1. JJR
    You can now download additional cities other than New York at vidigo.com. The only problem is that they are in beta form right now.

Check it out!! Vindigo is a fantastic program that will rival AvantGo as far as usefullness goes.

I'm really looking forward to the finished product for Chicago!!!

I am maybe missing the obvious, but I couldn't find any mention of other cities on their site. Where do you find that info?
  3. JJR
    Sorry about that.... Go to: http://www.vindigo.com/download/step1_cities.jsp

They have Boston, Chicago, San Fran, and I think Washinton DC. Enjoy.
    is it possible to have info for more than one city at a time? i noticed that you had to select a city and then download an executable.

If i have to do this everytime i want info for a city i'm travelling to, then maybe Snapshot - <city> on AvantGo is better. I've got 'snapshots' of 4 cities i frequent.
  5. JJR
    You can put as many of the available cities as your visor will hold. I currently have San Fran, Chicago, NYC on my Visor. Each city is approximately 400K.

I was playing around with the Chicago program last night. It seems to be pretty accurate. Keep in mind that the beta version is still under construction.
    I must be in the minority, but I think Vindigo is much ado about nothing. I don't really want to carry a phone book on my visor. It's non-discriminating. I don't NEED to know every single hot dog stand in a five block radius of where I'm standing.

When I am traveling I want recommendations, pointers, tips--not a phone book. I found Vindigo to be too annoyingly large with unnecessary detail. OTOH, simple things like listings of Broadway plays or museum exhibits--it didn't do very well. Citysearch.com or Snapshot (preferred) (through avantgo) is a much more practical solution.
  7. JJR
    Mark -

I can see where you're coming from. Vindigo is pretty damn big. I do really like the user interface and options available. I really didn't care for City Search. I found it really lacking in information. I live in Chicago and didn't find it very usefull.

The thing I like about Vindigo is when I'm hanging out in the city, I can find the nearest italian or thai restaurant and see a review and price range. I can't tell you how many times I'm randomly driving around at lunch time when I'm in some unfamiliar part of the city looking for a place to eat.

I guess it's just a personal preference. I think Vindigo has a ton of potential.