Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    For purolator, you have to pay the driver to have your item released or they'll send another bill to you separately? If paying the driver, will they accept credit card? personal cheque?

I think I'll call P1 sometimes today or tmr to get the shipment tracking number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    The Rogers rep that I spoke with offered me a unlimited data plan for $70. That is the one that I plan to go with.

-E44
    Do you know what plan that is. On their website the only unlimited plan I see is a BlackBerry unlimited plan for $60. Under data plans (business) they have the $60 15mb hofo's talking about and a $100 100mb plan but NO unlimited plan.

I don't know how much data I'm going to be using yet and I don't want to get too expensive a plan, but the overage charges on all plans is so high you want to make sure you're covered.

Anyway my phone likely comes monday (it's shipped!) so it's time to make a decision.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    For purolator, you have to pay the driver to have your item released or they'll send another bill to you separately? If paying the driver, will they accept credit card? personal cheque?

I think I'll call P1 sometimes today or tmr to get the shipment tracking number.
    see this is why i was being stupid...the 89.85 USD being charged to us, is the GST and PST...so thus we will not recieve a waybill at all for the CBSA and CCRA...we have paid it off already
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    see this is why i was being stupid...the 89.85 USD being charged to us, is the GST and PST...so thus we will not recieve a waybill at all for the CBSA and CCRA...we have paid it off already
    But from the P1 email and online status, they just charge me US$599 with no tax...from my visa online, the amount hasn't been showed yet..but I see my available credit being decrease for likely the amount of TWO 650 transaction (CAD$17xx-18xx) I wonder if they'll double charge me or not.

But as P1 may ask purolator to collect duty and tax from me..if that's the case, do they accept credit card or personal cheque when the driver arrives at my door? Or they'll bill me separately like Fedex who send me another invoice later?
  5.    #65  
    so you didnt see at all no fee of 89.85 USD..from my understanding with Purolator, is that they are bad...meaning you will get the package....but apparently if there is such charges an invoice will bemailed to your house, a little while later (i think at least 2 weeks)

----

from the web.palmone.com order status you dont see anything like this im assuming:

Order Subtotal:
    https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif
    $599.00
    Tax: https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif$89.85https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif + Duty: https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif$0.00https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif + Shipping: https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif$0.00https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif =https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gifhttps://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif Order Total: https://web.palmone.com/images/pixel.gif$688.85
    Mine shows only:

Order Subtotal:
    $599.00 Tax: $0.00 + Duty: $0.00 + Shipping: $0.00 = Order Total: $599.00

And it's to ON, CA address
  7.    #67  
    well no matter what, you will be charged...i mean this will definately get nailed, as it is impossible to pass this package off as a book, footwear, or an item less than 30 CAD...so i mean you can either call and ask them to correct it...or pounce on the mail man everyday to see if he brought you a nice waybill

yeah mine is going to ottawa
    well no matter what, you will be charged...i mean this will definately get nailed, as it is impossible to pass this package off as a book, footwear, or an item less than 30 CAD...so i mean you can either call and ask them to correct it...or pounce on the mail man everyday to see if he brought you a nice waybill

yeah mine is going to ottawa
    That's okay...I'm fine for the charge...but may not be at home or have the right cash for the driver...that's why I'm asking..and now knew that they'll mail me another invoice after 2 weeks....I think it's good..as long as I'll get the package next monday no matter what....

Now, I'll see and hope when will they drop off the package of the day..
    According to Purolator they pay the taxes to customs at the border, ship the package as scheduled, and mail you a seperate invoice for the money you owe them for the taxes. I forgot to ask how much of a "brokerage" fee they charge, but it seemed encouraging that it won't interfere with getting the phone on time. (Stupid P1 phone sales guys, I so would have preferred just paying the taxes up front and now it's too late.) I just hope this Purolator CSR is correct. I've been known to get faulty info from CSR's in the past. Not often but occasionally. First time I've ever phoned Purolator so I don't know what they're like.
  10.    #70  
    see let me tell you a little story, gather round children

now i very seldom buy things from the states, because its too shall i say, difficult

Case and point.
    February of 2001, was the first time i ever won something on ebay...the thing i won was Sony DEJ01 cd player....the MSRP in canada is 599.99CAD...now im all hunkey dorey about getting my unit...and well when i tracked it on the UPS website it said "Held for brokerage"....and well being a n00b back then, i didnt know what that meant...called up UPS, and they explained it to me...A few days later it arrived, with a brokerage fee of 114.31CAD..so i paid it,...thats fine

Now...later that summer..i bought myself a Sony MZ-R900 Japanese made (ie made of steel not the american version) white MD player. UPS was the shipper and such...and i was like, okay the msrp is at least 599.99 CAD...so UPS came, and there were brokerage charges...and of course the charge was 114.31 CAD...NO IT WASNT...it was about 45$ CAD.....to this day, i will never understand why...i understand the process that it takes to get be charged for taxes...but the logic behind it is still puzzling me
    Paying taxes can be annoying, especially when there are all these "brokerage" issues to content with on items ordered overseas and whatnot. On the other hand I try not to complain about paying taxes because when my liver hurts I can go to the doctor without checking my account balance first.

Right now I'm kicking myself because I ordered Piel Frama case for my 650 (a week ago) but like an ***** I ordered it direct from them in Italy. I should have ordered it from Treocentral. I think it works out to about the same CDN and I'll bet I would have had my case from TC by now. I'm still waiting on the one from Italy (and now I've got to rely on email to get a tracking # from them.) Not to mention that I would have preferred supporting the community here by spending my consumers dollars here! D'oh! (I don't know why but it didn't occur to me to check if TC had the case I wanted until yesterday.)
  12.    #72  
    i dont mind paying taxes...albeit i lose what near 40% of my pay to taxes...i know when i need something it will be there

but the point i was trying to get at...is that i find the border thing to be totally random...i mean two things, same MSRP (in fact the MD at the time had a higher MSRP), and well then you know the rest of the story

The piel frama case...i would have ordered it directly from piel frama...as much as possible i try to avoid the middle man...when i bought my ipod i didnt go to compusmart as i usually do..i called up apple.ca and also, i got an educational discount...

for my vaja case, i ordered it from vaja...i will probably like the treo 600 have to pay at fedex (but i didnt have to for my T610 volution case) but hey i know that should there arise a problem, i can contact vaja directly and tell..yeah i bought it from directly...going thru a middleman is an easy way for the manufacturer to differ blame...and put you in an endless loop of callings
    see let me tell you a little story, gather round children

now i very seldom buy things from the states, because its too shall i say, difficult

Case and point.
    February of 2001, was the first time i ever won something on ebay...the thing i won was Sony DEJ01 cd player....the MSRP in canada is 599.99CAD...now im all hunkey dorey about getting my unit...and well when i tracked it on the UPS website it said "Held for brokerage"....and well being a n00b back then, i didnt know what that meant...called up UPS, and they explained it to me...A few days later it arrived, with a brokerage fee of 114.31CAD..so i paid it,...thats fine

Now...later that summer..i bought myself a Sony MZ-R900 Japanese made (ie made of steel not the american version) white MD player. UPS was the shipper and such...and i was like, okay the msrp is at least 599.99 CAD...so UPS came, and there were brokerage charges...and of course the charge was 114.31 CAD...NO IT WASNT...it was about 45$ CAD.....to this day, i will never understand why...i understand the process that it takes to get be charged for taxes...but the logic behind it is still puzzling me
    Did you use the same shipping methods? UPS Express shipments don't charge brokerage fees.

In general I try to avoid using UPS into Canada because they charge brokerage on anything that is over $20CND while Fed Ex will only charge brokerage on goods over $1600CND and their traking is confusing. It includes scans from hubs and scanning stations before the package is physically there. It gives you a false reading of it's actual location. When tracking UPS packages I recommend using the traking at http://www.upsstore.com/ it's much more detailed.
    The brokerage fee is the fee you pay the shipper to handle all the paper work to bring it into the country. They are fixed fees based on the value of the product. Custom brokers all have their own fees. Some waive the fee with more expensive shipping options. What varies is the tax/duty when coming into Canada. It could be affected by NAFTA and the value they set for the product could vary from the MSRP.

All your duty questions should be answered here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/sme/stepb...f_class-e.html
    i dont mind paying taxes...albeit i lose what near 40% of my pay to taxes...i know when i need something it will be there

but the point i was trying to get at...is that i find the border thing to be totally random...i mean two things, same MSRP (in fact the MD at the time had a higher MSRP), and well then you know the rest of the story

The piel frama case...i would have ordered it directly from piel frama...as much as possible i try to avoid the middle man...when i bought my ipod i didnt go to compusmart as i usually do..i called up apple.ca and also, i got an educational discount...

for my vaja case, i ordered it from vaja...i will probably like the treo 600 have to pay at fedex (but i didnt have to for my T610 volution case) but hey i know that should there arise a problem, i can contact vaja directly and tell..yeah i bought it from directly...going thru a middleman is an easy way for the manufacturer to differ blame...and put you in an endless loop of callings
    oh....I browse around and found out the Sena Leatherskin case..I love it..and cost US$39.99..but the shipping from USPS costs $19.99 or Fedex Canadian Priority costs $21.99 (I assume this is shipped via air with free brokerage)..but still..it's still so expensive for the total amount for just a case, as it'll be $39.99 + $21.99 + 15% tax for me in ontario.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    oh....I browse around and found out the Sena Leatherskin case..I love it..and cost US$39.99..but the shipping from USPS costs $19.99 or Fedex Canadian Priority costs $21.99 (I assume this is shipped via air with free brokerage)..but still..it's still so expensive for the total amount for just a case, as it'll be $39.99 + $21.99 + 15% tax for me in ontario.
    I didn't like that the Sena flap flipped down the front instead of over the top and back, but that's purely a matter of personal taste. If you really like the Sena case see if you can find a Canadian distributor. You may save a bunch on shipping that way.
    I understand what you're saying, but it's a case. What kinda problems are you expecting to have? (I ordered the phone direct from P1 for the reason you mention. I was very reluctant about going through Expansys or Mobilefly.)
  18.    #79  
    well for a vajacase yeah i would want to go thru vaja...104.90USD plus whatever i want to make sure its perfect and fully understood:

104.90 + 30 = 134.90 + 18 shipping = 152.90 USD
    My Piel Frama case came to $99.68 CDN with FREE international shipping from Italy. (I'm sure it'll get dinged for taxes at the border, but still a good deal on a quality Italian leather case when compared to the price of the vaja. Which vaja case did you get, the i-volution? That's a nice case but no screen protection. I also liked that Piel Frama had a belt clip mechanism that could be removed with a special tool. Most times I'll carry it in my pocket but there may be an occasion where I want it on my belt.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast