1.    #1  
    I get this error when I try to launch versamail setup from windows xp. Has anybody had the same issue and had it fixed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    uninstall palmdesktop then reinstall
    Treoing & Loving it
  3.    #3  
    Yes that did the job
    I get the same error message and I did the uninstall and reinstall and still get the same error.

Any other suggestions? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    I get the same error message and I did the uninstall and reinstall and still get the same error.

Any other suggestions? Thanks
    Nope, not really. Thats the way to do it. You have to make sure you do a CLEAN install, meaning do not reinstall over your old directory - rename it to something else before you reinstall, otherwise your old settings will carry over. You will also have to reinstall every single app that has a conduit (like eWallet, DocsToGo, etc.) if you have them.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I thought I just did a clean install and I did rename the old backup file to backupold. The Versamail does not show up as a conduit. However, I am able to setup Versamail for AOL, Gmail and Sprintpcs via my phone but not via Versamail on the Palm Desktop.

Now I am not sure if everything else is working properly. Is there a default list of what should be under the custom setting in hotsync?

Thanks
    Just remembered that I have another problem. My Splash Photo is in the internal memory and I wanted PowerRun to move it to my card but I get this error "can't move, application already exists in the destination. Please delete or move first."

Then I go to the card and its not showing up. OMG, do I need to start over AGAIN?
    The best bet is to rename the entire Palm directory .old, not just the Backup directory. The conduits are stored in another directory.

There should be a conduit for every app that syncs with your handheld. For Outlook, there should be one conduit for each of the following - calendar, contacts, tasks and memos. You should have also

Media
    Versamail (although this one is the one that is missing for you)
    Quick Install
    Install
    Install Service Templates
    Install to card

And for every other app you may have (like Adobe Reader, eWallet, BackupBuddy, etc.) that needs a hotsync conduit to transfer data back and forth to your PC.

If you dont need syncing emails with your PC, you really dont "need" the Versamail conduit. I have mine set not to autosync anyway. The only downside I see is that Versamail is buggy and unreliable enough as it is, there is no telling what running without the conduit will do. I would suggest you try it, and if it works for you then dont worry about it. The Versamail conduit lets you exchange mail with your PC, and have your PC sync with your mailboxes and keep everything syncronized. I dont use that feature personally.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    THANK YOU. Yes, I do have the those other conduits. I don't sync with my PC either for email. Hopefully, I won't have to start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by donzg
    I get this error when I try to launch versamail setup from windows xp. Has anybody had the same issue and had it fixed?
    I have found that if the VersaMail conduit is missing you can re-install it by running the "vmwrapper.exe" or something like that from the 650 CD it's under the same directory as the essentials software. I can't remeber the exact location right now since I dont have the CD with me but just run the vmwarpper.exe and it re-installs the conduit.

palmOne Treo 650 Unlocked GSM / Axalto 64k SIM / Cingular Nation 900 w/ Rollover / MEdia Net Unlimited /

Phone Info: Firmware: 1.14 / Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Accessories: palmOne Cradle Kit for Treo 650 / Free 128MB SD from palmOne / Cardo Scala 500 BT Headset / Krusell Classic & Horizontic Case / Brando Screen Protector
    On The Way: ???

oh...I also had the error message when launching the versamail setup from windows. Here's the trick:

Make sure you hotsync profile is under C:\Program Files\palmOne, dont move it. I moved mine to my D: drive where I store all my data and the VersaMail setup went nuts when I put it back to the default location it was happy again. Hopes this helps

palmOne Treo 650 Unlocked GSM / Axalto 64k SIM / Cingular Nation 900 w/ Rollover / MEdia Net Unlimited /

Phone Info: Firmware: 1.14 / Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Accessories: palmOne Cradle Kit for Treo 650 / Free 128MB SD from palmOne / Cardo Scala 500 BT Headset / Krusell Classic & Horizontic Case / Brando Screen Protector
    On The Way: ???

I had to hard reset after all.
    Is there a VersaMail conduit for the Mac? I'm assuming the one you guys are talking about is for syncing w/ Outlook? I have Palm Desktop (the one that came w/ the CD) on a PB w/ OS 10.3.8. I upgraded from a samsung i330, so I didn't have a pre-existing version of VersaMail, and therefore none of the bugs using it that have been reported here. I had the plain old palm Mail app on my i330 and I used a 3rd party conduit to sync it w/ Apple's "Mail.app." I'd like to do the same with VersaMail. Any tips?