Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I just got a Krussel classic with the screen cover. I was hesitant to get this case because I had a hell of a time with the PalmOne form fit case for the Treo 600. Now that case made it a real challenge to use the edges of the screen. In fact, sometimes when accessing the middle areas of the screen the cover would trigger an undesired part of the screen and totally mess me up.

I tried the Krusell case on my phone before buying it and I was very pleased with the screen's response. Maybe it's all relative (compared to the PalmOne case) but with thise case I do not have much trouble accessing the edges or the corners. I have to push a little harder but it works and works accurately.

My biggest problem with this case is the bottom cutouts do not align well. The case has to be pulled a little for the sync cable to fit. This I can live with because I can focus my attention on it when sitting at my computer. However, the case also has to be pulled in order for the headset to fit and that requires two hands which is not a good thing when you're driving 70 MPH.

The other problem is the volume keys. On my case the down direction works perfectly but there is a lot of tension at the top of the case so the up direction is always pressed down halfway. Not enough to activate the up function (you sitll have to press up for the phone to register it) but it pulls the key far enough down that it becomes flush with the case and you can't feel the button without looking. Someone else said that the plastic stretched out for them over time, I hope the same is true for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Nice pics, techLove, thanks for posting them!

To display graphics right in the post, first you will need to upload them to the web someplace. For example, my pics are hosted at smugmug.com. Each pic should have a URL assigned to it.

Then, to get this:

http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15760958-M.jpg

I type this:

http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15760958-M.jpg

Nice tip about the Marware clip working with the Krusell -- I also have a Marware case for my iPod, so I will definitely check that out!

Tannster:

I love that screensaver. What is its effect on battery life??
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I've had the same case for a little over a month now. Unfortunately, I can't say the case has relaxed much.

I did some cosmetic surgery around the bottom cutouts to help the sync cable to fit better, but it's definitely not perfect. I can get the power to connect reliably, but often it seems to not seat well enough for the Treo to see the hotsync button press.

The screen plastic is definitely tight and for small buttons in the corners (e.g. zLauncher File Manager OK button), it's not easy to get a press to register. This is worse for some buttons that have a smaller hot spot defined for them.

Overall, I'd rate it just slightly above "Ok". It does the job and I wouldn't walk around without a case, but it's not perfect imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    It is a special version that we asked Krusell to manufacture, based on the feedback from our customers.

We will start carrying more Krusell Clips later this week. Which clips would you like us to carry?
    I've noticed the Krusell cut-out cases are out of stock here at the TC store. Based on feedback on this thread, I'm sure if TC had Krusell make new 650 cases with proper screen cut-out's (to include the side edge covering) these would be a big seller. I'd buy two straight away.

Any chance of this Marcus?

I really don't want to have to take a scalpel to my current enclosed case!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHooligan
    I've noticed the Krusell cut-out cases are out of stock here at the TC store. Based on feedback on this thread, I'm sure if TC had Krusell make new 650 cases with proper screen cut-out's (to include the side edge covering) these would be a big seller. I'd buy two straight away.

Any chance of this Marcus?

I really don't want to have to take a scalpel to my current enclosed case!
    Still showing out of stock???? Any update?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Hi rpungin, yes, as Mtreosexual says, you cannot remove the SD card without first removing the case.

I know that Naked was thinking of modifying the case, though, to allow SD card removal.

Tanster or anyone else:

I am very much in need of a light, nonbulky way to protect my 650. I am leaning towards the classic unit. but want to make sure.

Whoever has one: Are you happy with the unit?

What are the Pro's:
    What are the Cons:

Thanks alot;

If anyone wants to recommend another case please do, but i am leaning towards the Krusell
    My wife has the classic but has a problem with the clip.... the case is great but the clip is not very secure and she is unable to use it. I am not sure if others have this problem, I go no case.
    No problem with the clip here although I broke it once when it got caught on something - that would happen with any belt clip.

I've been fairly happy with mine for the last 6-7 months or so although I wouldn't consider it perfect.
    Pros:
    - Durable construction - hasn't yet ripped or fallen apart anywhere
    - has holes for majority of Treos buttons/screen/etc
    Cons:
    - Material is fairly stiff and pretty much stays that way over time. I have the plastic screen covering the Treo screen and it's never been too stiff to use the touchscreen. It has gotten scratched and worn, so I'm now considering cutting it off and just relying on the screen protector film
    - opening for hotsync/power isn't big enough or positioned quite right. Must remove the case to drop into a charger (probably true for any case).
    - no opening for the SD slot

All in all, I don't regret buying it as it's better than the stock PalmOne psuedo-leather case. I do have to remove it daily to drop in the charger and then whenever I need to pop the sd card or use the reset pin.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    If anyone is interested, I bought the Krussel Classic, and did not use it. Its isnt doing me any good sitting around. I'll let it go for $25 shipped. PM me if interested.
    I like it in a sort of all-purpose way -- I thought I'd be buying one or two others but it has served quite well. the only overall (arguable) negative is I now tend to wear the Treo on my belt rather than putting it in my pocket -- which isn't something I had intended, but it's convenient and the clip is cleverly designed -- very secure and works easily.

the protection is quite good, and the keys work fairly well, the 5-way very well. the biggest minus is those times when you need to press the screen at the edge (for apps that don't use the 5-way, for instance) but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to live with. the workmanship is quite good. another small quibble is with the cutout for the hotsync cable, which usually needs to be pulled back a bit, but that's pretty minor. it covers the SD slot but as others have pointed out many times here, that's arguably as much an advantage as not.

I think almost all cases have tradeoffs. I may eventually try a Vaja-style cutout case, but for now this one is just fine.
  11.    #91  
    Still using my Krusell Classic after all this time!

I do not use the clip anymore since I usually carry my Treo in my purse. I cut away a little bit of the top panel so that I can remove the SD card without having to take the case off.

I am now completely used to having to dig into the plastic near the edges when using the touchscreen. The edges tend to get "de-sensitized" every few months, but going to Preferences > Touchscreen to recalibrate the screen seems to fix the issue.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Still using my Krusell Classic after all this time!

I do not use the clip anymore since I usually carry my Treo in my purse. I cut away a little bit of the top panel so that I can remove the SD card without having to take the case off.
    Curious, did you cut into the case in such a way that you still have some level of protection against accidental ejection of the sd card?

Also, the link in your tagline to your treo pix goes to invalid link. I think I saw a mention of this earlier in the thread or was I dreaming? Would be interesting to see a pic of the cutout you did.

TIA
    This case looks reallly nice.. But I was wondering. Does anyone know of a case like this that does not have ANY clip. I NEVER clip my phone and hate having that big ugly thing sticking out the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylb
    This case looks reallly nice.. But I was wondering. Does anyone know of a case like this that does not have ANY clip. I NEVER clip my phone and hate having that big ugly thing sticking out the back.

You can modify by removing the leather patch to which the clip is attached.Makes it more slim.
    I think I will have to get it. Seems like there are no stylus issues with the plastic piece. Ordering one right now! Thanks guys.
    Is the Krusell case from Pride the same thing as the Krusell from Treo store? or is a copy?
    thanks
    Last edited by sonnytris; 10/24/2005 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnni
    I think I will have to get it. Seems like there are no stylus issues with the plastic piece. Ordering one right now! Thanks guys.

I did just this as another poster suggested and love it. you will still see the stitch holes but the profile is great and it still looks pretty good.
    I removed the leather patch clip form the back but there was some sticky stiff that pulled off some of the leather die. Although not bad could it be touched up with leather stain?
    I gave up on this case (Krussell) a couple of days into using it...

1. the cut outs not aligning, like others mentioned earlier in this thread, got too annoying for me.

2. not enough slack on the clear plastic to use my finger on the edges of the touchscreen - which really is personal prefs

3. its a pain IMHO to access the SD slot without alternation to the case itself or doing the unzip thing which in itself isnt all that ideal just to swap out sd cards.

I found this on fleabay and it PERFECTLY address all the issues I had above...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TREO-650-CELL-PH...QQcmdZViewItem

In fact I now keep a few spares of these cases just in case I can never find them again. I'm surprised I havent seen a review on that case... or maybe I jsut missed it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345