupted. I was able to fix it by removing the ChatterInbox file using Filez and renaming my "primary" account to ChatterInbox. That may violate every known Chatter-rule in the Chatter-rulebook, but at least it worked for me! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, though, unless you do a FULL backup of your Treo, or don't mind losing some data!

HTH.....

EDIT: Looks like this is a red herring, at least as far as markshelby's issue is concerned. However, I did have trouble editing my Inbox after upgrading to RC1 and the above fixed it.
    Last edited by jberman; 02/07/2005 at 01:29 PM.
  9.    #9  
    98GSR - "Wait" just means that Chatter couldn't connect to the server and that it will try again in a short while. Assuming there aren't other folders active, this wouldn't cause the net connection to be working at all... Sounds like a network issue to me.

Marc
    Yeah, it has cleared up now. I'll keep an eye on it. I hadn't seen the WAIT message with previous versions, but it probaly was just a network hiccup. The network activity lights were solid green and would not throttle back to grey (SPCS). I went offline in Chatter, and then a QSync seemed to clear it up.
    98GSR-

I have been getting that some too. I have had to disconnect from the data network and reconnect to actually be able to transfer data. When it happened to me, I exited Chatter and went to the Web, only to receive an error message that the page couldn't be reached. Logging off and then back onto Vision fixed it for me, although I have had it happen several times in the past couple of weeks. I think SPCS has perhaps been having some issues.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro