Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted this in the US GSM Carrier Forum also but thought it should be boldly announced here too.

Just call PalmOne and ask for the unlocked version. Express dismay when they tell you it's $699. Tell them you saw it on their site for $599 and won't pay $699 thank you very much. Magically, they'll give it to you for $599.

Enjoy these words of wisdom from the wiseoldman.

You're welcome.
    Did it work for you? Oughta buy about a dozen of 'em and sell 'em on eBay....
    LOL, great. Everyone should just use that line when ordering from palmOne an unlocked 650. They really shot themselves in the foot.
    Sweet! I just did the same! It works! Just tell 'em you saw the price on their web site. He did state they're not sure how long they'll be honoring this.
    jesus, they really screwed this up...not exactly fair to the thousands calling not aware of the price hike. If you're "in the know" you get 100 bucks off, interesting philosophy, lol.
    I found Treo 650 at the Cingular corporate store fo $549 without a contract. But I'm not biting. I've tried the T650 already. There is no going back
    Tried once already no success on second attempt
    OK I may be in luck...Just placed the order she told me it would be $699, which I complained about . then she said she would credit my card for $100 taking it back to $599 + $16 for overnight shipping. woohooo .

Lets see if it is true.

Thanks for the heads up wiseoldman
    Waiting on the email confirmation, cause in all the excitment I may have written the confirmation number down wrong...doh .

How many characters does it have in it? cause when I tried to look it up I get a "There are no orders linked to the order number and ....blah blah" message.

Or am I being to quick off the mark? )
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT
    How many characters does it have in it? cause when I tried to look it up I get a "There are no orders linked to the order number and ....blah blah" message.
    Nevermind I'm a dumba$$ I just looked at all the other posts with order numbers..12 characters
    Thanks for the advice on still getting the $100 off. I just ordered mine. I am being charged the full price, and was told I will be credited the $100 when the order ships. If it doesn't, I am supposed to call them, and its marked on my order. Never posted here before, but have been lurking for a long time. This was a great tip for those of us that waited on odering! Thanks again!
    I guess I should give this a try too. Will report back in a little while with the results of my attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    I guess I should give this a try too. Will report back in a little while with the results of my attempt.
    Are you telling me you have a T 650 in New Delhi India ???
    I wouldn't go for any "$100 back" stuff--$599 plus S&H, or no sale (just like others have done on the day of release). I'm still waiting on VC, but the whole thing has lost its excitement by now.

Todd/Indy
    There wasn't a manager available when I called last night, so he says its the best he could do. By the time I get my credit card bill, I will have already recieved the credit, so it doesn't matter to me how they charge it, as long as I don't pay more. He also marked it on my invoice, in case I need to call up if there is a problem. If I said no sale, who knows if I would have been able to get the $599 price on my next call to order the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Did it work for you? Oughta buy about a dozen of 'em and sell 'em on eBay....
    Wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Are you telling me you have a T 650 in New Delhi India ???
    Not really, I was talking about ordering from the US as I did for my Treo 180, Treo 270 ad Treo 600.
    Just got done ordering the Treo 650 GSM (Unlocked) for $599 including free standard (3-8 business days) free. Yayyy.
    Actually it was almost anti climatically simple.

"
    PalmOne Sales Rep: Would you like to order a Treo 650?

Me: Actually I am a little confused. Last week, about 4 - 5 days ago I saw the Treo 650 listed on your site for $599, this is after my having waited for the Treo 650 for months now. But upon seeing the Estimated shipping time of 'One - Two Weeks' and since I was leaving to go on a trip I decided I'd just order it when I got back. Today, when I went to your site to finally order the phone, you had increased the price to $699.

PalmOne Sales Rep: That is correct sir. May I have your email address.

Me: sanjay@email.com

PalmOne Sales Rep: Immediately, reads out my full name, apparently from a database (prior Treo order I suppose) tracked by email id. Starts collecting and verifying my billing info etc.

Me: [I am wondering, how come this guy has not commented on the price issue at all and is just ignoring the whole opening statement I had made. Somehow, the message I got from this is that he was going to charge the old amount]

PalmOne Sales Rep: Sir! I can give you the phone at $599. Please confirm, an order for 1 Treo 650 with no accessories for a total billed amount of $599.

Me: Are you not going to ask me about the shipping options.

PalmOne Sales Rep: Sorry sir, I missed that, didn't I? Actually, since most people the minute they hear about the 1-2 weeks shipping time do not want to pay the extra amount for overnight shipping. If you want to add Overnight Shipping I would have to take your order again, since I have already finalised this order. The only way is for me to cancel this order and place a new one..... Etc. etc..
    "
    You get the idea. Bottom line, PalmOne I think, is being as nice as they can be, about dealing with this whole price change fiasco.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 02/11/2005 at 12:45 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    if they know about this issue, why on earth do they still offer it at all? they should make it free overnight shipping as an option as well

PalmOne Sales Rep: Sorry sir, I missed that, didn't I? Actually, since most people the minute they hear about the 1-2 weeks shipping time do not want to pay the extra amount for overnight shipping...... Etc. etc..
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Please Ignore
    Last edited by Sanjay; 02/07/2005 at 05:22 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast