Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone -

I own both Classic and iVolution cases from Vaja, and just received my newly-released Sena case for my 650 this afternoon.

Now that I have all three, I have to say that for me Sena is the best of the bunch. Vaja cases are usually great, but I wasn't thrilled with the fit of the Classic. The strip separating the screen from the keyboard sits too low, and partially obscures the menu and home screen keys. Plus there is no cutout for the camera, which I've found I use more than I thought I would. Maybe I just got a dud from Vaja? The Sena case, however, fits perfectly and has that cutout for the camera, which I greatly appreciate. (The iVolution was a Xmas gift - I perfer to have a leather flap protect the screen rather than a clear protector strip.)

Personally, I think a good case can make a great phone even better - and I think Sena did a bang-up job. Just wanted to pass that on to you good folks who might be interested

Cheers!
    LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Do you have a pic(s) of the Sena case? URL?
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    I willing to bet that the vaja case is the version for the treo 600. That would explain why the camera hole is not a correct fit. Also maybe why the home and menu keyr are partly covered. Send it back & get right one one
    Wow! Have you almost spent more on cases than on the phone itself?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey mutant, which Sena case did you get?
    If you got the MagnetFlipper how much room is there in the pocket for cards/cash?
    Thanks
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Wow! Have you almost spent more on cases than on the phone itself?!
    Hi!

Here's a link to the Sena 650 Page:

http://www.senacases.com/catalog/Pal...p-1-c-320.html

My Vaja "Classic" is definately a 650 case. I gave my wife my old 600 when I got my new Treo, and the fit of my case to her phone isn't even close. It's almost there on the 650, and will fit when I jam the case down from the top. The problem is that it's so tight on the bottom, it squeezes the Treo up like toothpaste and then it's off by about 1/4 of an inch. I think the Vaja would eventually "break in" and fit a little better - but something is just slightly off. I might try to return it anyway - but I've had it a couple of weeks and might not be able to...

Also, the Vaja "Classic" cases for the 650 don't have a hole for the camera - rather, they have some steel mesh for the speaker. That said, it didn't bother me initially, but I found myself pulling the phone out to take pictures more than a few times, and that was a pain in the neck.

And gfunk - I did spend an awful lot on cases for the Treo, but finding the best case was worth it. Hopefully this little mini-review will save some other folks the trouble - though Vaja does do great work ordinarily...

Cheers!
    LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Hey mutant, which Sena case did you get?
    If you got the MagnetFlipper how much room is there in the pocket for cards/cash?
    Thanks
    Hi!

Yes, I did get the magnet flipper in a blue/black combo. There is room for 2 SD cards, and maybe one credit card or driver's license. I just leave all those pockets alone, personally...

Cheers!
    LZ
    Mine supposedly shipped Friday.
    Hoping to see it early this week.
    Glad to hear that it looks and acts like we were hoping
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant
    Hi everyone -

Plus there is no cutout for the camera, which I've found I use more than I thought I would. Maybe I just got a dud from Vaja?

Willing to sell the dud? It's exactly what I was looking for. I like the ability to hide/protect the camera as I use it very little.

Lemme know!

TheMooch
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Willing to sell the dud? It's exactly what I was looking for. I like the ability to hide/protect the camera as I use it very little.

Lemme know!

TheMooch
    Sure - but it's got that tighy fit...PM me and we can talk about it.

Thanks!
    LZ
    Mine shipped yesterday as well... ANd I'm waiting patiently! I am tired of the formfit case covering my screen!!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Can anyone who has the leather skin case post a couple of picks please??
    Shoot I'd even like to see pics of the magnet flipper case too.

Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Mine shipped on Saturday...2-3 day priority mail so I was expecting it on Tuesday and was very surprised to have it arrive today. My initial impressions are that it is very well done and fits perfectly. Every cut out and hole lines up exactly. I got the black magnetic flip down.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I got mine in the mail today. Fits very well with just a little pucker around the cut out for the volume control. Feels good and seems to be of good quality.
    I not quite sure what to think as of now. Quality seems top notch, but the flipper cover might make it a bit too bulky (adds ~.25" at the top), along with the snap on the backside. I'm a pocket carrier, so being as slim as possible is a concern. Maybe I just need to accept the added bulk for protection.
    Last edited by Miggy; 02/07/2005 at 03:06 PM.
    I received mine today and I've never been happier. I too was an iVolution user and IMHO this one blows it away!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Gators!
    More photos of my new best friend
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Gators!
    kcgator
    Thanks!
    That case looks BEE-U-TI-FUL!! That is the color I ordered. And yippee, a cut-out for the headphones!

Hope mine comes in today
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    It's really cool to have to flip enclosure face down by your chin instead of up by your face. The magnetic snaps are really cool too!
    Go Gators!
    Okay I am jealous of the brown... Someone hurry up and post a pic of the black case! LOL

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast