1.    #1  
    I currently have a 600 on an att plan. Will I be able to buy a Cingular 650 and use my sim card or should I switch to a Cingular plan with the 650? Since I have been with att for several years will I be able to unlock the Cingular 650 immediately for overseas use with a prepaid sim card?
    nope, you need attws 650 if you want to use your current sim card

i doubt you can unlock your cingular 650 immediately
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    It would all depend on what plan you have with ATTWS. If you are like me, and have the Charter Plan, there are no Cingular plans that come close. But if you are willing to pay for any incoming SMS/MMS messages, Cingular might be the one for you. You may also want to look into buying an unlocked 650and keeping your ATTWS plan. Call PalmOne and see if they will honor the $599 price for the unlocked 650.
  4.    #4  
    If I buy an unlocked 650 from PalmOne do I just remove my sim card from my 600 and install in my new 650 and I am operational with same current att plan I have?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce43
    If I buy an unlocked 650 from PalmOne do I just remove my sim card from my 600 and install in my new 650 and I am operational with same current att plan I have?

Yes, that is the beauty of the unlocked GSM phones. You may need to go to the ATTWS website and look under help for the phone setup page. Choose the Treo 650 and provide your ATTWS cell number, the site will send the settings for WAP and MMS to your new 650. I hope this helps.