Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally stores are selling the phone but at a very limited stock, there were two options for me:

a) HK$5,100 (US$654) get it NOW, and
    b) HK$4,825 (US$619) get it on 15th Feb

Sure you know my decision

I do have a dummy question (I have RTF Getting Started Guide), how to turn off the phone? Press and hold the end call button will stop the phone network but will NOT shutdown the phone completely
    What it means is it will shut off the radio to the phone. In otherwords it will log your phone off of your carriers network. The Treo will still allow you to still run all the PDA stuff, you just won't be able to make/recieve calls or use GPRS/EDGE data stuff.
    Being that the phone is also a PDA, it never completely shuts down. Basically because Pda's consume so little power they are generally always on, to better keep track of appointments, alarms and such. But to minimize the power consumed by the PDA functionality, you simply press the last hard button, which shuts off the screen, ergo, giving the illusion, that the device itself is turned off completely.
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Hey Kenny, just press the power/end call button once to "turn off" the Treo. Also, please remember to send shadowmite a copy of the files on your unlocked Treo so he can hopefully figure out how to unlock all of ours!
    use filez to browse the files in treo 650 Kenny!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    looks like the 15th is the official sale date all over asia ... here in thailand they say around 16th 17th in stock ... may be they're building up stocks before?!
    Kenny,

I'll probably be in Hong Kong for a few hours next week. Which stores are most likely to have stock?

Regards
    Peter
    just bought mine today, just heard that a small shop in wanchai sold almost 100 units till today.
    The 650's are all over HK and they are hardly selling. There seems to be plenty of stock.
    hi bong - good to see you're back. so twohand says: big sales, and bongmaster says: no sales?!
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    hi bong - good to see you're back. so twohand says: big sales, and bongmaster says: no sales?!
    and here we are in the states, waiting for it!!!!!
    irony!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Beel
    Ask any dealer in Hk about any product and they will tell you that its almost sold out and the one in your hand is their last unit.

I had at least 4 different dealers contact me on Saturday offering me their "LAST" unit of the 650. I walked by their stores later in the day to see loads of 650s sitting on their shelves. I live in TST so maybe Treo's are really hot in Wanchai

Palm is on its way out in HK. PPC devices are more popular here especially the O2 and the o2 mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenysc
    Finally stores are selling the phone but at a very limited stock, there were two options for me:

a) HK$5,100 (US$654) get it NOW, and
    b) HK$4,825 (US$619) get it on 15th Feb

Sure you know my decision

I do have a dummy question (I have RTF Getting Started Guide), how to turn off the phone? Press and hold the end call button will stop the phone network but will NOT shutdown the phone completely
    Which shops are selling the Treo 650 for $5100 today and $4825 on the 15th Feb?

I checked out Broadway, Fortress, Citicall, Smartone and One2free today and all of them are selling them for $5480.

Can you tell me which shops are selling them cheaper so that I can go there and buy one.
    Have any of you guys had any problems with the Treo 650? I am hearing about the reset and hangup problems with the Treo 650.

Anyone here had these problems? Just wondering if the stock in Hong Kong is also affected by the reset and hangup problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manoj
    Have any of you guys had any problems with the Treo 650? I am hearing about the reset and hangup problems with the Treo 650.

Anyone here had these problems? Just wondering if the stock in Hong Kong is also affected by the reset and hangup problems.
    In Hong Kong, there should have HK$200 discount (off from HK$5,480) if purchase before 8 March.

Big sales in computer shopping centre (Wanchai etc) and no sales in consumer electronics chain stores (Broadway, Fortress) and mobile operator shops (Smartone, One2free...)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenlau2k
    In Hong Kong, there should have HK$200 discount (off from HK$5,480) if purchase before 8 March.

Big sales in computer shopping centre (Wanchai etc) and no sales in consumer electronics chain stores (Broadway, Fortress) and mobile operator shops (Smartone, One2free...)

So how do we get the $200 discount? Is it an aftersales rebate or do we just pay $5280 for the Treo 650 if we buy before 8th March 2005?

Broadway was quoting me $5480 today. How do I ask them about the $200 discount? Do I need a coupon or something?

I was wondering about the $4800 price on the 15th Feb 2005. Which shop will be selling at that price?

cf 600, 650 has more resets - which I believe coming from 3rd party applications compatiblity problems.
    I install 3rd party apps carefully and so far it's still acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    Beel
    Ask any dealer in Hk about any product and they will tell you that its almost sold out and the one in your hand is their last unit.

I had at least 4 different dealers contact me on Saturday offering me their "LAST" unit of the 650. I walked by their stores later in the day to see loads of 650s sitting on their shelves. I live in TST so maybe Treo's are really hot in Wanchai

Palm is on its way out in HK. PPC devices are more popular here especially the O2 and the o2 mini.
    I've been playing w/ my new toy for nearly a week now and I must say I'm pretty satisfied with it! The camera's excellent for indoor shots (definitely better quality than the O2 mini's 1.3 megapixel cam; the screen's a marvel; the os stable overall (a few resets when I had to re-install some 3rd party or the palm desktop software, but nothing serious!); the interface is extremely friendly; the battery strength is great (used camera for over a dozen times and on for 4-5 hrs, still battery shows 97%!!); loaded ckjos without a hitch; the design looks super attractive; the feel is even better than the 600; the bluetooth hotsync is flawless with my Apple OS X!! Man, having upgraded from the 600, I'm learning to fully appreciate the overall superb enhancements of the 650! I think P1 has done a terrific job this time, albeit bit late and facing some stiff competition from ppc 2-in-ones!

Yeah, everyone's feaking over the O2 mini but it's only for the PPC / Windows camp users. If only ppc users could compare the O2 w/ the t650, they would find that while the mini may look great for its size (it's a shade less bulky than the 650 but only because it does not have a keyboard!), the functionalities and features of the 650 is a shade better than the mini. Dealers are reporting that some customers or even staff are turning towards the 650 once they tried both smartphones. Besides, the fluidity and consumer friendliness of the palm os is STILL overall better than the ppc!

So, the palm os / treo 650 is becoming the Apple of the smartphone world (the minority), while the ppc remains the "Windows / Bill Gates" dominated = maniputed os for the majority of smartphone users....... it's YOUR CHOICE!

As an avid user of the palm os and treos, I sincerely wish P1 better success in catching up lost ground this time around!

Manoj

I am in HK and have had reset problems and the 911 icon problem.

Whats the big deal about the $200 discount?? It would probably cost you more in time and effort to line up outside P1 offices for the rebate.

Are you Indian?

Yes, I am an Indian.

You have been having reset problems alot? What is this 911 icon?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast