1.    #1  
    I want to use something to launch Sprint Voice Command to dial with my BT headset. I have horizontal case that exposes the side button so that is an obvoius choice for me. I don't want to fumble with the phone while I drive or push more buttons than necessary. Has anyone found a way that can turn on the phone and launch a favorite from the side button.
    Adam West
    No, I'm afraid no such software exists yet. Many people have tried however. The only thing close would be to use TapDial to map VoiceCommand to a hard button, but for your request, the side button can not wake up the Treo, so you would need to take it out before using that.
    I know VoiceLauncher supports the side button to launch its voicedial functions. Its a one time price of $29 as opposed to paying Sprint $5 a month for it for God only knows how long....

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I'm using TapDial to launch it from the side button, but I still have to turn it on and disable keyguard, so there's still fumbling involved. I'm hoping someone can hack that. TapDial itself works great though.

Techprincesse, the side buttton still doesn't wake up the phone with VoiceLauncher, does it? You've still got to turn it on and disable keygaurd, right?
    No voicelauncher still does not wake up the phone with the side button there is no app in existance today that does. What an oversight this is !!
    I have the "F" button mapped to dial Sprint Voice Command. The "F" button has a "raised dot" so it is easy to locate even in the dark.
    problem is you have to have the phone out of the case to do it ... its mind boggling that there is no way to use a bt headset and not have to take the phone out of the case to use voice dialing.
    It's interesting that the push button on a wired headset will wake up the 650 and launch VoiceDial (from Palm's site) but the side button won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    It's interesting that the push button on a wired headset will wake up the 650 and launch VoiceDial (from Palm's site) but the side button won't.
    Nor the push button on a BT headset which SHOULD have the exact same function.
    I dont have keyguard disabled and I DID turn on the sidekey function in Voicelauncher options and it works fine for me everytime i press it. It even launched on occasion from pressing the button on the Moto 820 I had before.

I was using the version before the current release of Voicelauncher and everything worked fine, once i downloaded the newer one, the BT button doesnt work anymore. So it doesnt work with the Scala I have now. =(

Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Techprincesse, the side buttton still doesn't wake up the phone with VoiceLauncher, does it? You've still got to turn it on and disable keygaurd, right?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  11.    #11  
    This should be do-able. Any suggestions for who to wisper to to get this functionality to be added to a utility. Any of the keyboard autoanswer/guard utilities come to mind.
    Adam West
    There must be some confusion here .. The side key will NOT wake up a treo even with Voicelauncher ?

I have even taken a naked 650 with 0 software installed, installed voice launcher, enabled side key, hit end to put it to sleep and poof side key does nothing.
  13.    #13  
    So can the side button be programmed to turn on the phone.
    Adam West
    Not with any current utility.
  15.    #15  
    The question is CAN it be done not whether it has been done. If it can and it is a useful addition to one of the utilities then it might be worthwile for those using headsets to ask that this be added to the feature list. There are several general purpose utilities that pertain to Treos in cases etc.

Just trying to stirr up interest in that capability.
    Adam West