Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.tanster.com/pix/535-12/01.jpg http://www.tanster.com/pix/537-5/02.jpg

http://www.tanster.com/pix/539-5/03.jpg http://www.tanster.com/pix/541-5/04.jpg

http://www.tanster.com/pix/543-5/05.jpg http://www.tanster.com/pix/545-5/06.jpg

http://www.tanster.com/pix/556-5/07.jpg http://www.tanster.com/pix/560-5/08.jpg

http://www.tanster.com/pix/564-5/09.jpg http://www.tanster.com/pix/568-5/10.jpg

To see bigger versions of these photos, as well as photos of the first case I bought, the form fit one from Dan's, click the link in my sig.

The biggest issue with this case is the misalignment of the cut-outs on the bottom of the case. I'm hoping that in time, the leather will stretch out a bit more so that the bottom connectors are easily accessible.

Last edited by tanster; 01/03/2006 at 06:50 PM.
    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What is the app running on your screen?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What is the app running on your screen?
    Thanks, NRG!

The app is PalmaryClock Screensaver ($9.95).

What's cool about the app is that it comes with lots of beautiful backgrounds and skins, all for free!
    tanster
    Thanks for the pictures. Does the seam where the leather and clear plastic come together interfere with the option key? That's what I disliked about the treo formfit case.

And in those cases where you need to poke the upper part of the screen with the stylus, such as software that is not 5 way enabled, does it feel like you're going to poke through the plastic?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I got this case today and I LOVE IT! All keys function normally. The only time I have a "problem poking" the screen is when I need to touch near the lower corners. I was using one for a 600 before that I had to "modify" but now the side keys are lined up perfectly.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    Thanks for the pictures. Does the seam where the leather and clear plastic come together interfere with the option key? That's what I disliked about the treo formfit case.
    Hi Cluemeister, I know exactly what you're talking about! I would say the Krusell case has more plastic real estate than the Treo case, which means better accessibility of the Option key.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    And in those cases where you need to poke the upper part of the screen with the stylus, such as software that is not 5 way enabled, does it feel like you're going to poke through the plastic?
    I'm afraid this is an unavoidable problem on cases that have plastic covering the display. Yes, it is pretty difficult to tap the edges of the screen, because the plastic at the edges is so "far away" from the display.

The good thing is that Krusell offers this case in two variations -- one with plastic covering the display, and one that doesn't! You can order both versions at the TC store.

tanster
    This case tempts me. But I can't decide if I should get it with the screen cutout or without. I like the protection, but I also want to be able to use the touchscreen easily. Also, is it relatively easy to unzip the case and slip the phone out to use it naked, or is it more of a hassle than it's worth?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    This case tempts me. But I can't decide if I should get it with the screen cutout or without. I like the protection, but I also want to be able to use the touchscreen easily. Also, is it relatively easy to unzip the case and slip the phone out to use it naked, or is it more of a hassle than it's worth?
    Hi bkrodgers, I think the zipper works pretty smoothly, so taking the 650 out of the case is pretty easy.

I am very compulsive about protection, so the version of the case with the display cut out wasn't really an option for me. The question for me was, which case offers better protection in case of a Starbucks spill on the desk?

tanster
    I'm pretty big into protection as well, but I've used cases with plastic over the screen before, and as you mention, it's hard to use the screen, particularly near the edges. I know you mentioned already that you have that problem with this one too, but how big a problem have you found it?

I have a Boxwave screen protector, so I think that would keep the screen pretty safe if I didn't have the plastic over the screen. But I'm just not sure...

How about the keyboard? Does the plastic affect usability there?

-Brian
  10.    #10  
    I'm pretty big into protection as well, but I've used cases with plastic over the screen before, and as you mention, it's hard to use the screen, particularly near the edges. I know you mentioned already that you have that problem with this one too, but how big a problem have you found it?
    It can be a pain sometimes, because I feel like I'm almost slitting open the plastic with my fingernail (too lazy to bring out the stylus) to get to those buttons at the edges! However, I had to do the same thing with the form fit case I got from Dan's, and despite all the fingernail poking, the case and the Treo 650 display have nary a scratch on them. It helps if your most often used apps (for me, that would be DateBk5) take advantage of the Treo's 5-way nav, because that pretty much eliminates the need to tap the screen for anything!

I have a Boxwave screen protector, so I think that would keep the screen pretty safe if I didn't have the plastic over the screen. But I'm just not sure...
    LOL, I have a Boxwave screen protector underneath the Krusell! (I told you I'm obsessive about protection....)

How about the keyboard? Does the plastic affect usability there?
    I think this is a matter of personal preference. I actually prefer the plastic covering the keyboard because my fingernail slips off the buttons less. Also, given the keyboard problems reported here at TC, I would like to avoid getting any specs of dust or whatever underneath the buttons.

Now that I've had more of chance to play with this case, I'm liking it a lot.

Why I think the Krusell case is better than the Palm form-fit one I got from Dan's:
    Krusell case protects the corners; Dan's case does not
    Krusell case has instant accessibility to camera; Dan's case has a flap covering the lens, which you must unsnap and fold down before using camera
    Krusell case has cut-out for LED; Dan's case completely covers the LED
    Krusell case seems to have a lower-profile clip attachment than Dan's case

Last edited by tanster; 02/06/2005 at 11:38 PM.
    tanster
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have this case for my 650 as well, its awesome. It protects better than any other slim fit case. As a matter of fact, I used this case for my old treo 600 and it protected it so well that when I was ready to buy my 650 I was able to sell my 600 for $350 because of its flawless condition! Some of the other cases that have no plastic over the keys of screen will prevent wear or scratches on the keys and no matter what kind of screen protector you have,nothing is better than double protection. Using the stylus is not as bad as you would think and when you need more precision, because of the zipper the case can be removed/put back on faster and easier than most cases.
    Does this case cause problems with putting the treo in your front pocket? Even if you wouldn't normally have it there, does it make it difficult to get in and out?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I can't recommend this case enough! Someone mentioned whether or not you can put your treo in your pocket, the case doesn't add to the width much at all so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Does it add any noticable friction?

L
    I've only seen the screen cutout version sold through TC...is it actually a separate version offered by Krusell, or is it just the regular unit, and then TC does the cutout?

I'd be happy to order from TC, but it doesn't look like they offer the MiniClip or Spring Clip. I'm not sure which one I want (maybe both), and I want to order the clips from the same source as the case.

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster

The biggest issue with this case is the misalignment of the cut-outs on the bottom of the case. I'm hoping that in time, the leather will stretch out a bit more so that the bottom connectors are easily accessible.

I have the Krusell for the Treo 600 and it had the exact same issue...the cutouts on the bottom do not completely align with the connector and audio jack etc. Unfortunately, the cutouts did not stretch out significantly over time. On the other hand, it really isn't that big a deal and the cutouts there can be easily moved or trimmed if you like...

Overall, the classic Krusell is the best case out there imo. The main reason I like it is b/c you don't have to flip a flap open to use the Treo. That is the main reason why I dislike many other cases. I don't want to have to open or flip a flap to access the Treo...that just makes it more work and cumbersome to operate the Treo imo. On the other hand, I also want complete protection including the screen and keyboard b/c I usually have my Treo in my pocket often with my keys, coins or whatever (Don't like the batman utility belt look, sorry). Thus just relying on a screen protector is not advisable in my case. For all these reasons I think the Krusell is a great case: easy to access w/o flip cover, can see an operate Treo immediately, access to thumbboard is not hampered, screen protected, and slim form factor.

The negatives are that the case won't protect from a severe fall or bump like other cases and in some instances tapping on the screen can be a pain, especially near the border of the screen. However, I rarely have to tap on the screen using my Treo and am pretty careful not to drop it...ymmv. All in all, I highly recommend the case as well...

Btw, thanks Tanster for all the great pics!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17.    #17  
    I've only seen the screen cutout version sold through TC...is it actually a separate version offered by Krusell, or is it just the regular unit, and then TC does the cutout?

I'd be happy to order from TC, but it doesn't look like they offer the MiniClip or Spring Clip. I'm not sure which one I want (maybe both), and I want to order the clips from the same source as the case.

-Brian
    Hi Brian, I don't know whether TC does the cut-out, hopefully they will respond to your question!

I ordered my case ($25.95) from Pride Communication Services (thanks to a tip from Fittske), which does offer the Mini Clip ($5.95) and Spring Clip ($7.95). I bought the case on pre-order and they included the Mini Clip for free.

tanster
  18.    #18  
    I have the Krusell for the Treo 600 and it had the exact same issue...the cutouts on the bottom do not completely align with the connector and audio jack etc. Unfortunately, the cutouts did not stretch out significantly over time. On the other hand, it really isn't that big a deal and the cutouts there can be easily moved or trimmed if you like...
    Hi gfunk, I can definitely live with the misalignment, too. I had no problems tugging on the opening a little to get the cable connected.

I think the Krusell is a great case: easy to access w/o flip cover, can see an operate Treo immediately, access to thumbboard is not hampered, screen protected, and slim form factor.
    Couldn't have summarized it better myself!

Btw, thanks Tanster for all the great pics!
    You are most welcome!

tanster
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I usually have my Treo in my pocket
    Do you have any problems with this? This is my last concern in selecting this case. I've had aluminum/javo_plastic cases in the past and they move in and out of my pocket like butter.

?

L
    It is a special version that we asked Krusell to manufacture, based on the feedback from our customers.

We will start carrying more Krusell Clips later this week. Which clips would you like us to carry?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast