Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    It is a special version that we asked Krusell to manufacture, based on the feedback from our customers.

We will start carrying more Krusell Clips later this week. Which clips would you like us to carry?
    Spring Clip. And also, post a picture of the the case that has the cutout for the screen please.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Which clips would you like us to carry?
    Wow, now that's great service!

Personally, I can't decide between the mini-clip and the spring clip. This picture of the spring clip is exactly how I carry my treo:

http://www.krusell.se/images/products/765/2.jpg

I want a strong, low profile clip, and I'm not sure which would be better. Can you give any advice, marcus? I might also be interested in the car holder kit.

The description on the site mentions that the swivel clip is "bundled" with it...is that your bundling or Krusell's? If it's a bundle you put together, is there any possibility that you could allow us to order a different clip instead of the swivel? I realize that might be asking too much, but it doesn't hurt to ask the question.

Finally, what has your feedback been on the version with the cutout? Which one sells better, and do you have a personal preference? If you had a Boxwave screen protector on, would you be comfortable with the protection of that combined with the case with the cutout?

Thanks!
    -Brian
    We ordered some Spring Clips, should be in stock later this week. I have not seen the mini-clip, so can't make a personal recommendation on that.

It is our bundeling of the swivel-clip, but at this point the Sprint Clip and the Leather belt clip will be add-on options.

On the 600 case, the cut-out version outsold the enclosed version by 2:1. Many people do exactly what you suggest, use a screen protector with the cut-out case.
    Cool. Do you also have the mini-clip coming in? I might even just order them both if you've got them coming...am I correct that a clip won't add much to the shipping if I'm already ordering the case?

It sounds like the cutout one may be my best bet. I have a cheapo (but effective) case now that covers the whole screen, and I don't like how hard it is to hit buttons at the edge of the screen. Does the plastic still come right up to the edges of the bezel around the screen? I'd still want that to be fully protected from scratches. Does anyone out there have some real-world experience with the cut-out version? I'd love to hear a testimonial from someone using it out "in the field."

-Brian
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Does anyone out there have some real-world experience with the cut-out version? I'd love to hear a testimonial from someone using it out "in the field."
    I would love to see photos of this case, too!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I gotta quit reading these, now I am going to buy ANOTHER case for my TREO! DOH! "What's that honey....another case arrived....I don't remember ordering that one..."

I'm in trouble again.
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    Go WITHOUT the cover. I've had a Krussle for nearly a year on my 600 and liked it. I will not go with it on my 650, the cutouts are too rough, they will not stretch into place. When you wear it on a belt you'll ding it.

I've moved to "in the pocket", going with a skin cover, may try egrips as well.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Well on my third case I found one I can live with. I am a fanatic about protecting my Palm and in particular the screen. First I had the Palm form fit case...poor cutouts, camera not accessible, sometimes popped off the clip when I sat down, and the damn snap comes undone almost everytime I put the Treo on the belt clip. Then I got the Vaja PA31 case. Terrible idea....why did I buy a smartphone case with a damn flip cover???? Very awkward to talk on the phone... plus I had this problem:

1. Close the flip cover. It presses "0" but no biggie, the Treo's turned off.
    2. Get it my car and turn on the ignition.
    3. Parrot Driveblue wakes up and in turn wakes up my Treo.
    4. Treo sees the "0" pressed and dials.
    5. I hear the Sprint "Operator" message coming from the speakerphone.

Used it one day and tossed it. Got my Krusell case today---cutouts are perfect, it provides great protection, can use all my phone's features in the case, and it looks great too.

It's not perfect. I find the plastic covering the screen and keys is a bit tighter than I would like. But in all it's the best option I see at the moment--best balance of protection and functionality.
    Wow! Great thread! Thanks for the great pics tanster! I've been looking at this case for a while and would really like to see pics of the cutout version to make my decision. I too use screen protectors and pay $5 a month for coverage from Sprint anyhoo so I just want a good fit with moderate scratch protection that I can slip in my pocket.

Sooooo.... IF YOU'VE GOT THE CUTOUT CASE, LET'S SEE SOME PICS PLEEEEASE!
    It is our bundeling of the swivel-clip, but at this point the Sprint Clip and the Leather belt clip will be add-on options.
    Can you describe what the leather belt clip will look like? I am also interested in a model with no sort of clip at all. Could krussell custom make this for me?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried using the Krusell Classic case with eGrips on? I loved the eGrips on my 600, don't want to put them on my 650 yet becasue I'm going on a trip and plan to use the Krusell case - would love to have them both at the same time for flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersleepy
    Can you describe what the leather belt clip will look like? I am also interested in a model with no sort of clip at all. Could krussell custom make this for me?
    Belt Clip:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...s/4-33--23.htm

The knob on the back of the case is removable, only leaving a thin track. You can put the case in your pocket without noticing the track.
    Marcus, what's the latest on the additional types of clips? I'm just about ready to order as soon as the clips are in...I'd also like to see some pics of the cutout version though.

-Brian
  14.    #34  
    tanster
    I just ordered Friday from pcs-ltd.com. I ordered the case and the spring clip. In the comment box I made a small note about how I wanted free shipping. And I got it! I also recieved a call from them saying that my order went through and has been shipped.

Very good service!

Luke
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Bought on ebay for 19.99 plus 6 shipping....
    I am not sure if it has miniclip.........
    I got this case just in today and put it on my new Cingular 650....I love the protection that it provides, and it's pretty low profile without clip (I like to put mine in my pocket mostly). BUT...I can't get over what a problem the screen cover/plastic is.....I read the posts from others saying that you have to press a "little" harder...I have to dig in with the stylus point or press very hard with my finger on touch screen....WHATS UP?? Does it stretch out over time...?? I'm wondering if I got the wrong case...I may have to step up and shell out the bucks for a Vaja. Finding I don't like the screen covered...but also wondering about the Krussell w/ cutout....would love to hear feedback and see a picture!! Any feedback on my case dillema??
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurora
    I got this case just in today and put it on my new Cingular 650....I love the protection that it provides, and it's pretty low profile without clip (I like to put mine in my pocket mostly). BUT...I can't get over what a problem the screen cover/plastic is.....I read the posts from others saying that you have to press a "little" harder...I have to dig in with the stylus point or press very hard with my finger on touch screen....WHATS UP?? Does it stretch out over time...?? I'm wondering if I got the wrong case...I may have to step up and shell out the bucks for a Vaja. Finding I don't like the screen covered...but also wondering about the Krussell w/ cutout....would love to hear feedback and see a picture!! Any feedback on my case dillema??
    It 's very hard . Every case has some or the other problem.
    I bought one as it is very skinny compared to the others. I hardly use my stylus . If you use graffiti this may not be a great choice .With blue tooth headset , you only need to see the screen , so this case has the advantage of instantly seeing rather than opening the flip first.The mini clip also does not add much bulk.
    The case has a "worker" rather than an "executive" look ( Piel framma , Vaja, sena ), but it seems to be the best for now for me
    Oh Vaja 130 bucks and 1 month wait is just too much .
    Try the Sena nonflip case as well.
  19.    #39  
    I agree with everything Mtreosexual said.

If you want to be able to easily tap the far edges and corners of the screen, if you use Graffiti a lot, if you don't like the "plastic look," or if you're looking for a "sexy" case, this Krusell is not the best choice.

But if you want a no-frills play-through case that adds very little bulk and protects all corners, with instant camera access, this is an excellent option!

I am curious, though, about the Krusell with the cut-out -- doesn't anybody here have that case that can post some photos? Pretty please?

tanster
    I'm not understanding why TreoCentral can't provide us pictures of something they sell!!!! I'd also REALLY like to know if/when they'll have the mini-clip and/or the spring clip in stock. Tanster, do you like the miniclip on yours?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast