Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Only certain provinces collect provincial tax on imported goods. Consider yourself lucky to live in a province where they don't
    I still don't have mine yet in Toronto. It's on the truck since 9am and I live 5 minutes from the depot. Hmmmm....
    Got mine this morning (right at 10am.) Unfortunately it's at my wife's work and on any other day I would have been able to slip out and grab it maybe even take the day off but this morning it's been crisis day at work and nobody is happy and nobody is going anywhere. I don't know what the invoice/tax situation since it's still not in MY hands but soon. I did call Rogers to add a data package. They have a promo where the first 3 months are unlimited data. Perfect I took the cheaper data package and I can adjust when/if I need to based on my usuage.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Just got mine in Toronto, charging it up now.
    i just ordered the BOXWAVE Crystal screen protector and looking for BT headset. There are a heck of a lot reviews about which ones to buy and i read through A LOT of them.

The main contenders seem to be the SCALA-500, SE HBH-660 and Motorola 8XX series.

I am mainly leaning towards the 660.....just wondering since there are so many new 650 owners in this thread already, maybe u can share which one you will most likely be buying?

Thanks in advance.
    I ordered my ultraclear screen protector from shop.brando.com.hk as it's US$13 included shipping. Also order a basic P1 Treo side case and Linksys USB BT adapter with 1000 feet...should be arrived end of this week ^^

Then I'll need the 2-in-1 charge/sync cable..but heard that the connector is so bad for the current version..
    Which case comes with the unlocked 650. Can you take a pic of it and post it.
    No case comes with it...
    Okay I got mine. Charging it now. I did however pop in my SIM card and I made a phone call. Nice. However couldn't get a net connection. Now I just ordered my data package from Rogers this morning. Anyone have any ideas. (Under pref's connection was set to Internet, I couldn't see any settings and they were locked. With it simply wouldn't connect. I switched it "Rogers Media" and with that setting when I connected it seemed to establish a connection but Blazer would just time out no matter what site I hit. Anyway have any ideas. Anyone more successful. Oh, Rogers Media settings were also locked and couldn't be changed.)
    I have the same data settings as you, just Internet and Rogers Media, and they're all locked for me, too. I also just ordered my plan this morning, though I just went through *ADD.

On the other hand, it just worked for me. Opened Blazer and it went right to the Rogers Navigate home page.

Maybe you'll have to contact Rogers? It doesn't really seem like there's any options you can set directly on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwpaul
    I have the same data settings as you, just Internet and Rogers Media, and they're all locked for me, too. I also just ordered my plan this morning, though I just went through *ADD.

On the other hand, it just worked for me. Opened Blazer and it went right to the Rogers Navigate home page.

Maybe you'll have to contact Rogers? It doesn't really seem like there's any options you can set directly on the phone.
    Okay. (I ordered over the phone. Why do I bother.) Just so I know do you have Internet selected or Rogers Media under Network? And, when Internet is selected do you see settings? On my phone everything is blank when this is selected. Thanks every so much.

(I'm reassured to know your phone is working because it means my problem should be fixable.)
  12. CMD
    On my Treo 270 I was able to create a new internet conection under Preferences/Network.
    Select New
    Service:Any name
    Connection:GPRS
    User Name:wapuser1
    Password:wap
    APN:internet.com

My 650 is "Delayed due to weather"!!!!!!!

Seems that Purolator can't cope with a few snow flakes!

Patience..................
    Mine arrived today in Edmonton, Rogers sim works fine and I opened Blazer and connected no problem.

*One small problem I did have...I purchased screen protectors from TreoCentral and immediately put one on before calibrating the phone..when it came to the stylus calibration part I couldnt seem to press hard enough to calibrate....removed screen protector and it worked fine
  14.    #235  
    i emailed them last week thinking i would have to set them up...here is what they sent to me:

Dear Me...,

Thank you very much for your email.

The settings your requested are as follow:
    (1) HTML BROWSING:
    . Service name: Internet
    . Connection: GPRS
    . User Name: wapuser1
    . Password: wap
    . APN: internet.com

(2) MMS (or Rogers Media)
    (2.1) For Network Connections:
    . Service name: RogersMedia
    . Connection: GPRS
    . User name: media
    . Password: mda01
    . APN: media.com
    (2.2) For MMS application - please ensure the preferences are set to:
    . Connection Settings: Custom
    . MMS Gateway Address: 172.025.000.107
    . MMSCURL: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    . MMS Port Number: 9201
    . Network Profile: Custom / RogersMedia

For SMS and Voicemail, you would need to subscribe to these services from Data Customer Care Team on: 1 866 931 3282, option 2-1.
    Access to the Rogers GPRS network requires a data plan. Our Data Customer Care Team will be able to assist you with this also.

We regret we cannot guarantee connection to the Rogers' network for non-Rogers devices. However, you may get technical assistance from PalmOne at: 1 866 260 2178.

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us and we hope this information is of some assistance to you.

i said i was getting a Treo 600 from P1 direct
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Okay. (I ordered over the phone. Why do I bother.) Just so I know do you have Internet selected or Rogers Media under Network? And, when Internet is selected do you see settings? On my phone everything is blank when this is selected. Thanks every so much.

(I'm reassured to know your phone is working because it means my problem should be fixable.)
    Yep, I had Internet selected. Blazer connects to Internet as well.

And it's completely blank for me, too. I'm able to make a copy of the Rogers Media connection and change things, but if I try to unlock Internet I get an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwpaul
    Yep, I had Internet selected. Blazer connects to Internet as well.

And it's completely blank for me, too. I'm able to make a copy of the Rogers Media connection and change things, but if I try to unlock Internet I get an error.
    I phoned Rogers. A very tech (who said they'd be selling Rogers branded phones in a month,) was able to help. I don't know what he did exactly but now Internet connects where as before it didn't. When I'm connected with Internet Blazer works. Hurray!

Thanks for your help. (In the past I've felt alone and frustrated when these things didn't work but just knowing others had their phones working was soothing.)

Anyone done a speed test. (I'm going to try tonight.)
  17.    #238  
    yeah apparently rogers will be selling these things shortly...but hey if it was anything like the treo 600 (which it will be of course) 799.00 plus tax...918$ CAD approx and locked to rogers

weeeeee unlocked one...cheaper...and l33ter
    Hofo thank you so much for the info. That's very detailed and I appreciate the sharing. This phone is pretty cool!