1.    #1  
    The Treo 600 is an awesome smarphone and so far, I consider it to be a setp up from the 7135 that I used before. But, I sorely miss two features of the 7135...

1 - Ringer thru headset (ringtone plays through headset)
    2 - Voice Dial + activation of Voice Dial using the Headset button

Combined, these two features allowed me to keep the phone in my bag or buried in layers of clothes, yet, allowed me to dial, answer and disconnect calls without ever reaching for the phone.

With the Treo, I can answer a call and disconnect, using the headset button. But, I can't always hear it and the vibrate is weak. Also, I installed the trial version of Voice Dialer Pro (latest release) and I cannot get the button on the headset to launch the voice dialer app while the Treo is sleeping - which, for my specific needs, renders the application useless. I tried 3 different wired headset.

Are there any alternative voice dialer apps out there that will get past the sleep mode of the phone and allow me to initiate a call using the headset button? What about an app that will play the ringtone, a voice promptor even a single audible beep, through the headset, to signal an incoming call.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nycfonephreak
    The Treo 600 is an awesome smarphone and so far, I consider it to be a setp up from the 7135 that I used before. But, I sorely miss two features of the 7135...

Combined, these two features allowed me to keep the phone in my bag or buried in layers of clothes, yet, allowed me to dial, answer and disconnect calls without ever reaching for the phone.

With the Treo, I can answer a call and disconnect, using the headset button. But, I can't always hear it and the vibrate is weak. Also, I installed the trial version of Voice Dialer Pro (latest release) and I cannot get the button on the headset to launch the voice dialer app while the Treo is sleeping - which, for my specific needs, renders the application useless. I tried 3 different wired headset.

Are there any alternative voice dialer apps out there that will get past the sleep mode of the phone and allow me to initiate a call using the headset button? What about an app that will play the ringtone, a voice promptor even a single audible beep, through the headset, to signal an incoming call.

Thanks!

If you want to be able to hear the ringtone and audio thru the headset then go and download Freedom www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html

with the Treo the only buttons are active during sleep are the hardkeys and the power on/off switch.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    I downloaded the Freedom trial version - looks like a winner! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nycfonephreak

Are there any alternative voice dialer apps out there that will get past the sleep mode of the phone and allow me to initiate a call using the headset button?

VoiceLauncher should do all three of the above. VL even lets you have different options for normal sounds and the phone ringer, so I have mine set up to allow system sounds through the headset, but the phone ringer through the main speaker, since sometimes I like to drive with the headset plugged in but not at my ear unless I'm on a call. The developer's web site is

www.treoware.com