Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Does the 650 work with Fido? Anyone using Fido with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    For SMS and Voicemail, you would need to subscribe to these services from Data Customer Care Team on: 1 866 931 3282, option 2-1.
    What do you mean by this? I thought SMS will work right away without any subscription where one just needs to pay for $0.15 per outgoing message...or does it need to know which gateway will it send to?
    i said i was getting a Treo 600 from P1 direct
    When I called I told him it was a 650. Actually the first guy asked for my IMEI number then said "oh that's an invalid IMEI I think P1 sent you an ATT phone by mistake" but he was in sales and promptly put me through to tech support. Tech support guy was great. Said "ya we'll be selling those in about a month. Now right now we officially only support the 600 but I'll do my best to get you working." Mostly he said it was up to me to fnid the right screens on the phone but he handled the rest. Less than 5 minutes and it was working.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  4.    #245  
    this is what he wrote..that part i ignored as he obviously ignored what i wrote

this is what i wrote to him:
    Good day
    I have in my hands an unlocked palmone GSM Treo 600 from PalmOne direct.
    I am required to program in the settings in for the following:
    Internet (NOT Navigate, however internet.com) Rogers Media MMS SMS (or is it on the SIM already) VM (or is it on the SIM already) I thank you for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoN
    I'm not but it should work with Fido. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't.
    this is what he wrote..that part i ignored as he obviously ignored what i wrote

this is what i wrote to him:
    Good day
    I have in my hands an unlocked palmone GSM Treo 600 from PalmOne direct.
    I am required to program in the settings in for the following:
    Internet (NOT Navigate, however internet.com) Rogers Media MMS SMS (or is it on the SIM already) VM (or is it on the SIM already) I thank you for your help
    For the record I found Internet "locked" meaning you can't manually program it on the phone. Tech guy said "just like the 600" so you need Rogers to provide the settings to your phone over the air. I think it's part of their "you must subscribe to a data package" thing.
  7.    #249  
    hey as long as it works im happy...

im just surprised its plug n'play...every other unlocked gernic phone ive gotten has to be programmed...less work for me to do
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Something is wierd. When I put the sim card in, and turn on wireless, the phone becomes very slow. wtf?

Edit:
    Nothing that a hard reset cant fix.
    Last edited by TRoN; 02/16/2005 at 04:21 PM.
    Indeed I am, works fine. Can roam on Rogers as well. Haven't set up 850 MHz or internet access yet, though. Will do some fiddling tonight.

/duckman
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    As if you read my other thread, I'm so pissed off..that P1 ships me a travel charger instead of my wanted unlocked 650...I'll have to wait for another 7 days (at least) to receive the new 650.....and they deny to ship via Fedex to me!!!!!
    hofo_mofo, I'm on Rogers also and can access the net fine and the phone works fine but when I try to send SMS I get some error that looks like this

An Error occured
    To: 780-xxx-xxxx
    An error occured(407a)when sending this message, please check the phone number or email address and try again..

**I have a SMS plan so I'm not sure why I get this error...I checked under preferences in the sms window and it was set to automatic, I checked to do it manually and it seems all the Rogers data is the same as you posted but I still get this error trying to send sms.

**Oddly my voicemail has a "1" on it but when I check it Rogers tells me no messages..hmm, then the phone did one of them spontaneous reboots and it alerted me to a new voicemail but once again..no voicemail when I check
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    As if you read my other thread, I'm so pissed off..that P1 ships me a travel charger instead of my wanted unlocked 650...I'll have to wait for another 7 days (at least) to receive the new 650.....and they deny to ship via Fedex to me!!!!!
    that truly sucks... sorry to hear it sonson... P1 screwed my many attempts to order but the phone finally showed up today so I'm please but I know how I would have felt if that had happened to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    **Oddly my voicemail has a "1" on it but when I check it Rogers tells me no messages..hmm, then the phone did one of them spontaneous reboots and it alerted me to a new voicemail but once again..no voicemail when I check
    My voicemail also has a "1" when I have no voicemail but I thought the "1" meant I could dial 1 to call my voicemail. Can anyone confirm if I'm correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    that truly sucks... sorry to hear it sonson... P1 screwed my many attempts to order but the phone finally showed up today so I'm please but I know how I would have felt if that had happened to me...
    You can imagine how mad I am right now!!!!!! especially they won't be processed my new shipment right away...
    it should. since fido is now rogers. you can goto the Phone network prefs and select Roger or Fido.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  16.    #258  
    my phone is defective...locks up when the screen is turned off...locks up at start up...locks up if i look at it...and by lock up i mean LED goes on...and the screen dont...the backlight is on..etc etc

been on hold for 60mins now...and the worst thing is when that stupid lady comes on the line and says "your wait time is greater than 5 mins"...yeah okay 5 x n mins later right
  17.    #259  
    well remember also FIdo and Rogers are two separate entities still...so different everything really except towers
  18.    #260  
    timexx8 the best thing to do is call rogers and verify the SMS gateway...different regions have different numbers...just like the VM number