Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    It'll be great if someone can post the information for setting up a Treo 650 to connect to the Internet via the data plan...like wap setting, server, etc...

Added: it's for Rogers.

You don't need to input any settings for ANY Treo 600/650 (assuming it's unlocked). It does it automatically when you put in your SIM.
  2.    #42  
    ^um you still need to configure "Internet, Media.com and MMS"
    everything else is plug n play
  3.    #43  
    UPDATE: Uugh im getting bad at this...talked to a nice lady named "A". It has been 24hrs, and well i have not recieved a fax. After talking to her, she said within 48 hours an email should be sent to me with the breakdown of the tax bracket....okay im going to go back to bed now...where is my teddy bear....
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    UPDATE: Uugh im getting bad at this...talked to a nice lady named "A". It has been 24hrs, and well i have not recieved a fax. After talking to her, she said within 48 hours an email should be sent to me with the breakdown of the tax bracket....okay im going to go back to bed now...where is my teddy bear....
    Interesting that to my new order, they didn't charge me the 15% tax in my order status...I wonder if they'll change it or Purolator will ask me for the duty later when it ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Interesting that to my new order, they didn't charge me the 15% tax in my order status...I wonder if they'll change it or Purolator will ask me for the duty later when it ships.
    So what's showing in your charges? Here's what I see:

Order Subtotal: $599.00
    Tax: $89.85 +
    Duty: $0.00 +
    Shipping: $0.00 +

Order Total: $688.85

Are you saying there is no charge in the tax field?
    I thought we'd get Internet through WAP settings? (That's how it worked when I paired my T68i with my Ipaq.) What is Media.com? Oh, and I've never used MMS, any comments on it's usefulness?

I'm hoping whoever gets their phone first and gets it working with Rogers posts a thread with instructions for the rest us. That would be a cool, nice thing to do.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  7.    #47  
    what im trying to say is that the sim card only carries a limited number of phone numbers..vm number..i believe the sms number and ur phone number...everything else is programed directly into the hardware itself

further more there is internet which uses a DAP with internet apn...and then navigate which uses a goam.com APN
  8.    #48  
    UPDATE: after talking to "D" of p1 just now he has informed me that the 15 percent is both gst and pst...thus we are being overcharged....i dictated to him the laws however upon doing so he consulted one of his co-workers in which said they have to charge pst. I then informed him of two things: 1. our items are being shiped from lexington kentucky in the mighty blue grass state. because of it being shipped from ky..it further shows that this is an american purchase being shipped from the us. the border is federally run and provincal taxes have effect at the border unless it was hst. 2. a perwon from bc is gettijg his at 7 percent.

he promised me that a manager will calL me after 3 pm est to tak to me...
    Hey if you are talking to a manager..why not editorialize on their handling of this rollout (particularly the unlocked GSM). Maybe you can dig a couple of actual facts out of him/her....
  10.    #50  
    well i will see how i am feeling
    but the funny thing is, "D" kept on calling me a ma'am...until i corrected him
  11.    #51  
    i think i was wrong...im reading here...but now they do have the power to collect PST at the border for BC, Ontario, and Sask....and HST complete for the HST provinces..

i feel sick...i cant believe i made such a fuss....oy...geez that was stupid of me
    You DON'T need to configure Internet...it is automatic.

I don't have any tax listed in my order at all (being shipped to Toronto).

Frankly, I would rather have the tax charged up front rather than have to pay it as a COD.

You're going to have to pay %15 if you live in Ontario anyway (unless there is some miraculous omission *fingers crossed*), so I don't understand why this thread is going on and on and on and on and on...ad nauseum in every bloody Treo site....
    I received the ACCESSORIES from my Treo 650 order and I am in Toronto. Got the extra battery, travel charger and extra usb cable. The free Lifestyle guide is actually just a pamphlet.

The accessories shipped on Feb 5th and got to Toronto today.

Hopefully the Treo 650 ships soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmfjunkie
    So what's showing in your charges? Here's what I see:

Order Subtotal: $599.00
    Tax: $89.85 +

Order Total: $688.85

Are you saying there is no charge in the tax field?

My Order confirmation email and online status both shows:

This shipping address includes the following item(s):

Item: 1869804
    Description: PALM Treo 650 GSM
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 599.00
    Shipping Method: Purolator Air

--------------------------
    Sub-Total: $ 599.00
    --------------------------

==========================
    Order Total: $ 599.00
    ==========================

or

Order Subtotal:
    $599.00
    Tax: $0.00 +

Order Total: $599.00
    Hate to be a downer, but in my experience, you'll end up getting a bill for GST and PST. I think Purolator is very reasonable for brokerage though (can't remember for 100% sure though)

Wonder why they stopped charging the tax though ...

Cross your fingers, you might get lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by dwpaul
    Hate to be a downer, but in my experience, you'll end up getting a bill for GST and PST. I think Purolator is very reasonable for brokerage though (can't remember for 100% sure though)

I don't mind to pay tax..as it's reasonable....but just wonder why they don't put it into their system...as I thought whenever they put Canada, the system should be automatically added tax to it.

What's reasonable I wonder? I'm in the same boat. I'm so pissed off at P1. They screwed up and cancelled my first 2 orders. The first order was placed on Feb 2 at 6:30am and based on the order number sounds like mine would have shipped tonight and I might have had it for the weekend. It was only on the third phone order that they didn't charge tax. At the time I was so busy dealing with sorting out all the other problems I didn't pay much attention, but now I'm really annoyed because on top of delaying my order this brokerage fee is like an extra penalty I'll be paying due to P1's incompetance.

Anyone have any idea what the stupid Purolater "brokerage" fee might be?

(You know that happened to me with UPS on an Amazon order and the fee was only $3 or something if I remember correctly. It was a very small number and I remember because I had to leave a cheque in the mailbox and I thought what a stupidly small amount of money to have to write a cheque.)

For the record I have no problem paying taxes. What I hate is when companies are excessive with "service fees"!
    You're lucky with the Amazon order. I think UPS charges brokerage based on the value and the method of shipping. Last time I had a brokerage charge with UPS, it was more than what the tax on the item was (and the item was $199 US, so I got a bill for roughly 80 bucks).

Last time I used FedEx, it was $7 Canadian, on a $300 US shipment.

I wouldn't worry too much about Purolator, they're generally extremely reasonable, but I think you can call them up and they should be able to give you an idea.
    You're lucky with the Amazon order. I think UPS charges brokerage based on the value and the method of shipping. Last time I had a brokerage charge with UPS, it was more than what the tax on the item was (and the item was $199 US, so I got a bill for roughly 80 bucks).

Last time I used FedEx, it was $7 Canadian, on a $300 US shipment.

I wouldn't worry too much about Purolator, they're generally extremely reasonable, but I think you can call them up and they should be able to give you an idea.
    Calling Purolator is a good idea. That way when/if it happens it won't be a huge surprise and I'll be prepared.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast