Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    Are programs that are sold on/by palm less likely to crash?
  2. #22  
    I'm glad to see this thread active again. I too lean towards freeware. I'm running Adobe Reader, DA, FileZ, IBM Java with Opera Mini, NVBackup, KeyCaps, SharkLinks, Snap, Athletix (workout tracking program, recently offered free from Normsoft), Colorize, TreoMax, eReader, KeyGuard Time, HandyShopper, IconManager, Oracle, SolFree, TCPMP, Yahdice. The only programs I have that I've paid for are PTunes Deluxe, VoiceDial, VolumeCare, DeLorme Street Atlas.
    I have a Treo 650, locked, Cingular and have no problems with crashes or instability with this set-up.

    Laurie
  3. #23  
    Don't forget one I use quite often:

    Palm PDF

    best pdf viewer out there and it is free.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  4. #24  
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5. #25  
    palmpuke, free, keeps you from losing your memory card and is good for a laugh
  6. #26  
    i use a few pieces of freeware, but I am very cautious. Poorly written software can cause a lot of instability. I generally look for software that is regularly updated and actively supported, with an active developer in a forum or mailing-list. New software gets released, new incompatibilities are found, new devices and accessories get released. I want a developer that stays one step ahead of me, and I'm willing to pay for it.

    That said: palmpdf. can't recommend it enough. much better than docs to go for pdf.
  7. #27  
    I agree with the above post about palmPDF. I use it on my 700, rather than DTG. I also stick with:

    Converter
    Diddlebug
    Directory Assistant
    FlightStatus
    GroupTextMessaging
    HandyShopper
    SolFree (my only game)
    TCPMP
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  8. #28  
    Does anyone know if there's a Palm app that's like "Blackberry 411". It's a single program that can do:

    1) weather
    2) movies
    3) stocks
    4) directions
    5) yellow pages
    6) white pages

    etc...
  9. #29  
    Handmark Express.

    Or

    On Demand (if you have a Sprint 700P)
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth_treo
    Does anyone know if there's a Palm app that's like "Blackberry 411". It's a single program that can do:

    1) weather
    2) movies
    3) stocks
    4) directions
    5) yellow pages
    6) white pages

    etc...

    http://mobile.yahoo.com
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  11. #31  
    mycheckbook (keep track of money)
    checklist (shopping list)
    diddlebug (note pad)
    ereader (ebooks)
    ledoff ( to get that stupid light to stop blinking)
    p-expense (keep track of daily expense)
    quizwiz (study for classes)
    rotation (rotate the screen landscape or whatever I want..the best recommend free or upgrade to buy)
    tcpmp (best audio and video player)
    tip pro (tip at dinner)
    due yesterday (I'm a student have to keep track of assignments)
    1staid (works well and nice to have and review for a lifegraud)
    bucky (game)
    chaserdig (game)
    checkers (game)
    chesstiger (game)
    chinese checkers (game)
    coconutfern (connect4)
    converter (converts anything and everything)
    crosswords (scrabble)
    empire (game)
    hanoi (towers of hanoi)
    kingdom (like civ III)
    mage's maze (game)
    mankind (game)
    minibar (nice to know drinks)
    moepaint (art studio)
    monopalm (monoploy on palm)
    naplam racing (free racing 3-d game)
    pacdude100 (pacman)
    piloth (othello)
    pinball (game)
    pocket city (like sim cityish)
    prison (game)
    puzzle (puzzle)
    saymonpalm (memory game)
    sea war mp (battleship)
    space trader (game)
    sudoku (woot)
    t-crisis (tetris)
    tank war (tank game)
    trade! (stock game)
    traffic (puzzle)
    ts-wof (wheel of fourtune)
    vpoker (pokerfive card)
    wordwiggle (fun game)
    zdoomz (doom)
    I know it is more than ten but this is what I have on my treo adn I get kind of a lot in hs.
    Google is my Best Friend


    The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

    http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
  12. #32  
    get alot of what in high school?
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jreagles21
    mycheckbook (keep track of money)
    checklist (shopping list)
    diddlebug (note pad)
    ereader (ebooks)
    ledoff ( to get that stupid light to stop blinking)
    p-expense (keep track of daily expense)
    quizwiz (study for classes)
    rotation (rotate the screen landscape or whatever I want..the best recommend free or upgrade to buy)
    tcpmp (best audio and video player)
    tip pro (tip at dinner)
    due yesterday (I'm a student have to keep track of assignments)
    1staid (works well and nice to have and review for a lifegraud)
    bucky (game)
    chaserdig (game)
    checkers (game)
    chesstiger (game)
    chinese checkers (game)
    coconutfern (connect4)
    converter (converts anything and everything)
    crosswords (scrabble)
    empire (game)
    hanoi (towers of hanoi)
    kingdom (like civ III)
    mage's maze (game)
    mankind (game)
    minibar (nice to know drinks)
    moepaint (art studio)
    monopalm (monoploy on palm)
    naplam racing (free racing 3-d game)
    pacdude100 (pacman)
    piloth (othello)
    pinball (game)
    pocket city (like sim cityish)
    prison (game)
    puzzle (puzzle)
    saymonpalm (memory game)
    sea war mp (battleship)
    space trader (game)
    sudoku (woot)
    t-crisis (tetris)
    tank war (tank game)
    trade! (stock game)
    traffic (puzzle)
    ts-wof (wheel of fourtune)
    vpoker (pokerfive card)
    wordwiggle (fun game)
    zdoomz (doom)
    I know it is more than ten but this is what I have on my treo adn I get kind of a lot in hs.
    How about some links to some of theses?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  14. #34  
    can anyone send me pacdude...used link that was in forum but gateway not found....
    ; (
  15. #35  
    Top 10 are astersiked but I'd miss some of the others....a lot

    FileZ* / or FileProg
    PowerUp*
    MReset*
    MInfo*
    AdobeReader4Palm
    PalmPDF
    Converter
    dBscan
    DateDiff
    Directory Assisitant*
    Flight Status*
    eReader
    Hal9000 (just for goofs)
    Thumbscan (as above)
    Metro*
    PalmPuke*
    OperaMini
    ResetEMU
    Sharklinks*
    Snap
    SoundRec
    STOIC*
    Stopwatch
    TCPMP
    TideTool
    Timing
    TipPro
    TrackerDog
    PocketTVBrowser
    VideoJugsaw
    URLPro
    VFS Mark
  16. #36  
    So, here's my list. All of these have lasted on my Treo since I installed them, so they must be useful for something. Yeah, these don't crash or mess-up your Treo either.

    Utilities:
    1. 3XCom - File browser and management
    2. NVBackup - Reliable and automated backup
    3. Destaller Lite - Uninstall most applications, nicely
    4. LEDOff - Keep the distracting LED off
    5. KeyCaps600 - Save your keyboard, and reduce frustration
    6. Snap - Screen shots of the display
    7. SysTool - View and manage unsaved and saved preferences
    8. netClock - Sync time OTA
    9. VFSExchange - File management utility
    10. PalmInternals/ MemInfo - Find out and understand more about your Treo
    Productivity and Others:
    1. Profiles - Quickly set your Treo preferences
    2. HandyShopper - Shopping-list manager
    3. HolidayDB/Maker - Holidays manager
    4. pFuel - Fuel log
    5. ScreenButton - Launcher
    6. SoundRec - Voice memo recorder and playback
    7. WatchMaker - Small, nice, clock and alarm
    8. EasyCalc - Great all-in-one calculator
    9. SharkMsg (Ver 1.3, no higher) - Auto SMS application
    10. DiddleBug - Quick notes, etc.
    All these are available on MTDN or freewarepalm.com
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #37  
    Great lists guys/gals
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    can anyone send me pacdude...used link that was in forum but gateway not found....
    ; (

    Have you tried this link:
    http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...2-palm-pc.html
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    [*]SharkMsg (Ver 1.3, no higher) - Auto SMS application
    So does SharkMsg not screw around with the option key when on a call?

    I was trying to copy down a phone number from a voicemail the other day and LudusW kept saying UNREGISTERED COPY even though the stupid voicemail pad was disabled.

    I finally remembered the number long enough to put it into a memo, disabled it, and deleted the damned program.

    I might put SharkMsg back on if it doesn't do that stupid crap, it can be occationally useful to fire off an SMS in that fashion.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I was trying to copy down a phone number from a voicemail the other day and LudusW kept saying UNREGISTERED COPY even though the stupid voicemail pad was disabled.

    I might put SharkMsg back on if it doesn't do that stupid crap, it can be occationally useful to fire off an SMS in that fashion.
    I gave up on LudusW a l-o-n-g time ago. Hardly used it for a few days.

    That said, SharkMsg 1.3 seems to be doing quiet well, though it does not have the "advanced" features of LudusW (automatic SMS, for example or the Voicemail Pad)

    Occassionally (rarely) the SharkMsg would pop-up when not required or necessary but in any case, it has never resulted in a crash or hang-up of my Treo.

    In versions greater in 1.3 the developers made some dramatic changes to the code (according to the version history) and it has all gone downhill since then.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions