1.    #1  
    I am using a REX with Starfish softwate, does anyone know if I can keep the Starfish software for my contacts or how I will convert them over the Visor software. I a m not the biggest fan of Outlook.
    What StarFish software you are referring to? SideKick? Starfish does have an accessor for TrueSync which should enable you to sync between your Visor and Sidekick plus a whole bunch of other apps. Truesync is the conduit that I use and I've been very satisfied with it... and it's free.
    Originally posted by bregent1:
    What StarFish software you are referring to? SideKick? Starfish does have an accessor for TrueSync which should enable you to sync between your Visor and Sidekick plus a whole bunch of other apps. Truesync is the conduit that I use and I've been very satisfied with it... and it's free.
    I

I have alot of data on SideKick. I am having a terrible time synchronizing it with my new Visor and the SideKick software people will not help me. Unless I get help from someone (Visor tech support said to wait for an email response on this, but I haven't heard back yet) I will have to return my visor for a palm pilot. I would rather keep my visor.

I believe my problem is that I don't have the synch custom controls set properly and my data keeps getting recopied even when I delete it, now I have double of all my appts in the calendar.

Any advice? Thoughts? Sidekick says they provide tech support for the palm pilot so I may have to go there.

Teresa

Originally posted by bregent1:
  5.    #5  
    I was the one who originally posted this thread a long time ago (pre-purchase of visor). Once I got the Visor I decided that the software was for the most part better than the sidekick stuff on my rex, or atleast had some promise once I got used to it.

I did a download of my sidekick phone list to excel, then some parsing and editing using text formulas until I got it into an import form that looked basically compatible. It took some time but was kind of fun in a computer geeky way and besides it was the middle of winter and was still better than doing work.

I still needed to do editing on the pc to the file once uploaded to the visor software.

I did get the double entries, never really figured out why, just went and deleted. I thought I had loaded it in twice by accident, but I also got double entries when I gave my address file to another new visor user who had several common interests. He just deleted them as well (probably about 300 entries - deleting doesn't take to long). Since I don't have much other call for importing I don't have the time to try and figure out what went wrong.

I would encourage the use of the visor software its actually pretty good and I am a strong believer in adapting to the path of least resistance when it comes to technology products.

Good luck. I like the visor over what I have seen with the palms. Seems like you get more out of the box at better price. Just feels right.
  6.    #6  
    Hey I was just thinking the Palm and Visor are probably running the same application software so call them for the help and use it on your visor.