1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just placed order of an unlocked 650 via P1.. I never use bluetooth before..here's my questions:

1) If I use the bluetooth DUN and use the 650 as a wireless modem, do I need to subscribe any data plan from my provider (rogers)? Or it'll just use my airtime on a normal call without a need to data plan?

2) I don't understand why ppl will want wireless DUN to connect to their ISP than just using the 650 to connect directly? Mainly because they use the application in their notebook to connect to internet?

3) If a data plan is needed from wireless provider, will it need an unlimit bandwidth one but it's so expensive, is it?

4) Can I use the 650 to connect to WinXP via bluetooth or infra red for internet via the desktop internet line but not wireless provider line?

5) Can I use a Wifi card to connect to wireless router and use internet on my 650?

Thanx for anyone who can answer me.

Sonson
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Hi,

I just placed order of an unlocked 650 via P1.. I never use bluetooth before..here's my questions:

1) If I use the bluetooth DUN and use the 650 as a wireless modem, do I need to subscribe any data plan from my provider (rogers)? Or it'll just use my airtime on a normal call without a need to data plan?

2) I don't understand why ppl will want wireless DUN to connect to their ISP than just using the 650 to connect directly? Mainly because they use the application in their notebook to connect to internet?

3) If a data plan is needed from wireless provider, will it need an unlimit bandwidth one but it's so expensive, is it?

4) Can I use the 650 to connect to WinXP via bluetooth or infra red for internet via the desktop internet line but not wireless provider line?

5) Can I use a Wifi card to connect to wireless router and use internet on my 650?

Thanx for anyone who can answer me.

Sonson

Read closely...The search command is my friend, the search command is my friend...These questions have been answered MANY times over, so just do a search (AND read the sticky about DUN being enabled)
  3.    #3  
    Okay...after some search and read, here's my brief understanding..but still got a bit confusing....

Here's my summary:

- One can use reverse DUN on BT to use internet on 650 via home broadband.

- If you set up the 650 as a wireless modem via BT DUN, I don't need to subscribe any data plan from my wireless provider.

- When using 650 as wireless modem for internet, I only pay with my airtime in my voice plan, and there's no concern about any bandwidth usage..but just airtime only.

- So when I travel overseas and get a prepaid SIM card on the unlocked 650, to use BT DUN for internet, I'll still just use the airtime on the voice plan..

- Wifi on SDIO card will work as there'll be a working driver release or hack..then 650 can use wifi to surf internet via home wireless router.

Please clarify if I'm right or not..

thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Okay...after some search and read, here's my brief understanding..but still got a bit confusing....

Here's my summary:

- If you set up the 650 as a wireless modem via BT DUN, I don't need to subscribe any data plan from my wireless provider.
    DUN or reverse DUN for this question? With DUN (using Treo to surf internet wirelessly away from home over cellular) you MUST have a data plan...You aren't doing old fashion dial up with your own phone number, but rather 'dialing up' via the cellular network. It looks just like Treo data to the cell provider, so you must have a data plan!