1.    #1  
    i asked ths question months ago, and got no, count 'em no replies... so i thought, now that ther're more satisfied visorites on this site, maybe someone can help me.

is there out there, somewhere, anywhere, a palm os version of the old board game RISK? boy did i love that game, and i remember it translating really well to black and white computers (read: my old mac classic).

anyway, if you know of something like this, pleeeeease lemme know.

------------------
    matty
    i like bananas.
    I've been looking for the same thing! I would love to be able to play RISK on my Visor! So far I haven't found anything. If someone has, please reply!
    http://www.palmspot.com/software/det...278a_9824.html

you could try Pocket General (there's a joke there, but this is a family site )
    Try conqueror, that looks like your type of game.
  6.    #6  
    okay, i've downloaded all three of these demo versions...

hoser: what's up? pgeneral is nothing like risk... although it's a cool game - just not what lennon or i are looking for.

biz: conqueror is a very basic risk clone, but the interface and design just look so dumb i can't bring myself to play it.

jack: hexwar looks good, but it causes a fatal exception every time i try to run it... even with no hacks. have you gotten the demo to work ok on your visor? if so, how? if not, does the registered version work? i'm willing to buy without trying it if you can assure me its awesome.

------------------
    matty
    i like bananas.
    sorry matty,

i heard 'risk type game' and saw PocketGeneral on PalmSpot recently and made the assumption...etc.

once again, as the say goes, never make an assumption because you make an *** of u and mption.
    Matty,

I'm a registered Hexwar user. I had no problem running either the demo or the full game on my Visor. I also recommend it. Try emailing the president of the company that makes Hexwar (Grogsoft):
    "Gregory Babineau" <babs@ix.netcom.com>
    and telling him about your problem. He answers his messages, although it might take a couple of days.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    *bump*

Also looking for a risk type game.

Anyone remember "global wars" from the good ol' BBS days?

ftp://archives.thebbs.org/door_games...-k/gwarv26.zip

Where are all the palm developers out there?
    Try this onehttp://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?sid=52698620011127044547&prodID=20354
    Jeff
    An easier link is:World War

I've attached a screen shot - it's the closest I've ever seen. I'm downloading it now!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PDAENVY; 12/13/2001 at 12:07 PM.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    An easier link is:World War

I've tried to attach a screen shot - it's the closest I've ever seen. I'm downloading it now!
    Sorry about the crappy link, I never took the time to learn about those link things...
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Sorry about the crappy link, I never took the time to learn about those link things...
    No problem, but it's really easy. Click the 'http://' button above where you enter your reply, type the words in the pop-up box, click ok, paste the link into the next pop-up box, click OK.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    OMG.

let it be known that the people here are AMAZING!

wish i was at home right now so I can sync it up and play... stupid work computers.. =)
    Testing

If this works, thanks PDAENVY, if not, then back to Square One