Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    if they know about this issue, why on earth do they still offer it at all? they should make it free overnight shipping as an option as well
    Actually I was so thrilled with my exploits (Treo 650 @ $599) that I did not mind him screwing up about the shipping thing. Infact, I actually thanked him and said " you probably just saved me $14.95.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 02/07/2005 at 05:29 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Well...I just called and talked to a lady that I ordered my Treo a day after they increase the price...I want to see if I can get back the $599...she answered that unforunately, they don't offer it anymore and I CAN'T change it...so I just cancelled my order...since I'm in Toronto, why do I want to pay an extra of US$115 after tax when ppl begin to get back their $599 price in here...I'll rather get one elsewhere or via HK then.
    Anyone else ordered their unlocked for $599 recently? I need to call up and order....I have the funds finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Well...I just called and talked to a lady that I ordered my Treo a day after they increase the price...I want to see if I can get back the $599...she answered that unforunately, they don't offer it anymore and I CAN'T change it...so I just cancelled my order...since I'm in Toronto, why do I want to pay an extra of US$115 after tax when ppl begin to get back their $599 price in here...I'll rather get one elsewhere or via HK then.
    I understand your frustration but you may be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even at $699US and even if they charge 15% tax that's still less than the best price I've seen for unlocked GSM from alternate sources. (Oh, except one from a guy on e-bay who is apparently reputable - there's a thread in here by a guy who just got his.) And that's where the other issue kicks in, the warrenty. The phone from e-bay has 15 day warrenty from seller and as a grey-market item appears to have no manufacturers warrenty attached. When you read about things like the defective 'p' key do you really want to take the chance of getting a lemon.

My suggestion is call back and press for the $599 price. If the rep says, call back and press for the $599 price with the next rep. Sounds like eventually you get someone "soft" on price. I've totally had my problem with P1 recently trying to order this and I've found some reps are nicer, easier, more flexible than others, and sometimes you can't take no for answer. (In my case, at one point they entered my shipping address incorrectly one rep said it's impossible to change but I insisted - the address didn't even exist it was just stupid to ship my phone to nowhere - and eventually I got it sorted out - I hope, I'm not counting on anything at this point until the phone arrives.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I understand your frustration but you may be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even at $699US and even if they charge 15% tax that's still less than the best price I've seen for unlocked GSM from alternate sources. (Oh, except one from a guy on e-bay who is apparently reputable - there's a thread in here by a guy who just got his.) And that's where the other issue kicks in, the warrenty. The phone from e-bay has 15 day warrenty from seller and as a grey-market item appears to have no manufacturers warrenty attached. When you read about things like the defective 'p' key do you really want to take the chance of getting a lemon.

My suggestion is call back and press for the $599 price. If the rep says, call back and press for the $599 price with the next rep. Sounds like eventually you get someone "soft" on price. I've totally had my problem with P1 recently trying to order this and I've found some reps are nicer, easier, more flexible than others, and sometimes you can't take no for answer. (In my case, at one point they entered my shipping address incorrectly one rep said it's impossible to change but I insisted - the address didn't even exist it was just stupid to ship my phone to nowhere - and eventually I got it sorted out - I hope, I'm not counting on anything at this point until the phone arrives.)
    Actually, I ordered via phone again..and get the $599 price...if you read my other posts in here...they just have my phone number incorrectly for the last two digits (sixty instead of sixteen).. The status is still in "Order Received" now...wonder when and if it'll change to "Back Order"....as so, I know it should have no problem with the credit checking.
    Thanks! I just place my order via phone for Treo 650 unlock version for $599! (List price is $699, $100 credit when shipping)

All I do is just told the salesman I saw the price is $599 last week, then he automaticly say he can give me $599. Great!
    Ditto for me. I ordered yesterday. Mentioned the $599 online price. He automatically sold the unlocked for $699, with a $100 credit upon shipping...just subject to his manager signing off on the paperwork. Very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by cschin
    Thanks! I just place my order via phone for Treo 650 unlock version for $599! (List price is $699, $100 credit when shipping)

All I do is just told the salesman I saw the price is $599 last week, then he automaticly say he can give me $599. Great!
    if someone had a print out of the web page with the $599 price and palm tried to make them pay the higher 699 price it could get ugly. I have found that here in the US alot of states attorney's general dont take to kindly to this kind of thing as I recall some major retail chains have been sued for large sums of money over this thing. I dont know how the internet has changed things as I have yet to see any major law suits discussed. It almost would be best if P1 just bites the bullet and gives anyone who states the saw the 599 price that deal.

rj
    So it works like $699 with $100 rebate...I think they should put it as a promotion with a short expiry date...it'll be better for them and us.
    tis true. sweet. $599 with free shipping. i was stewing about this and then saw this thread. 22min on hold and an explanation that 'I was out of town' but 'had seen the $599 posted) had one coming my way. No '$100 credit at time of ship' either, just $599.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjflyn
    if someone had a print out of the web page with the $599 price and palm tried to make them pay the higher 699 price it could get ugly. I have found that here in the US alot of states attorney's general dont take to kindly to this kind of thing as I recall some major retail chains have been sued for large sums of money over this thing. I dont know how the internet has changed things as I have yet to see any major law suits discussed. It almost would be best if P1 just bites the bullet and gives anyone who states the saw the 599 price that deal.

rj
    A side by side of the $599 price, then the $699 price :

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/02/palmone_raises_.html
    1 | 2
    Just ordered the unlocked GSM 650 from P1 @ $599 via phone.
    After talking to the CSR, there didn't seem to be any magic or trickery involved.

Basically, he offered it at the current price, which I then asked if the price was correct. He asked what price I've seen it for, which I replied $599. He asked where I saw it, which I replied on P1 website. Then he let me know that P1 wanted to honor the posted price and they would offer it to me for $599.

Simple...in and out in under 5min.

650newb
    -------------
    Team <Unlocked GSM>Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPauzaoNYC
    Ditto for me. I ordered yesterday. Mentioned the $599 online price. He automatically sold the unlocked for $699, with a $100 credit upon shipping...just subject to his manager signing off on the paperwork. Very easy.
    For those that got the $699 with $100 credit deal, do you see any note in your order details about the $100 credit? I got this deal, but when I check the details of my order on P1's site, all I see is my order for $699. Should I start to worry?
    Just receive the email from P1 confirmed that the 100 credit is already add to my credit card.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Anyone tried this lately? Are they still honoring the old $599 if you say you saw it at that price online?

Thanks,

Luis
    I am going to try it today =]
    Quote Originally Posted by cschin
    Just receive the email from P1 confirmed that the 100 credit is already add to my credit card.
    Yes, got the email too. I had to follow-up since I ordered 2 units and they only credited $100 to my account. Followed up, and they eventually gave me credit for the 2nd $100.

Ordered mine on 2/9. Goodluck to those who'll try for this price today =)
    No longer works folks. Called 3 times, spoke with 3 different reps- 2 refused 599 right away, the 3rd one asked the superviser and said he would only honor the price if I had placed an order online for 599 and it would have been canceled by Palm. Should've done it on the first day it came out...
    I bought mine from the Valley Fair Mall here in Santa Clara, CA on Sunday for the higher price. I then noticed this thread yesterday and was really pissed that they are still selling it for $599. So I call p1 last night and argued with them, after a little discussion I said that they should atleast give me some accessories with it since I feel ripped off. He was ready to sell an unlocked 650 for the higher price but with a Bluetooth headset, the unfortunate thing was that I already have the 650, I did not need to buy another one (( . So, if you aren't getting the $100 back.. atleast grab some other goodies.

- Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
    Just placed my order via the telephone with PalmOne....when speaking with the PalmOne store rep (who didn't sound like she knew anything) she kept claiming they would not honor the $599 price and the price was a mistake....

I told her we all knew the price wasn't a mistake....

She paused for a bit and said she would transfer me to service (why service, I have no idea?) Got a lady on the phone (not sure of the name) who said they WOULD honor the price and transferred me directly to someone who took my order. Again, $699 with $100 credit.....they are in stock and it will ship tonight and my 650 will be here tomorrow! ROCK!

So long story short, be persistent, and ask if you can be transferred to someone who can get it done! :P
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 02/17/2005 at 12:17 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast