Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I also finally heard from "Frank" today by email. He didn't offer to ship the new one or send the return package for the incorrect case so I'll follow up.

Update: Frank send the new leatherskin case and a return label for the incorrect case....So I can report that I'm pleased with both Sena cases- magnet flip and leather skin-- and their customer service.

JC
    Last edited by jccomo; 02/15/2005 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donzg
    I just received my black flip case today and I really like the quality of their cases. However I have decided to order the leatherskin case as well so that I can decide on which one I want. I wanted to protect my baby that's why I opted for the cover but notice that it seems to get in the way when I'm charging, syncing, and talking on the phone. I'll give it a couple of days to decide since they give you a 30 day return policy.
    Folks, I'm working on the review for the Sena cases and I also noticed that the flap was getting in the way while I talked or charged. I was wondering who else was having this problem and what solutions people have found.

Also note that for those of you looking for a clipless flip case, the F650 is worth seriously considering. The phone can be used with the flip lid closed or bent around the back of the unit. You'll note in my review that the clip mechnism broke off, so probably not the best choice for a clip case. http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/520-1.htm (just note that the cross strap rides 1mm too low and this gets in the way of the 5 way for some people) -- it doesn't bother me though. For now, it's still my everyday case.

So let me know about your Sena flip problems or solutions.
    Last edited by mausalot; 02/12/2005 at 05:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I flip the case all the way around so the treo is laying on top of it face up when charging or synching. Talking on the phone doesn't bother me either because it seems like a flip phone and I guess I'm just used to it. It is better than the flip sitting on your head. It also isn't an issue if you use a headseat or speakerphone (which works even with the flip closed.)

Michael
    OK. This case looks nice (the leatherskin one), but I don't see how it is much different from the cheap Palm 650 form fitting case. It seems to have the same areas exposed, if not more, since the Palm case covers/protects the camera lens when snapped closed too. I actually still am using my old 600 form fit case that I modified to cut off the belt clip thing and the snap and replaced both with velcro so it is even thinner and the flap stays down if I want to use the camera. I had to cut out the bottom a bit to make more room for the new connection but otherwise I like it. I have a screen guard so I cut out the plastic over the screen and left it over the keys, which keeps them cleaner (and it is very easy still to type). And all of this without being much of a handy guy. I'm thinking about getting the 650 form fit case and modifying it if I can find another friend with a dremel (the one I borrowed it from before has moved).
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Check out this case for the Treo 650. It is leather and looks fantastic. The link is :
    http://www.gizmoskin.com/treo600.htm
    Anyone seen this before ?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Kewl find ehosey! As soon as I saw your post I ordered the case. I have been looking everywhere for a case and that looks like a perfect cross of a small pouch (for protection) and a holster.
    Thanks for sharing the link.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Hey, your welcome. I am ordering it also.
    This vendor also sells on Ebay. Exact same case, $18.99. Seller is very responsive and prompt; should have my case next week. Here's one of the listings:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...750090224&rd=1
    I just got my back one and it's pretty nice. I am finding that I am hanging the phone upside down because I keep hitting the flip with my arm and it opens up... not too nice looking as you walk around with this flip hanging sidways and don't even know it!

The other thing; although the ratching thing works fine, the star shape is not to my liking much. Plus the belt clip pokes into my side (since I'm not too thin in that area ). The best belt clip I have ever had was from EBCases. They have this thin one which is sweet.

Other than the two things above, I love this case. I would buy again.
    I received my Sena case (magnetic flap w/belt clip) a few days ago. It compares favorably to the Vaja and Piel Frama PDA cases I've owned in the past. Build quality is excellent; cut-outs all line up. Sena uses a thinner (still high quality) leather than Vaja or P.F., which I find myself liking, as it minimizes bulkiness.

I've always preferred magnetic flaps over button flaps. I also hang the phone upside down on the belt clip to prevent the flap from falling open. The magnets work fine, but brushing the case against something can release the flap to, um, flap. And who cares if your clipped phone is upside down?

I agree with others about a downward flap being less annoying for a Treo than a standard upward flap. Great design choice on Sena's part.

Only suggestion I have for Sena is to take a page from Krusell and offer sturdier (=metal) belt clip options. I'm a happy camper otherwise.
    Got my Red/Black flip case w/o belt clip yesterday and am very pleased. the colors were much nicer than I had expected, the red being very dark and looking great with the black.

Fit was perfect. Especially impressed with the cutouts for the mic and led. Only concern is that the one corner where the stylus cut out is is very unprotected in a drop. The flap down not only does not bother me, it makes it easier to hold the phone for any period of time as my bottom finger or two wind up holding on to the flap. Overall, I think this was the best value for a case of this type. Many times I prefer a horizontal holster case, but many times wearing one of those would not work for me so this is a great alternative.
    Just ordered the red/black flip. Will let you know. Maybe upload pics if anyone is interested. (I dropped my 650 today and it lit a fire under my arse to get a well protective case)
    I just received the Tan Sena Flip case for the 650 with the clip on back.

Pro:
    Excellent Fit
    Quality Construction
    Solid ratchet clip
    Flap doesn't bother me in use.
    I usually use a Bluetooth headset so the flap is a non issue for me

Con:
    Magnets aren't strong enough. Flip frequently opens while attached to belt.
    The side leather, because it is so thin, doesn't look like much protection
    The top stylus corner also has no protection

Summary...Looks great, protects screen, helps with grip but probably won't help much on a drop; but I doubt any of the thin easily accessable cases will either. I'm happy, I'm keeping it!
    Did someone say they bought the sena case on sale? Did the sale go away? People who have tried the magnetic cover and leather skin which do you like better?

Anyone still have one for sale?
    Pics anyone?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijiman
    Did someone say they bought the sena case on sale? Did the sale go away? People who have tried the magnetic cover and leather skin which do you like better?

Anyone still have one for sale?

M,

There had been a sale for pre-orders before Sena started shipping their new case for the Treo 650s. I assume it's over...check their website.

I have both cases. The Magnet flip case provides a lot more protection but as noted here is bulkier. I use it for carrying around in a briefcase, etc. And I don't have a clip since I use a bluetooth headset. I don't find the flip gets in the way if I have to make a quick call without the headset.

I use the leather skin with a clip if I want to put the Treo on my belt and walk around with it more accessible.

Hope that helps..

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by csunracer
    Pics anyone?
    posts 16 and 17 in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    M,
    I have both cases. The Magnet flip case provides a lot more protection but as noted here is bulkier. I use it for carrying around in a briefcase, etc. And I don't have a clip since I use a bluetooth headset. I don't find the flip gets in the way if I have to make a quick call without the headset.
    So is it TOO bulky for the pocket?

Are people going to be saying "Is that a Treo with a Sena Flip Case in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

But seriously, I am trying to decide betweena Vaja regular iVolution case or the Sena Flip case.....

Also, if anyone has pics of the Blue/Black Sena flip case, could you please post?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    So is it TOO bulky for the pocket?

Are people going to be saying "Is that a Treo with a Sena Flip Case in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

But seriously, I am trying to decide betweena Vaja regular iVolution case or the Sena Flip case.....

Also, if anyone has pics of the Blue/Black Sena flip case, could you please post?
    That's probably what I would say..........I'll let the guys comment about whether too bulky for your pocket-- (it would be for me-- but I have small pockets) see above http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...54951#poststop

Haven't see the Vaja case so can't compare.

I posted a picture of the red/black case above. http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...54011#poststop And I have the blue leatherskein. The Blue/black would be a nice combination.
    JC
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I actually have both cases. I stick with the leather skin the most. It feels better in my front pocket and feels perfect when using it as a phone. I gave my flip seneca case to my wife as she always throws hers inside her purse.

I tried the flip seneca for a day or so and it wasnt for me. The blue leather skin seneca is really nice. Makes the phone stand out
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast