Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 295
  1. #141  
    I ordered mine 2/07/05, and I'm in Toronto. PIN #BKM50048xx still no info...

    Cheap Puralotor...
  2. #142  
    I got it now from purolator no extre charge for now
  3. #143  
    Just received mine and also NO EXTRA CHARGES!! Yipee.
  4. #144  
    Good for you

    What you tracking #?
  5. #145  
    where is mine...still no tracking info....
    was excited since October with the announcement of the 650 then waited for the release in January only to be delayed till February and now over 2 weeks wait for the delivery...
    not happy

    but needless to say..i will be dam pleased when it finally arrives...

    I love this device and the possibilities....can't wait to finally be part of the Treo family
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Good for you...let us know when you actually receive it..and see if there's brokerage fee and double tax on it or not.
    What's this double tax crap? I'll return it if I get charged double tax! I challenge the charge with AMEX, REFUSE TO PAY ANYONE and live without this friggin phone if ANYONE tries to charge me double tax. That's TOTAL BS!

    EDIT: removed more childish part of long pointless rant. I'm just upset that I still don't have a phone (it's tuesday) and that my order has been screwed up in pretty much every way possible. Double tax will likely push me over the edge.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcmullin
    Just received mine and also NO EXTRA CHARGES!! Yipee.
    Just for clarification did you Pay taxes to P1 (ie your order was for $689 with tax when you ordered) or were you someone where you placed an order by telephone and the order taker guy missed charging you taxes and you just paid $599? If the later are you saying NO tax was applied at the border by customs, or you were just charged the appropriate tax with no double charges?

    (Honestly I still don't understand where this double charge comes from? I had to pay taxes on my case. $15 tax and a $2 brokerage fee to UPS. No double charge. Why would my phone get dinged for double tax. Okay I'm losing it. I'm worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.)

    BTW Congradulations on getting your phone! That's awesome. Let us know how about getting it working with Rogers.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8. #148  
    Okay I do notice that P1 charged me tax on my AMEX card. Based on that there shouldn't be any extra tax applied at border. I'm not going to worry about this, and if for some reason they do I'll apply for a refund (either from P1 or the government.) There's got to be a way of getting my money back. (Okay it's the government, but still I bet there's a form somewhere that would take care of things.)

    My apologies to everyone for earlier rants. I was just upset - at no one in particular - about all the snafus and I was venting. I have chilled now.

    I'm also from Toronto in the "no tracking" pool so maybe Toronto will get processed soon. Fingers crossed.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  9. #149  
    Yeah there should be no tax if you pre-paid it through PalmOne. The idea is that if you prepay the courier doesn't need to extend you credit to pay for your taxes so you end up with a lower brokerage charge. In my past experiences with Purolator, if the taxes were prepaid through the US company, there was no brokerage charge.

    So you shouldn't get charged, and on the packing slip it should show that the taxes were already paid.

    Everything will be fine

    (still no info on mine btw ... )
  10. #150  
    Just thought about something. If the package is taking 3-4 days to arrive at the Canadian border and as already assumed by someone that this probably means that P1 used regular ground postal to get it from Louviseville Kentucky to the border, would there be a higher likihood that the package will be bashed around etc? ie. be handles less gently?

    also, there is a default 1 year right?
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    Just thought about something. If the package is taking 3-4 days to arrive at the Canadian border
    Seems to be a Toronto thing. Why would packages ultimately bound for halifax info (as bmcmullin's treo was,) have had tracking info since yesterday and bee delivered today (luck bmcmullin) but our 650's still aren't at the border? I'm certain P1 shipped ALL the Canadian orders as block. That's why initially the Canadians had tracking info before the Americans at end of last week. They would all hit the border at the same time. Sorting at the border appears to be the problem now, unless I'm missing something.

    Anyone expecting a phone in Toronto have Purolator tracking info yet? Any Canadian's who've already received phones, or have Purolator tracking care to share with the rest of us the city your phone is being shipped?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  12. #152  
    Anyone from Vancouver able to track their treo yet? I ordered mine Feb 3. Still can't track it. Phoned Purolator and they told me it was shipped ground.

    I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!
  13. #153  
    This is BS...
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Just for clarification did you Pay taxes to P1 (ie your order was for $689 with tax when you ordered) or were you someone where you placed an order by telephone and the order taker guy missed charging you taxes and you just paid $599? If the later are you saying NO tax was applied at the border by customs, or you were just charged the appropriate tax with no double charges?

    (Honestly I still don't understand where this double charge comes from? I had to pay taxes on my case. $15 tax and a $2 brokerage fee to UPS. No double charge. Why would my phone get dinged for double tax. Okay I'm losing it. I'm worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.)

    BTW Congradulations on getting your phone! That's awesome. Let us know how about getting it working with Rogers.

    Okay, I'm the one showing US$599 in my online invoice...but in my VISA, I just called.and they charged me US$688.85 which includes the 15% PST + GST already...so everything should be prepaid now....but somehow, P1 makes two charges on my credit card on the same day...one goes through and the other one is still in process.....that scares me...I'll definitely watch my VISA balance closely to see if they double charge my credit card or not...(this is more serious than double charge on the tax via canada custom)
  15. #155  
    Anyone who has received theirs tried it on Rogers yet? I'm interesed to know how it works...... What data plan are you on. I was wondering if we can go on a blackberry plan, they are much better.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Okay, I'm the one showing US$599 in my online invoice...but in my VISA, I just called.and they charged me US$688.85 which includes the 15% PST + GST already...so everything should be prepaid now....but somehow, P1 makes two charges on my credit card on the same day...one goes through and the other one is still in process.....that scares me...I'll definitely watch my VISA balance closely to see if they double charge my credit card or not...(this is more serious than double charge on the tax via canada custom)
    Understood. Same thing happened to me. My online invoice shows $599 but my AMEX is now showing a charge of $688.85US so it looks like P1 did indeed charge the tax (which I prefer because it saves me brokerage fees with Purolator.)

    I'm not too worried about diff between online invoice and charge since my online invoice has other "errors" which I know are corrected on the shipping slip. (I called more than once to confirm corrections after all snafu's with my order.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Humptyjumped
    Anyone who has received theirs tried it on Rogers yet? I'm interesed to know how it works...... What data plan are you on. I was wondering if we can go on a blackberry plan, they are much better.
    I once had a blackberry data plan for a non-blackberry device, but I got that setup though a store (not a Rogers store but Rogers dealer) and he had to phone his contact at Rogers to put it in the system since the computer wouldn't let him do it straight. The thing with the blackberry plans is that they require a contract. My current contract is about to expire so I'm reluctant to sign a new one without incentive and I'm not getting any incentive on this phone right now so I'd rather wait.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  18. #158  
    I was charged the tax by P1 and as I said nothing more at the door this morning. Just got a Rogers SIM a little while ago (was using Telus so didn't have a SIM). Will post soonest once I get going.

    I have no idea why I got my shipment. As you can imagine, normally we in the (far) east don't get deliveries so fast.
  19. #159  
    Ok, I popped the SIM in and presto web access worked without configuration. Is there a way to know if it accessing the web via WAP or native IP (or whatever other way IP goes over GPRS/EDGE)?
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcmullin
    I have no idea why I got my shipment. As you can imagine, normally we in the (far) east don't get deliveries so fast.
    Maybe it's a little karmic adjustment for all the times Toronto is given preference other other cities. Happy you got your phone and it's up and running. Post a review if you get a chance in the next little bit.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions