1.    #1  
    Seems like every call I make I have to raise the call volume up as it drops down a couple bars often. Any way to make it permenent?
    OK, I'll bite....

Have you increased the volume with the rocker switch, and then pressed the button below the rocker switch to make the volume change permanent?
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Actually, richard is talking about the call volume when you are actually on a call. I think you are talking about the ringer volume, which you adjust with the same rocker switch when you are not on the call. Pressing the button below the rocker switch locks the ringer volume, but doesn't seem to do the same for me when I adjust the call volume during a call...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I'm sure Rob is right, because I have the same exact problem.
    same problem here (in Hong Kong), poor reception quality, especially in nosiy environment, sounds like 600 is much much better in this area!
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Cluemeister is correct. If you use the rocker switch on the side to increase the volume and then press the side key (while the volume bars are still displayed) the volume setting will be permanent...at least until the next reset.

The key thing, however, is that this must be done while on a call. So do it while listening to voicemail. Then you'll be set. If it's done when you're NOT on a call, then you're only adjusting the ringer volume.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I found the best way to increase my call volume is to use my Treo600
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    The actual call volume does not keep the volume set. If you look while in a call, there is not the option of pressing button to set the volume like there is when setting the ringer volume. It does work on the ringer volume, but not on the CALL volume. I have tried it every way I can think of but nothing has worked.
    I have the same problem. BUMMER!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    The actual call volume does not keep the volume set. If you look while in a call, there is not the option of pressing button to set the volume like there is when setting the ringer volume. It does work on the ringer volume, but not on the CALL volume. I have tried it every way I can think of but nothing has worked.
    It works for me. If I call voicemail, adjust volume, click on side key the setting sticks until I reset treo.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Just tried it...Called voicemail, turned volume all the way up, hit side button, and it works!!!!

Thanks
    Not for me. It simply remembers the then current volume level from last time I hang up. After you "set" the volume with the sidekey, dial your voicemail again, then turn volume down to e.g. one bar but DON'T hit the side key. When the volume popup disappears, hang up and dial VM again, hit the volume keys...for me it will still be at the low setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    OK, I'll bite....

Have you increased the volume with the rocker switch, and then pressed the button below the rocker switch to make the volume change permanent?
    Lol, I'm glad you bit, cuz I was having the same issue.

Thanks for the nibble~
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    It works for me. If I call voicemail, adjust volume, click on side key the setting sticks until I reset treo.

Must be me... I tried it exactly as you described. On my next call, the volume was back down to around the middle area. (No reset or anything)
    Do you have an app installed that is controlled by the side button? Perhaps it's interfering with the normal functioning of the button.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Do you have an app installed that is controlled by the side button? Perhaps it's interfering with the normal functioning of the button.

I have VoiceDial associated with the side button.
    So do I, but it only activates when pressing and holding.
    That is how mine works as well. It will activate if I am using my wired headset and press the button on it. In fact, the wired headset will wake up the Treo. But, I still don't understand why others can get the volume to stay set and mine won't.. Must be me.
    Nope, not just you. Doesn't stick for me either....