Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I've had my unlocked GSM T650 with TMo for a whopping 4 days now and have not had a single hard or soft reset (wish my 600 worked this smoothly). I've read about all the reset problems others are having, so I decided to cautiously keep 3rd party app installation to a minimum and not to install more than 2 apps a day so I can hopefully isolate the culprit should a problem come up. That said, so far I only have SnapperMail Premium, MMPlayer, PTunes, KB Lights Off and eReader Pro installed on top of the pre-installed progs. I'll install the other apps in the next few days. So far, I'm loving my T650.
    I've had mine 2 months and just did my first reset (deliberate hard reset). I've been pretty tentative about adding software though.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by treomeo
    ... so I decided to cautiously keep 3rd party app installation to a minimum and not to install more than 2 apps a day so I can hopefully isolate the culprit should a problem come up. ...
    I would recommend a backup program, like BackupBuddy (www.bluenomad.com), as the new version saves a checkpoint every time you hotsync, so you can restore your device to any point at which you hotsynced. This is useful if your machine starts misbehaving and you have to do a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dster
    Agreed. I just looked at the sticky for the forum rules, and it says nothing about arbitrary changes because cranky mods were tired of a few useful words. I'm still on the fence, and was hoping to see a positive show of 650 owners who are problem free.
    ...or when moderators on PMS neeed to refill on tampons. Enforce the rules = big yes. Editing content = even bigger no. After all, they're only moderators, supposed to serve and protect the community (and not interfere in any other way whatsoever).

On a different note, my treo has been relatively trouble-free for a while -- maybe these things need to break in before they settle :-)

-mike
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    That's a curious point of view... a power user is defined as having a ton of third-party apps? What do you call someone who uses the installed apps constantly, every day? A casual user?
    Just my 2 cents, I'd call that heavy usage, not power usage. To me "power users" push out to the edge, or extend, a devices functionality. Its not quantity of hours using the device, but how far you push its capabilities.

But thats just me....

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    So you think its ok for a moderator to arbitrarily change the title of a thread, even changing its meaning because.... they "feel" like it?

I have never complained about the work that the moderators do here. I am hoping it was just mark having a bad day. Like the rest of us do..

If they think it leads to a more orderly, useful board, yes. To get this information for free is incredible, IMHO. Trying to keep it useful and as organized as possible it not easy. Change the title, delete the thread -- like I said, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't see the thread as essential.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234