1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having bad reception with the Motorola 820? Any recommendations for an over-the-ear BT headset with good comfort, reception & range? My 820 is very comfortable and worked crystal clear with my Moto V710 but I get a lot of static using it with the 650.
    Search for Scala 500, they say that it's the best...
    I just bought the 820 last night and have been using it today. Actually I don't have the static issues your experiencing. For me it's a decent headset.
    I have tried the 820 and the Jabra BT250. I took back my 820 because people said I was choppy when talking. I have a little more static in my ear around wifi areas on my BT250, but the volume is much better than the 820 and I don't sound choppy to others. From reading all the different threads, I have come to the conclusion that there are several good headsets. It seems that the difference for each may be where a person lives and what environment they are in. Many have said the BT250 is lousy, but for me it seems to work great when I'm in my truck or outside. Others said the 820 worked great, but for me, not enough volume and my voice was choppy. So, I think it simply depends on your own environment.

I am going to try to HBH660.
    I had the Motorola 820 and it was terrible. The volume was low and I got static all the time. My Scala doesnt do this, so I returned the Motorola 820 to the place of purchase.

If it helps I am always surrounded my computers everywhere... At home I have a wifi network feeding 4 computers and at work, we are surrounded as well with all sorts of equipment. I know that was what annoyed me about the 820, the interferance was too great. It worked perfect in my car though!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I had the 820. It died for some unknown reason. But it suffered from low volume. This is actually the Treo's fault. But my scala 500 is loud enough (without the mute trick).

I had excellent reception with my 820. My scala seems to have a lot worse reeption. But I've only tried it in the house. Where I have a wireless network. So I'm going to try it in the car tomorrow and reply back.
    I've heard lots of bad things about the HS820. It is not near as good as the HS850 and HS810.

I like my HS810. It worked well with all my bluetooth phones:Treo650, PPC6601, and V551. I especially like how easy I can turn it on or off by simply folding or unfolding the boom mic. Only the 810 and 850 have that feature.
    The volume on my 810 is HORRIBLE! Is Scala any better?
    Go Gators!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTechChik
    Is anyone else having bad reception with the Motorola 820? Any recommendations for an over-the-ear BT headset with good comfort, reception & range? My 820 is very comfortable and worked crystal clear with my Moto V710 but I get a lot of static using it with the 650.
    I bought the Moto 820 at the Cingular store (cuz I wanted to play) and it is great. No volume issues at all. I still need to read the book cuz I just picked it up and paired it and it has seem to be working great. No lost any calls and clear sound within about 6 feet. The 30 feet is major exaggeration. Comfortable but, I have never used one before so I am a newbie.

I work in heavy Wifi area and cordless phone area. Only had 5 days.