1.    #1  
    any one know how???

I can't seem to activate the Debug nub on the treo 650. the docs say to use shortcut .2 but I can't seem to get the graffiti right. I sthere another way (##???# maybe)

Is there another way to debug applications on the treo. I have to do it on the device because I can't get the MP3codec to be usable in the simulator.

--
    thanks
  2.    #2  
    Answer my own question...
    here's how.
    go to freewarepalm get dot_dot tool.
    that will let you enter console mode to attach debugger.

debug mode just lock up my treo..
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcc
    any one know how???

I can't seem to activate the Debug nub on the treo 650. the docs say to use shortcut .2 but I can't seem to get the graffiti right. I sthere another way (##???# maybe)

Is there another way to debug applications on the treo. I have to do it on the device because I can't get the MP3codec to be usable in the simulator.

--
    thanks
    Debug mode is generally used in conjuction with the palm debugger on your PC. The 650 now allows you to use the USB cable for 99% of all debugging efforts.

The key sequence to bring the 650 into debug mode is:

option-find (left shift)
    s
    alt
    scroll to the last charater in the list
    1 or 2

After this you should be able to connect to your 650 with the PC debugger.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    I still can't get USB debugging to work using PODS. Any suggestions? Here is what I have done:

- started up DotDotTwo, got the blinky square down in the corner
    - copied USBPort.dll to c:\Program Files\PalmOne
    - started PODS and opened my project
    - created a debug config with the target as Device(USB)
    - connected my T650 to the computer by USB cable
    - launched my project in debug mode

After 10-20 seconds, it times out with the message below:

Target request failed: Failed to connect to target using the 68K Palm OS Debug Kernel Protocol Plug-in protocol. Check protocol and communications preferences, cables, and target hardware, and try again..
    org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.MI2CDIException: Failed to connect to target using the 68K Palm OS Debug Kernel Protocol Plug-in protocol. Check protocol and communications preferences, cables, and target hardware, and try again.
    org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.model.Target.restart(Target.java:349)
    org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.model.Target.resume(Target.java:376)
    org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.model.CDebugTarget.resume(CDebugTarget.java:637)
    org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.CDebugModel.newDebugTarget(CDebugModel.java:144)
    com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate.launchForDebugging(PalmLaunchDe legate.java:2324)
    com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate.launch(PalmLaunchDelegate.java: 2113)
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:569)
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:788)
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:955)
    org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)
    Hi,

Cannot say about PODS. For Codewarrior
    1) You have to move, not copy, the USBPort.dll
    2) You also have to shut down the Hotsync service. HTH.
    When I debug on my actual device, I use the standalone Palm OS Debugger instead of the native PODS debugger (works great with Simulator, but I've had no luck with an actual device). You can drag the Debug build of your PRC into the Palm Os Debugger window and it will find all the symbol information automatically. Then use the Debug Nub on your device and click start in the debugger.
    Check out:
    http://palmos.combee.net/blog/USBDeb...heTreo650.html

On Ben Combee's website. He's the best info there is on this stuff.
    Tip: Easy way to get the 650 in debug mode.

Hold down the shift key while hitting the hotsync button (assumes treo is plugged into said cable). That's all it takes.