Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    just wonder that you should be able to do the cut-out by yourself right?
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    I'm not understanding why TreoCentral can't provide us pictures of something they sell!!!! I'd also REALLY like to know if/when they'll have the mini-clip and/or the spring clip in stock. Tanster, do you like the miniclip on yours?
    The Spring-Clip is in shipment to us, we have not received it yet. Early next week.

The Screen cut-out case looks exactly the same as the enclosed, just that it has a cutout around the screen area. Through the camera it is almost invisable, just like the overall plastic is. But we will get some photos up next week.
    Any thoughts on whether I should return this one and go with another, or attempt to just take an X-acto knife and do my own screen cutout like sonson mentioned????
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Tanster, do you like the miniclip on yours?
    Hi Brian, to be honest, I hardly ever "wear" my Treo -- it's usually just tossed in my purse.

On the rare occasions that I do wear it, though, I like how low-profile the clip is -- it doesn't make the Treo "jut out" the way some other typical clips do. The mini clip keeps the Treo close to the body.

If you like low-profile, I would consider the Big Clip as well, it would seem more secure than the Mini Clip because it is taller.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    But we will get some photos up next week.
    That's great to hear, marcus! Thanks!

tanster
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    But we will get some photos up next week.
    Yay! Thanks Marcus!
    I understand about it not showing up too well, and sorry if my post sounded accusational. Does the cutout come right up to the edges of the screen bezel? I want to make sure it doesn't leave that exposed, since I think it might scratch too easily.

Do you guys have the mini clip (or the big clip, or the car mount) on order as well? I'm hoping to order whatever clip(s) I want to have along with the case, to save on shipping.

I'd also love to know how much further the spring clip sticks out from the case than the mini clip does. I'm still trying to sort out which one I want, but I lean towards the mini-clip.

-Brian
    I'll have pictures of the spring clip tomorrow evening assuming all goes well shipping wise tomorrow.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Well - I'm a newbie, just got my 650 yesterday - spent the past 10 days (before I got treo) trying to figure out what case to get, bought a couple, didn't like them. I kept resisting getting a case that covers the screen but after reading this discussion thread I'm convinced to give it a shot. Just ordered my Krusell case from the link that Tanster posted. Thanks!

I did get thoroughly confused with the clip options so decided to go with the swivel clip.

Thanks again!!
    Anant: Must say I am on my 3rd and looks like FINAL case...everything they said on this thread was right on, got my case today...I LOVE IT. A bit hard to get the corners sometimes but in no way does it slow down my typing. I am very impressed with this case, keeps the Treo slim and very handy.

Kudos to Krussel
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    Anant: Must say I am on my 3rd and looks like FINAL case...everything they said on this thread was right on, got my case today...I LOVE IT. A bit hard to get the corners sometimes but in no way does it slow down my typing. I am very impressed with this case, keeps the Treo slim and very handy.

Kudos to Krussel
    Hi Mark, which clip did you get?

tanster
    Ok everyone... I just dropped my treo out of the 4x4 from my lap and got another couple of scratches on the body, including one big gouge on the corner. NO MORE! Just ordered the cut-out version and will post pics and first impressions as soon as it comes in round the end of the week or first of next. See Ya! -tl
    Any word on the spring clip and/or mini clip being available here?

And any pictures of the cutout version?

And please, can someone tell me if the cutout version completely covers the bezel, or if it leaves some of it exposed?
    Cool, well, it looks like the Spring clip is now available here. However, I think the mini-clip is the one I really want...marcus, will that one be available any time soon?

I'm faced with another question though...I lean towards wanting the cutout version, which is only available here. The version without the cutout is available for $20 elsewhere, including the mini-clip. If I order the cutout version here, I pay $30 plus shipping here, and then have to pay $5 or so plus shipping somewhere else to get the clip I want. Additionally, I can't get the shopping cart here to give me a shipping costs...404 error on http://secure.treocentral.com/store/...6/checkout.php.

So, I can get the version without the cutout for about $26 shipped. Or, I can get the version with the cutout, and order the clip I want elsewhere, for a minimum of $40 plus whatever TC charges for shipping, which I figure has to be at least $6. So I'm looking at about a $20 premium to get the cutout version along with the clip I think I want.

Can anyone help me decide? I really like the idea that the cutout version won't impede my use of the screen, but I also like the idea that the version without the cutout offers an additional layer of protection, not mention that it's $20 cheaper...

-Brian
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have the non-cutout version, and agree with the other opinions. Overall a good case, but the alignment of the bottom cutouts is troublesome. It's particularly difficult to hook up the car charger, but not impossible. My bigger problem, though, is the cutout for the microphone doesn't line up very well. It's mostly covered. I find people on the other end of the phone saying "what? can you repeat that?" pretty often.

I'm debating going with egrips and ditching this case, or possibly just making the cutouts a bit bigger (and slicing off the screen cover.) I'm using a screen protector, so don't think I need the double protection. The only time it's really an issue (for me) is when using the web browser. It's practically impossible to use the scroll bar...
  16.    #56  
    Have you guys seen this case, just added to the TC Store, with a *recessed* plastic cover over the screen?

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/230.jpg

Very interesting....

tanster
    Yeah, very interesting! -- but the antenna wrap-around looks pretty wack
    Wow I like it! I had the Krussel Multidapt case for my 600 and hated that it didnt have a recessed screen. If I go for another case I would bite. I'll wait for some reviews first cause I have never heard of Sydney Harbour before...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Yeah, very interesting! -- but the antenna wrap-around looks pretty wack
    Yeah, Joebar, I agree, that loop-de-loop is kinda weird looking. But...it does give quick access to the SD card, which the Krusell Classic doesn't. Also, I prefer the keyboard be covered, and the Sydney Harbour case doesn't.

Now if only the Krusell Classic had a recessed screen cover, that would be the perfect case....

tanster
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15388829-S.jpg
    Hmm, looks like it is impossible to take out the memory card without taking the phone out of the case. Is this true?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast