Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Another advantage for the Sena flip case that I have just found.

The front flap is stiff enough and sits over the front of the 650 in such a way that even with 2 SD cards in (and the SD cards sit over the keyboard with the Sena case not the screen) the buttons cannot be pushed.

This has allowed me to turn off Keygaurd! I hated having to hit the center button after power up before I could do anything, yet it was a necessary evil I thought. Now with the flip over the keys I have been able to turn KG off and am loving it!
    So if you are going to wear the phone with a clip would you recommend the flip or leather skin?

m
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    This vendor also sells on Ebay. Exact same case, $18.99. Seller is very responsive and prompt; should have my case next week. Here's one of the listings:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...750090224&rd=1
    I bought mine from him. ive had it a month now. Perfect case. Just like the slip case from the treo 600. Fits very close to your body. very nice fit, the treo is loose enough to slide out with 1 hand. but also tight enough to not slide around when you shake the case.

Uniquemobile2 on ebay is a very fast shipper. I got my case in 4 days after payment. From canada to michigan. thats seems very fast.
    Hey all:

The Sena case is bee-u-tiful. The fit is perfect. The leather-work is first rate. But the clip holds the phone too far out from my hip and I can't stand that! I generally wear scrubs so that the thing is floating out in mid-air bumping into walls and desks and such. I also got one of the just released Seido leather vertical flap case and returned it do to a low quality clip and the resulting freely spinning case.

Anyway, I have one of the light brown Sena flipper magnet cases for the 650 which I got at the preorder discount price. I am willing to sell it to someone at cost plus shipping ( am at work right now, don't remember what that value was)

So, if anyone is interested, what have I settle on? The Nutshell case with partial e-grips-on the upper back and sides only. It still slides in and out of the case easily ( it wouldn't with the egrip on the batter cover), the egrips on the side give the phone a nice feel, and the nutshell case has a FANTASTIC clip that hold the phone in VERY close to the side and it grip scrubs very tightly. At long last, my case search is over...... (palm one leather case-->covertec horizontal case-->Sena magnet flipper-->Seido leather vertical case-->nutshell case)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Anyone have issues yet with the unprotected bottom corners of the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    One of my MAIN concerns, as I've already dropped a treo and it fell from waist height (5'6 1/2 inches is my height BTW), when I looked at it... the corners had big chunks missing with jagged edges. Of course I returned the phone asap next day and got a new one . But yes this is one of my main concerns, because after the initial trial period.. you're basically on your own if you have no insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol

I've had the case for a bit now and my only concern is with the corner for the stylus. the other corners appear protected enough from the surrounding leather that it would be difficult to do damage. The stylus corner, however is pretty wide-open and unprotected. I may try and create an "e-grips-like" bit of protection on that corner of the phone.
    I love my Sena leatherskin case. Only one question: does anyone know of a way to make the surface a little tackier? It's still just a little slippery. Wondering if there's something I could spray on?
    you could try a very mild adhesive. spray ons are usually organic based and used when screen printing on fabric. I think it would be leather safe, but im not 100% on that. Any other comments on the leatherskin case? Im leaning towards it right now. Going naked is getting risky
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Hey all:

The Sena case is bee-u-tiful. The fit is perfect. The leather-work is first rate. But the clip holds the phone too far out from my hip and I can't stand that! I generally wear scrubs so that the thing is floating out in mid-air bumping into walls and desks and such. I also got one of the just released Seido leather vertical flap case and returned it do to a low quality clip and the resulting freely spinning case.

Anyway, I have one of the light brown Sena flipper magnet cases for the 650 which I got at the preorder discount price. I am willing to sell it to someone at cost plus shipping ( am at work right now, don't remember what that value was)

So, if anyone is interested, what have I settle on? The Nutshell case with partial e-grips-on the upper back and sides only. It still slides in and out of the case easily ( it wouldn't with the egrip on the batter cover), the egrips on the side give the phone a nice feel, and the nutshell case has a FANTASTIC clip that hold the phone in VERY close to the side and it grip scrubs very tightly. At long last, my case search is over...... (palm one leather case-->covertec horizontal case-->Sena magnet flipper-->Seido leather vertical case-->nutshell case)
    I have the exact same set up except opted for the belt loop - fantastic quality case, easy access and no bulk to deal with when actually using the favorite toy!
    Last edited by treo2die4; 03/05/2005 at 07:44 PM.
    Please read the review on TC and close this thread.
    This ain't no fantastic case!!
    Can someone please post a good photo of the inside flap of the the sena case - there doesn't seem to be any around? I'd like to know if I can fit my credit cards in there and some cash so I can avoid carrying around another wallet. I don't carry SD cards so what I did with my Piel Frama was unstitch the SD cards for another slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidG
    That's a strange thing to say. Why would you prefer the reviewer's opinion over to the many people over this thread ? I really like my sena case and do not agree with the reviewer.

Same here, could not disagree with the reveiwer more. The sena case is not "perfect" but here are some quick points regarding the review:

*Bottom flap is not in the way when talking, indeed, for me it makes holding the phone for and extended time easier. no need to fold the flap all the way back.

*top flap cases much more annoying and silly looking. on some you can bend them back, but that makes the phone harder to hold, not easier, and is one more thing you have to mess with. With the sena case, the bottom flap hangs nicely out of the way if you do nothing and, if your bottom finger or two wraps around the "hinge" of the flap the way mine do, it really makes the 650 easier to handle.

*All the top flap cases I have seen (including the pf case that TC sells) have the SD cards over the screen where they could scratch, the sena case has them over the keyboard.

*with the sena case you can use the camera without taking it out of the case, not so with the top flaps.

*true you have to open the flap to use the phone, but even with the top-flap cases with cutouts you have to do that, in realitly, to either initiate a call or answer most calls on the phone. Yes you could open the flap, answer/place the call, then close the flap to talk, but who does that? with how most people have it set up (keyguard, caller id, and so forth), this is not a big advantage to the top flaps with cut-outs for speaker and mic.

*Expensive? a lot cheaper than the PF case that TC sells.
    Last edited by midmofan; 03/01/2005 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wskteo
    Can someone please post a good photo of the inside flap of the the sena case - there doesn't seem to be any around? I'd like to know if I can fit my credit cards in there and some cash so I can avoid carrying around another wallet. I don't carry SD cards so what I did with my Piel Frama was unstitch the SD cards for another slot.

Photos won't do you much good. Credit cards will not fit into the sena flip case flap slot. You can fold a bill or two and put in in the slot but thats about it. The problem is that credit cards are a bit too wide, they just dont fit. It is even too snug to fit in business cards that you would actually pull out and use. I did squeeze one of my business cards as kind identification if the thing is lost, but it was a tight fit. SD card slots work great if you need them. I keep the free card I got from P1 with a back-up loaded on it in one slot and the plastic "dummy" card that came with the 650 in the other one.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I agree that this was a very strange review and just plain wrong in many areas.

The case isn't nearly as annoying as it would be if it was a flip up instead of a flip down.

I like that the case doesn't cover the camera

The flip down doesn't get in the way AT ALL when using the phone.

There may not be holes for the speaker and mic, but you CAN use it with the flap closed and still hear AND be heard clearly.

And the most puzzling is that the reviewer claims bending it back is like breaking the spine of the book and can never meet the magnets again. I always bend mine back and it wore down perfectly where it easily bends back now to completly sit on itself when open and and meets the magnets as well as it always did when closed.

Expensive? This cost me $35 where many others cost 3-4x that amount

A strange review and I couldn't disagree more with the average review.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven
    I agree that this was a very strange review and just plain wrong in many areas.
    I'm too lazy to really look into this myself, but how to the reviews of theproducts TC sells or has advertising for, compare to the reviews of the products that are not sold by TC?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    I'm too lazy to really look into this myself, but how to the reviews of theproducts TC sells or has advertising for, compare to the reviews of the products that are not sold by TC?

Always a concern. That is why I value the many opinions in threads like this rather than the one opinion of a reviewer on a media outlet with vested interests.

Anyone find the best place to purchase Sena cases from? or is their website the only location.
    I just received my sena brown leather case without the flip. My initial opinion is that the case doesnt feel like real leather...feels more like flea market leather. (no offense intended to those who like that). For 44 bucks, it should be a little thicker material and not so "pletha" feeling. Also it doesnt appear that it would protect my treo in case of a drop, as much as the treo case that came with my purchase of the phone.
    However.... on the good side. It really has no bulk to it so it keeps the thin lines of the 650 in tact. I love having the keyboard and screen open, as i find when they are covered access is a bit awkward, especially using the stylus in the corners of the screen.
    So...in conclusion, IMO this is...
    great as a belt clip case,
    provides great access to unit,
    material feels a bit cheap, brown color is not as rich as I thought it would be (better off IMO going with the black),
    strong clip apparatus,
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc
    (better off IMO going with the black),
    The black red combo looks really good. I have not been able to take a photo that realy does it justice as the pics always seem to show the red much brighter than it really is. The pics on the senacases site that show the red being dark are pretty close, but it looks even better than that imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Hey all:

Still have the Sena case if anyone want to buy it at my cost (the preorder sales price)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast