Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rpungin
    http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15388829-S.jpg
    Hmm, looks like it is impossible to take out the memory card without taking the phone out of the case. Is this true?
    That's true .
    On the other hand protects accidental ejection of the SD card.
    tanster - I got the miniclip, but I am looking at other clips for other occasions, is anyone using a car adapter? Also, I went jogging with it (MP3player), did not feel 100% about the tightness of the miniclip, is there others people are using?

Thanks!
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpungin
    Hmm, looks like it is impossible to take out the memory card without taking the phone out of the case. Is this true?
    Hi rpungin, yes, as Mtreosexual says, you cannot remove the SD card without first removing the case.

I know that Naked was thinking of modifying the case, though, to allow SD card removal.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    i have the pre-cutout case too. since the treo650 is a PALM, i do need full access to the screen. It also allows you to easily use your fat fingers directly on the screen too. I have Brando workshop screen protector to protect my exposed screen. Although it will not protect your screen from falling damages, but thats what warranty and insurance is for!

-the bottom cutout for the sync cable/power is small. Its tough putting in the accessories.
    -the side button cutout is covered with plastic. at first, when it was tight, the side buttons used to push themselves in. But now the stretched plastic does push the side buttons anymore.
    -the stylus cutout is too high.. therefore, if your stylus is in all the way, you better have good nails to dig in to take the stylus out.
    -all other cutouts are great for me
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogv6
    i have the pre-cutout case too. since the treo650 is a PALM, i do need full access to the screen. It also allows you to easily use your fat fingers directly on the screen too. I have Brando workshop screen protector to protect my exposed screen. Although it will not protect your screen from falling damages, but thats what warranty and insurance is for!

-the bottom cutout for the sync cable/power is small. Its tough putting in the accessories.
    -the side button cutout is covered with plastic. at first, when it was tight, the side buttons used to push themselves in. But now the stretched plastic does push the side buttons anymore.
    -the stylus cutout is too high.. therefore, if your stylus is in all the way, you better have good nails to dig in to take the stylus out.
    -all other cutouts are great for me
    Any photos you can post? Marcus from TC said in this thread that he'll post photos since mid Feb..but it's March already...so I want to see how will it look.
    Yeah, I'd really like to see some photos of the cutout version...
    When I orderd my case, the cut out version was the only one that Treo Central offerd and I used it for almost a year. I *loved* the plastic over the keyboard--it makes it so much easier to use. I disliked the way they cut out the plastic around the screen. It's not really a screen cut out, but instead there is a strip of plastic over the ear speaker and a strip of plastic over the keyboard. There is no plastic on each side of the screen which allows for some nice scratches on the Treo. The other problem with the cut out is that the plastic wasn't even cut straight. I had to trim the top piece a bit on the right side to reduce the glaring evidence of this problem.

The cut out version would be much improved if the cut out exactly matched the square shape of the screen. I debated getting the covered version however I figured it would be more of a pain to use due to the reduced screen access.

I had to stop using this case when the mutlidapt connector that is physically attached to the leather case failed. I contacted TreoCentral about this and they said there was a one year warranty. When I wrote back asking for a RMA number (as I had only had it for 10 months) my e-mails were ignored.

Now I'm using the Bellagio Lateral Pouch Case (which I had to order direct from Bellagio as TreoCentral says they are "out of stock -- no ETA". Bellagio shipped same day and I am happy with that case for now, except I miss the plastic over the keyboard...

I would most likely purchase another Krusell cut-out case if they would redesign the cut out to just be the same size as the actual screen.

As requested, a couple pictures of the cut-out version are attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #68  
    SoCalVisor, thank you SO much for the pics and the excellent review! The first photo is especially telling -- I assumed that the cutout would be more customized to the size of the Treo's screen, but looks like it isn't.

I know that bkrodgers was asking whether the cutout covered the bezeled edge of the screen, and I hope he'll see your pic to get his answer.

Oh, and I agree with you about the plastic covering the keyboard, I prefer that, too!

tanster
    hmm. Yeah, I'm not sure that's quite what I was looking for. Heck, I think I could to do the cutout just about as well myself. As I posted earlier, getting the cutout version from TC along with the mini-clip (which I have to buy elsewhere) will carry about a $20 premium. I'm far more tempted to just get the regular version from another source for $26 shipped...

Thank you VERY much for the pics! I've been waiting weeks!

-Brian
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me what "Screen Enclosed" vs. "Screen Cut-out" means?
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--145.htm
    Last edited by rpungin; 03/07/2005 at 06:50 PM.
    reungin on the krussel case the screen cut out means that a plastic cover only covers the keyboard area and not the screen

Fred
    Well, I know it's a little late but here are some more pics of the cut-out version. Unlike SoCalVisor I honestly HATE the plastic over the keyboard as you cannot "feel" the keys. I was just starting to be able to type without looking but with the plastic I have to be looking at the keyboard almost all the time. And the "feedback" of the keys just doesn't feel good. This includes the hard keys and especially the 5-way nav. I can't even navigate my way around those without looking. If you notice Palm has put a lot of thought into the shape, placement, and even height of the hard and nav keys. All this is wasted with the plastic. Also I find that when using the 5-way and pushing the down direction, I sometimes inadvertently push the center key. I recently took off the case and haven't put it back except for today for the pics. I am really thinking of cutting out the plasic over the keyboard and even holes over the hard and nav keys. (If anyone knows of someone having done this, please post a link. Thanks.) This is the only way I would actually use this case.

As far as the cutout is concerned, I think I could have done it better myself. As you can see from the pics, the bevel is not at all covered on either side. Also, the case bulges out on the left due to the volume keys pushing on the plastic covering them. Not a huge deal, but notable. And the misaligned hotsync cable hole on the bottom are rather annoying... thinking of adjusting that too.

Other than all that the case is great! I love the low profile and snug feel. The case fits easily into my pocket and feels less likely to slip out while sitting. I actually prefer that the SD card can't pop out too.

And an unexpected plus, the "spring clip" from my Marware iPod case works with the Krussel multidapt system! (see pic)

-tl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by techLove; 03/09/2005 at 01:27 AM.
    Hey tanster- how do you get the pics to show up in the body of the post? Thanks.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by techLove
    Hey tanster- how do you get the pics to show up in the body of the post? Thanks.
    Nice pics, techLove, thanks for posting them!

To display graphics right in the post, first you will need to upload them to the web someplace. For example, my pics are hosted at smugmug.com. Each pic should have a URL assigned to it.

Then, to get this:

http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15760958-M.jpg

I type this:

[IMG]http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15760958-M.jpg[/IMG]

Nice tip about the Marware clip working with the Krusell -- I also have a Marware case for my iPod, so I will definitely check that out!

tanster
    Thanks for the reply tanster. I will definitely do that next time.
    Just received my Krusell screen enclosed case last night. So far I like it but have to agree with maddogv6's critiques.

tanster or anyone else that's had it for a week or two - does the case relax over time? Especially the screen covering (if you have it). I'm half tempted to put it in the oven for awhile
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    It can be a pain sometimes, because I feel like I'm almost slitting open the plastic with my fingernail (too lazy to bring out the stylus) to get to those buttons at the edges! However, I had to do the same thing with the form fit case I got from Dan's, and despite all the fingernail poking, the case and the Treo 650 display have nary a scratch on them. It helps if your most often used apps (for me, that would be DateBk5) take advantage of the Treo's 5-way nav, because that pretty much eliminates the need to tap the screen for anything!

LOL, I have a Boxwave screen protector underneath the Krusell! (I told you I'm obsessive about protection....)

I think this is a matter of personal preference. I actually prefer the plastic covering the keyboard because my fingernail slips off the buttons less. Also, given the keyboard problems reported here at TC, I would like to avoid getting any specs of dust or whatever underneath the buttons.

Now that I've had more of chance to play with this case, I'm liking it a lot.

Why I think the Krusell case is better than the Palm form-fit one I got from Dan's:
    Krusell case protects the corners; Dan's case does not
    Krusell case has instant accessibility to camera; Dan's case has a flap covering the lens, which you must unsnap and fold down before using camera
    Krusell case has cut-out for LED; Dan's case completely covers the LED
    Krusell case seems to have a lower-profile clip attachment than Dan's case
    Tanster, i noticed that you used Boxwave screen protector. I am thinking of buying one as well, but there are 2 versions. the Anti-Glare which some said make the screen looks dull and the Crystal which is prone to smudges. Which of the two do you use currently on your 650? have you had the chance to test both screen types? what is your +/- remarks on them? Thanks

-y0ha
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoha
    Tanster, i noticed that you used Boxwave screen protector. I am thinking of buying one as well, but there are 2 versions. the Anti-Glare which some said make the screen looks dull and the Crystal which is prone to smudges. Which of the two do you use currently on your 650? have you had the chance to test both screen types? what is your +/- remarks on them? Thanks

-y0ha
    Hi y0ha, I have the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector, and I like it a lot. Smudges aren't an issue because I keep my Treo in the Krusell case, over the screen protector! No, I haven't tried the Anti-Glare protector.

You might want to do a search on Boxwave protectors here, there are lots of opinions on them!

tanster
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi y0ha, I have the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector, and I like it a lot. Smudges aren't an issue because I keep my Treo in the Krusell case, over the screen protector! No, I haven't tried the Anti-Glare protector.

You might want to do a search on Boxwave protectors here, there are lots of opinions on them!

Thanks Tanster, i did purchase the Crystal version.
    Very first post,I purchased the Krussell Multiadapt flip case which I was happy with until my phone would turn off everytime I opened the case at first I thought maybe it was the plastic covering the keyboard so I cut out the plastic over the power on/off button which still hasn't worked I searched to see if anyone else had this happen to them,also if I just move the clip in the back or unbutton it to take a pic it powers the phone off.Has this happened to anyone else-----please I have no hair but I'm about to pull my scalp off
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast