1.    #1  
    You cannot walk into a Cellphone store in Maine without knowing more than a saleman, so I refuse to deal with local stores. Now I think that Cingular Online may be more ignorant than the saleman at the store.

I am trying to get a Treo 650 Phone Voice Plan with a MediaWorks (which as I understand is what you need to have data access (web and email) with the Treo). If I try to order online from Cingular, I am not even given an option for the Mediaworks $19.99 deal (just MediaNet). I don't want to get a convergance device and not have web/e-mail access. Yet I could order my Treo at PalmOne...pay $100 more without any rebates...but at least get the Mediaworks plan.

How are all of you getting Voice and Data Service from Cingular? Am I doing something wrong...or is it time that Cingular get a new webmaster? Should I just call sales...will they still honor the website price?

Thanks

WC
    I bought my phone at Cingular but did not add the Media Works at that time because they will tell you that you can not have media works with the Treo. They want you to sign up with there $39 or $49 data package. So I bought my phone and did not add any package. I then called in to Cingular and did not tell them what phone I had and told them I wanted $19.99 media works with unlimited internet access and they added it with no problem.
    Last edited by nuwaub; 02/06/2005 at 08:21 PM.
    Be sure to ask the CS person to verify that you are getting the Media Works with unlimited data and not the unlimited MMS messaging. You have to look through the Cingular site carefully to find the unlimited data Media Works, but it is still there.
    See my post #7 on http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=71513. According to Cingular tech support, people who have the Media plans with the Treo 650 and are using them thinking they are getting their Internet access included are going to be in for a big surprise when they get their first bill. Ouch. I guess we'll know when people start getting their first bills.

- B.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.loveisearned.com<O</O
    Instant Messenger:<O</O
    AOL: brilovett, MSN: blovett@chicagogsb.edu, Yahoo: bm_lovett
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is no need to be sneaky about it. If you got a Cingular phone and someone in the store doesnt want to sell you a MediaWorks plan, just get the voice plan, then log on to your account at Cingular.com and add it yourself. It is as easy as click click click.
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    Be sure to ask the CS person to verify that you are getting the Media Works with unlimited data and not the unlimited MMS messaging. You have to look through the Cingular site carefully to find the unlimited data Media Works, but it is still there.
    There is nothing in the contract, or your account, that says that MEdia Works has unlimited Web access. It only says $19.95. I tried to get an assurance in writing that MW will remain unlimited during my 2 years contract, but every rep I spoke to refuses to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    There is nothing in the contract, or your account, that says that MEdia Works has unlimited Web access. It only says $19.95. I tried to get an assurance in writing that MW will remain unlimited during my 2 years contract, but every rep I spoke to refuses to do it.
    The Cingular website describes the MediaWorks plan as having 3MB (!) "wireless internet express."

Wait, weird. I *was* browsing at onlinestore.cingular.com. That stopped responding. After a bit, starting over from www.cingular.com, I found myself at onlinestore1.cingular.com; that one says "unlimited."

Compare
    http://onlinestore.cingular.com/html...ture_works.htm
    http://onlinestore1.cingular.com/htm...ture_works.htm
    if you can get both to load. Looks like Cingular's MediaWorks plan is about to go WAY downhill.
    Either way, I would rather stay with my ATTWS charter plan with $24.99 unlimited mMode and $5 for 100 text messages. On Cingular's plan, I would have to pay everytime someone sends me an SMS or MMS message and loose my unlimited anytime minutes. Cingular knows we are running out of choices and they are going to capitalize on it, $0.10 at a time.
    I live in New York City and I am unable to get the Mediaworks "unlimited wireless Internet" package for $19.99!

1. At the Cingular store, the sales rep says that package is only available for the Treo 600. With the Treo 650, I have to pay $39.99 for "unlimited wireless Internet".
    2. At PalmOne, the sales rep told me that the $19.99 Mediaworks "unlimited wireless Internet" package advertised on their website is actually a mistake and it is actually $39.99 "because cingular just recently changed their pricing for Mediaworks on the 650". What??
    3. When you go to the Cingular website, Mediaworks for $19.99 is available with "unlimited wireless Internet" for coverage areas outside of NYC. But as soon as you specify a zipcode in NYC, then Mediaworks $19.99 only lists "3MB" (not unlimited) for wireless Internet!!! What is going on?
    Seems like we are getting ripped off in the New York city area?
    Does anyone else have this problem and were you able to get around it?
    Am I going to have to find another address outside NYC to take advantage of Mediaworks for $19.99??

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilovett
    See my post #7 on http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=71513. According to Cingular tech support, people who have the Media plans with the Treo 650 and are using them thinking they are getting their Internet access included are going to be in for a big surprise when they get their first bill. Ouch. I guess we'll know when people start getting their first bills.

- B.

If you'll learn one thing from this site, it will be to not trust CS or TS!!!!! It depends on how you are using MediaWorks. If you had MW unlimited on a previous phone and swapped the SIM into your Treo650, they won't know. If you're dumb enough to tell them you swapped phones - you're hating life!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilovett

- B.
    So we're going to have to wait a month till the 1st T650 Cingular people get their bills?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650