Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Which do you prefer, E-grips or Flexiskin?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    be carefull with e grips had it with my 600 had to replace it twice because they tend to peel on the edges. flexiskin is a lot more permanent only problem it is a pain if you have to get to the battery cover.

Fred
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Fred,

Do you mean that when you put on e-grips they can never be taken off or replaced?

Thanks,

Lenny
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    No you can take off the e grips problems i had is they start to peel off the edges.

Fred
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I'm two weeks into the Skin and I'm very happy with it...the raised rubber over the hard buttons and 5-way actually make navigation easier with the skin on. Its very easy to remove if I need to do a reset, and it can now rest on uneven surfaces without the worry of falling off.

Plus, if and when the inevitable drop happens, the battery cover won't go flying off and you'll protect the Treo much more over the long run.

Works great! I have the translucent white I bought from T|C
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thanks Fred and Phildro, I just realized that tc and boxwave sells similar cases. Does anyone know the differences between them?
    Lenny

I absolutely LOVE the egrips and couldn't live without them. I have also had 0 problems with peeling after 2 months. When you first apply the grips you need to use some pressure to secure the adhesive, and then as the instructions tell you leave it alone for a few hours dont go jam it into a case or anything else that could loosen the adhesive before it sets.
    the boxwave skin has a nub for a belt clip while the T|C one does not.
    Do the eGrips make the Treo look cheesy? From the few pictures I've seen online, I didn't like the look at all. Do some of you just put some of the eGrip on or do you use all of it and cover the unit? Can anyone post some pictures please?
    Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I had the Flexskin. 2nd time it was removed it looked like the picture below. I must say that the TreoCentral store took care of it courteously and with no hassles at all - for which I am very appreciative. They could have just as easily told me I was SOL.

If you don't plan on removing it often (I had to because I sometimes use a belt case) it works great and really doesn't look bad. If you need to remove/replace it often I'd be wary. That would probably apply to any of the condom type cases.

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/3821/photo022yx4yu.jpg
    Can you guys be a little more specific with the "flexiskin or flexskin" case. I couldn't find this using a search on the TC site/store. Can you provide a link to where it can be purchased? Or are you using the word generically?

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    t|c skin

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Can you guys be a little more specific with the "flexiskin or flexskin" case. I couldn't find this using a search on the TC site/store. Can you provide a link to where it can be purchased? Or are you using the word generically?

Tks
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by umcp
    the boxwave skin has a nub for a belt clip while the T|C one does not.
    So is do they feel the same? Why would I want to spend the extra money on the boxwave besides having a belt clip attactment?

Thanks
    Lenny

I love my new egrips on the 650. I purchased the gunmetal blue color, and they look good and are shaped very nicely. I don't use a case.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by umcp
    Tks UMCP
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Do the eGrips make the Treo look cheesy? From the few pictures I've seen online, I didn't like the look at all. Do some of you just put some of the eGrip on or do you use all of it and cover the unit? Can anyone post some pictures please?
    Thanks!
    Not at all, they match the Treo in color perfectly (get the gunmetal) and do not change the "appereance" of the treo one bit. If you ask me its these flexiskins that make Treo's look cheap
    The unlocked GSM are going to be gunmetal finish?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Anyone? I wanted to buy the right color eGrips to try them out.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    from the pics I've seen, the GSM is silver where the egrips would go, and blue around the screen (reverse of Sprint version)
    Is anyone using the skin cases in their pocket? I don't like using a belt clip and don't want a case that will be a pain to get in and out of my pockets. Also, anyone have pics? Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast