Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This may be a futile question to ask in this board, since the reason many people come here is BECAUSE they are having problems, but I haven't had a SINGLE reboot on my Treo 650 (sound of wood knocking). Anyone else?
    Last edited by ZBoater; 02/06/2005 at 09:07 AM. Reason: misspelling
    should have put the infamous who's with me on the main subject
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  3.    #3  
    I did. Someone took it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Someone took it out.
    I removed it. That phrase adds nothing to the content and is getting a little annoying.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    I removed it. That phrase adds nothing to the content and is getting a little annoying.
    Well, you ARE the moderator, so far be it for me to tell you how to do your job, but...

Now the post goes from a solicitation of people who have not had a reboot experience to something that looks like I am boasting that I've never had a reboot. It has changed the meaning and context of the original post. I was aware of profanity and soliciting illegal actions being a no no, but annoying didnt seem like one of the reasons to censor someone's post....

Oh well, guess I hit the lottery of the "who is with me" patrol....
    that kind of moderation is unnecessary and silly. what kind of nazi board are we running here?
    No re-boots here either with Cingular version since purchased last Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by dethman
    that kind of moderation is unnecessary and silly. what kind of nazi board are we running here?
    I love it when people compare moderators to a regime that killed millions and was bent on world domination. Easy fix...you don't like the work the mods VOLUNTEER here to keep the boards running smoothly then...

SEE YA
    I have owned the treo650 since early dec, never had to do a hard reset not even once, and the only time I had soft resets it was caused by some 3rd party app.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I'm glad you have not had any resets...however, you need to turn it on first... ;-)

As for the moderation, MarkE takes it rather seriously. I would rather their titles be changed to "editors" (or "censors", if you want the connotative term), as that is what it has developed to.

Don't you like a little Fascism in your sandbox? ;-)
    I think most of us that have had many hard resets are power users and have alot of third party apps. installed on our units. Plus there are several quirks in the 650 that palm needs to address. If you read enough posts here you will see what they all are. Im happy for you that you havent had any resets, but unfortunately your a minority not the majority. I wish it were the other way around, but happy for you none the less. All in all I still love my treo!
    dutchtrumpet,

While I get your point, let's not forget that many Brown Shirts were volunteers.

I agree the comaprison is excessive and deameaning to victim, mainly due to context/magnitude.

However the general attitude is consistent with Fascist regimes, except we can leave whenever we want...no body is forced to play here.

I think boards in general should be either free-for-alls with ratings that allow the chaff to fall to the bottom, or heavily reviewed so that the board owners only feel the creme de le creme are posted.

Things in the middle are very, are, well, very middling.

I actually favor the later (although that is completely at odds with the TC Store model, which wants as much traffic and sales as possible. This is a sad conflict of interest whose start was the beginning of the end for TC).

TC has grown, the signal to noise ratio has gotten out of control. along with out of control "sticky" topics (which need their own section). Trying to find a solution to a problem has become impossible...search is nearly useless now.

Eventually, someone with more time and motivation will set something up that is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    dutchtrumpet,

While I get your point, let's not forget that many Brown Shirts were volunteers.

I agree the comaprison is excessive and deameaning to victim, mainly due to context/magnitude.

However the general attitude is consistent with Fascist regimes, except we can leave whenever we want...no body is forced to play here.

I think boards in general should be either free-for-alls with ratings that allow the chaff to fall to the bottom, or heavily reviewed so that the board owners only feel the creme de le creme are posted.

Things in the middle are very, are, well, very middling.

I actually favor the later (although that is completely at odds with the TC Store model, which wants as much traffic and sales as possible. This is a sad conflict of interest whose start was the beginning of the end for TC).

TC has grown, the signal to noise ratio has gotten out of control. along with out of control "sticky" topics (which need their own section). Trying to find a solution to a problem has become impossible...search is nearly useless now.

Eventually, someone with more time and motivation will set something up that is better.

I agree with you. I do take offense when the word nazi is tossed around loosely. Who's with me
    The censorship thing is a little bothersome, I have to admit, but we are all using the site for free, and the TC boys really owe us nothing. This is not truly a free-speech issue, now is it? You don't like how they handle things? Well, those who love their TREO 650's tell those of us who question things to "just don't buy the telephone". So, just don't buy anything from the TREOCentral Store, and see if they notice. Probably, they won't, but it's really your only way to say anything...

I don't think we'll ever know if the majority of users have trouble or not since the posters here are really a small minority of all TREO 650 users. Still, I think it's a darn shame that PalmOne ain't responding to any of this, except to say that only Power Users (whoever they are) will have problems. Again, all you can do is vote with your wallet.....
    becareful guys. continued talk about moderation will get you banned....
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    becareful guys. continued talk about moderation will get you banned....
    I only talk about moderation in moderation.
    I agree. The title has changed the meaning of the post. Unfortunately we have no right to complain becase we don't pay for the service. We have to "love it or leave it." (As the band starts to play America The Beautiful in the background).

And if was up to me, I'd "censor" the Nazi inference. That was totally off-base.

Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Now the post goes from a solicitation of people who have not had a reboot experience to something that looks like I am boasting that I've never had a reboot. It has changed the meaning and context of the original post.
    That's a curious point of view... a power user is defined as having a ton of third-party apps? What do you call someone who uses the installed apps constantly, every day? A casual user?

My position is that most of the third-party apps you more vocal people talk about add very little to the utility of the device. For me, the one thing that blows me away is the browser. I can find a site that will give me just about anything I want, without the need to add anything else.

That said, I have added KB Lights Off, Chatter, Kinoma, and Pocket Tunes. These programs give me the functionality that I had with my Sony TG50, and more.

I am still amazed at how cool this little device is, and it has been absolutely stable for me after not using VersaMail. About the only other thing I could wish for is more manual control over the camera.

Tom
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer20
    ...Im happy for you that you havent had any resets, but unfortunately your a minority not the majority. I wish it were the other way around, but happy for you none the less. All in all I still love my treo!
    Well, I may be a minority in this forum, but like I said I think that those having problems are a minority within the Treo community overall. Think of the thousands upon thousand of Treos sold, and think about how many people actively post in here - that gives new meaning to the word "minority".
    there are two t650 in in my household, one for me and the other for the wife. Wife is not a power user at all....her favorite app. is Tetris!!!. Anyhow, her last reset was on 1/22 when I was messing around with her treo
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast