Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wonder if this is a P1 conspiracy. whmurray? Whaddaya think ?

Seriously though ..... with the condom on it (Skin cover) it's great but won't fit in a case. And the condom seems to not be something that should be removed often as it will tear (as mind did). I like a pouch case, but when you reach in to grab it with 2 or 3 fingers it's an accident waiting to happen. The flip cases and the Vaja type cases make it too big. The Krussel case is OK but it covers the keyboard with cheesie plastic that looks like my grandma's lampshade covers and it must effect the useabilty of the keyboard.

Maybe the eGrips is the answer if it fits in the Seidio belt clip. Hmmm, or maybe some rosin (like baseball players use), or some sandpaper to rough it up a bit.
    Get a Boxwave Flexiskin.

Slips no more.

Forget about other cases...just pocket it (or belt clip it) and go...
    I applied some 3M non-slip rubber tape to the sides of my T650 and it is slippery no more.
    I'm not trying to be funny.

Wash your hands more often. Mine doesn't slip at all, ever.

Also important to remember that everyone is different. Some people sweat more, and some people have slipperier sweat.

Tom

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    That one looks interesting because it has a clip. I've got the "TreoCentral" skin (aka condom) which has no clip plus it ripped the 2nd time I removed it from the 650 when I wanted to put it in my Seidio holster clip instead of the condom. I also don't like the rubber covering the buttons ... I really see no reason for that. The keypad isn't protected so why bother with the buttons? I guess I could just cut that off with scissors as it has nothing at all to do with keeping the cover on.

Edit: Does their clip have the release button on TOP so in case one has a bit of a, er, waistline wcould it release it? Krussel has the release buttons on the side which is great.

Edit Edit: Doesn't even look like the Boxwave clip has a "ledge" at the bottom of the clip to hook onto your belt. Looks like an accident waiting to happen (it could easily fall off your belt).

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Get a Boxwave Flexiskin.

Slips no more.

Forget about other cases...just pocket it (or belt clip it) and go...
    Last edited by MisterEd; 02/06/2005 at 12:30 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Problem is, most non-slip solutions preclude use of a case or pouch. I'm uncomfortable with it in my pocket (other then my shirt which is a problem in itself).
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    eGrips, the only way to go. The phone with eGrips fits fine in my Covertec horizontal case.
  9. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I agree. I just wish the thin silvery-colored strips on the sides were rubber instead of plastic. That would help a lot.
    eGrips do get ratty after a few months, though. Too soon (for me) to tell what kind of longevity the skin case will have...
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    I hate things on my belt, I seldom even where a belt. so the treocentral rubber condom is great. I like it because it sits very well on my dash and protects the case when resting on my desk, (where the heck is the cradle!) my skin case seems to be holding up. I understand that it is light weight rubber so I am careful when removing it. One problem though, I toss the phone in various pockets. IT gets all kinds of crap stuck to the rubber...
    Hey, I know I posted this question in another thread, but this one is getting replies so here goes. Do the eGrips make the Treo look cheesy? From the few pictures I've seen online, I didn't like the look at all. Do some of you just put some of the eGrip on or do you use all of it and cover the unit? Can anyone post some pictures please?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71955
    Thanks!

________
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    MrEd.

the boxwave belt clip is very secure...even more so that other "hard" belt clips I have had.

I don't use the belt clip (personal pref), but I did test it out and it is more than adequate.

I'm telling ya, slip no more with the boxwave skin (WAY more durable than the TC or other "comdoms")
  14.    #14  
    Do you think the piece that covers the 5way & buttons could be cut off without compromising the "security" of the skin (ie: will it fall off without it)?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    MrEd.

the boxwave belt clip is very secure...even more so that other "hard" belt clips I have had.

I don't use the belt clip (personal pref), but I did test it out and it is more than adequate.

I'm telling ya, slip no more with the boxwave skin (WAY more durable than the TC or other "comdoms")
    no, I bet it would slide off the bottom of the treo.

Some pros to the rubber over the buttons:

1. It makes pressing the menu button with the stylus possible.
    2. These are probably the most used buttons, I could see crud getting lodged in the center button of the rocker...
  16.    #16  
    I just tried it with my "torn" TC skin and it stays fine. Shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if I'd trust it on a belt clip though like the Boxwave one has.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcc
    no, I bet it would slide off the bottom of the treo.

Some pros to the rubber over the buttons:

1. It makes pressing the menu button with the stylus possible.
    2. These are probably the most used buttons, I could see crud getting lodged in the center button of the rocker...
    I find the full wrap eGrips option, combined with the ProClip holster clip, to be an awesome solution. The grips don't conflict with the holster (meaning, the holster doesn't wear on or interfere with the grips) and the holster itself is very snug and secure. The Treo is held screen inward, and very close to the body - it doesn't hang outward like some clip versions I've seen. A good combo, all around. Safe, secure. Brilliant!
    Do you guys wash your hands after you've been to the restroom?
    My Treo is not slippery at all
    LMFAO
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Eeeeeeeew, Tiffany.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast