1.    #1  
    I've seen lots of programs that show maps and let you find intersections or other locations, but does there exist, (or is it even possible to make), a route planning program for the Visor? I.e. something like mapquest, where one would enter a starting address and an ending address and be given directions. I don't know how processor intensive these are...anyone have any info?

~CYMagic
    I don't know of any that would let you do that from the Visor itself. You can use Solis Pro. But you will need to plan the route on your computer then sync the routes to the Visor.
    Isn't that what Route USA/Europe does?
    However, the user reviews at Palmgear have been less than glowing!
    You can subscribe to the MapQuest channel if you use AvantGo. You can input a starting and ending address, and at your next hotsync, you'll get a result with a small map and driving directions.

My employees use it, and one dubbed it the "adventure game" because sometimes out here in California it doesn't pick the most optimal routes. heh
    Originally posted by AndrewB:
    You can subscribe to the MapQuest channel if you use AvantGo. You can input a starting and ending address, and at your next hotsync, you'll get a result with a small map and driving directions.

My employees use it, and one dubbed it the "adventure game" because sometimes out here in California it doesn't pick the most optimal routes. heh
    That doesn't solve the problem of actually generating the route on the Visor. There are lots of mapping software solutions for Palm OS that can create routes, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $all$ $except$ $one$ $create$ $the$ $routes$ $on$ $your$ $PC$ $or$ $from$ $a$ $website$ $and$ $then$ $must$ $be$ $downloaded$. $Route$ $USA$/$Europe$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $one$ $I$ $know$ $that$ $generates$ $the$ $route$ $on$ $the$ $handheld$.
    Obviously, the advantage would be that you wouldn't have to be connected to a pc to create a route on your handheld.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    www.palmtop.nl for Route Europe/USA.
    I think Mapquest always picks the wrong routes! I have used it several times and it always sends me through local roads with the most traffic, instead of on the highways.
    Download avantogo, it will let you download maps from mapquest.com. Go to www.avantgo.com
    and follow the directions. There is other great information that you can get there.

I have been using mapquest for years and have never had a problem, always right on for me. I'm in sales and always travel.