1.    #1  
    I installed the freely available DUN hack for the 650 but have since heard about the PdaNet solution as well. Has anyone tried both? Is one more stable than the other? I don't mind paying for software if it's going to reduce the potential problems I'll run into. I've read that the free hack can be a little flakey at times.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    WirelessModem I also have the DUN hack installed. I have no problems at all. Just a warning to you, PDAnet charges for upgrades (i.e. going from T600 to T650). Wireless modem upgrades you for free.
  3.    #3  
    I hadn't even seen that one. I'm just using the "Bluetooth Manager" replacement that I found here on TreoCentral.

Aside from charging for upgrades, is there a discernable difference in stability and usability in these three options?

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    WirelessModem I also have the DUN hack installed. I have no problems at all. Just a warning to you, PDAnet charges for upgrades (i.e. going from T600 to T650). Wireless modem upgrades you for free.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Does Wireless Modem support BT? The site doesn't mention that point specifically, and the screen shot on the site shows the menu with the IR option and a hidden drop down list, but again, no sign of BT...
    Vince
    Weren't we supposed to get a patch from Sprint that made all this work? Anyone heard anymore on this?
    There has been no hint anywhere of Sprint making a patch for BT DUN .. you heard wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    There has been no hint anywhere of Sprint making a patch for BT DUN .. you heard wrong.
    No hint anywhere?

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/481-1.htm

While the Treo 650 ships without Bluetooth DUN support as previously reported, Sprint PCS has now announced its commitment to enable this feature in an upcoming firmware upgrade.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTechChik
    I hadn't even seen that one. I'm just using the "Bluetooth Manager" replacement that I found here on TreoCentral.

Aside from charging for upgrades, is there a discernable difference in stability and usability in these three options?
    I have read a few stabilty issues with PDANet, not sure though, I would do a search for this.

WirelessModem has been rock soild for me on my T650. On the 600, ehhh, not so much.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    Does Wireless Modem support BT? The site doesn't mention that point specifically, and the screen shot on the site shows the menu with the IR option and a hidden drop down list, but again, no sign of BT...
    Vince
    Yes it does. This is how I have it setup:
    PDA Modem Port: Bluetooth
    Laptop Connected via: Cradle Port

I would say download it and give it a try. I am sure you will like it.
    NRG:

Have you tried to get WModem to work on your T650 in tethered mode on your Mac? I have gotten BT DUN working with the patch using the Mac Network connections. I am unable to get WModem to see my T650 in tethered mode using the factory USB cable, no matter what port I choose in WModem on the T650.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    NRG:

Have you tried to get WModem to work on your T650 in tethered mode on your Mac? I have gotten BT DUN working with the patch using the Mac Network connections. I am unable to get WModem to see my T650 in tethered mode using the factory USB cable, no matter what port I choose in WModem on the T650.
    Unfortunatly I am PC bound, It should work in tethered mode though. One thing that always got me was, make sure all your baud rates are the same for your setup.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    NRG, does Wireless Modem support EDGE speed? I'm about ready to give it a shot...
    Vince
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    so this wireless modem basically unlocks the DUN on my cingular 650? As well as allowing me to use this program with bluetooth? Any hope for the wifi? This sounds nice for 38 bucks.

Rock solid as well, that is sweet. No issues are good issues.

Please advise on a hot purchase or a dead purchase for wireless modem.