View Poll Results: is your 650 unstable? freezes, resets, crashes etc?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

43 50.00%
  • no

43 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IamFromFuture
    Hey, you get what you paid for ... TREO 650 IN IS THE EXPECTION CATEGORY.
    -Do they speak another language in the future?
    I've never read anything that made less sense.
    I think that a lot of problems have to do with 3rd party apps and older versions of Palm software left over on the PC (like upgrading from a Treo 600). With all the horror stories, I did a complete cleanup of all Palm crap from my PC and reinstalled with the CD that came with my 650 like I had never had a Palm device before. I got the sync working with Outlook before I installed anything, and I installed things one at a time and carefully. Some developers are better than others, and some have very sloppy installs that leave files all over the place. Read all the readme files carefully and do some research to see if you have the latest version and if that version supports/has been tested with the Treo650. Resist the temptation of installing old programs "because you liked them" unless they have been updated to be compatible with the 650. I backup often in case I need to do a hard reset, but so far so good. I am running:

Chatter (excellent push mail solution)
    Converter (like from miles to kilometers)
    eReader 2.5.3
    eWallet 4.01
    FileMan 3.0
    Graffiti Anywhere 1.5.7
    KB Lights
    LEDOff
    Loan Pro 3.0
    MobileDB 4.x
    RealPlayer
    TideTool (for sea tides)
    Versamail 3.0 (I got it to work aonsistently fter some tweaking)

I tried Cingular Xpress Mail and the SMS alerts were just not coming over consistently, so I gave Chatteremail a try and I like it. Versamail is important to sync with the PC and to create the accounts on the PC and sync them over - there is a bug in Versamail somewhere, and its not 100% stable. In my case I found out that every time I asked it to remove the email from the server (uncheck the Leave email on server box) after 1 or 2 attempts I could only download 1 mail at a time, and then it would stop with an error. I checked the box (to leave the mail on the server) and checked the delete mail in server when deleted in Versamail box, and it works now. Its not a solution, just a workaround.

Other than that all the phone functions have worked fine, and it hasn't rebooted on me once.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseguy
    That is because you can only smell but not read!
    hayes,

I use Agendus and Zlauncher (current versions) and have never had that problem ever.

(we have over 50 people running that config without issue with those apps)

I think the issue is something else.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Bcaslis,

I have used Agendus extensively on my 650...it is actually more stable than many other apps.

I track all the resets, and have never had one due to Agendus, and I use it more than any other app.

This talk about Agendus being "offending" on the 650 us just poppycock.

Iambic (makers of Agendus) are very responsive to any issues. 9.02 works great.
    I agree Agendus works fine.

Versamail has caused numerous freezes and resets. Big Time.

Well all i want is rock solid phone.
    ...and like chris rock says 'two plus two is jello'
    Hey, you get what you paid for ... TREO 650 IN IS THE EXPECTION CATEGORY.
    -I must be in is expectional.
    -I must be in is expectional.

OK, OK, OK. Let me correct my typo-

Hey, you get what you paid for ... TREO 650 THE EXPECTION CATEGORY IS IN.
    No, not poppycock. Go the Iambic Support Discussion board and see how many people have had and are having problems. Consider yourself lucky....

Are you using Agendus Mute (muting function in meetings)?
    Are you letting Agendus handle Alarms?
    Are you letting the native program handle SMS?

These three are the most common issues. There are more.
    Iambic has a horrific track record of unstable releases. Look at 9.0, 9.01...why do you think 9.02 was necessary.

That being said, I depend on Agendus as much as I depend on my PDA and it is a shame that I had to go through 9.0 and 9.01 crashes and resets before stabilizing with 9.02.

Bcaslis,

I have used Agendus extensively on my 650...it is actually more stable than many other apps.

I track all the resets, and have never had one due to Agendus, and I use it more than any other app.

PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    OK, OK, OK. Let me correct my typo-

Hey, you get what you paid for ... TREO 650 THE EXPECTION CATEGORY IS IN.
    Don't they teach English in Malaysia? What the hell is EXPECTION? If you're new to the language, use a freakin' spellchecker or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    Don't they teach English in Malaysia? What the hell is EXPECTION? If you're new to the language, use a freakin' spellchecker or something.

Hey, you get what you paid for ... TREO 650 IS IN THE EXCEPTION CATEGORY.

OK WISE GUY...ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
    I don't have any personal experience with Agendus (as I said). I have seen it reported in many threads and only brought it up to give the author of the thread some ideas to check.

I have seen lots of people complaining about Versamail also. I'd had zero problems with it however.

Lots of people seem to love Verichat but it was unmitigated disaster for me. It would never work for MSN at all, when I tried to delete it, it messed up with my ability to send via bluetooth so bad that I had to hard reset to restore things. Since I got rid of it, I've had zero problems.

Bcaslis,

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    The best way to get stability to get rid of everything and add one thing at a time to see when the problems start.

Based on what I've heard on this forum though, the first I would do is get rid of Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    I agree Agendus works fine.

Versamail has caused numerous freezes and resets. Big Time.

Well all i want is rock solid phone.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Based on what I've heard on this forum though, the first I would do is get rid of Butler.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    On Friday I spent an hour that I think will really pay itself off....

I did a hard reset...and started all over from a 'clean' plate...

The only programs that I put back on again were;
    * BackupBuddy
    * Documents To Go
    * KBLights Off
    * Power Run
    * Treo Alarm
    * VeriChat
    * Warfare Incorporated
    * Win-Hand

(On the card):
    * Card Export II
    * Directory Assistant
    * Filez
    * Splashphoto
    * Strategic Commander
    * WiFile

Sounds like a long list but it was amazing to see how many files never got deleted when I 'thought' I had deleted the original applications. For now this is pretty much it.
    With the help of PowerRun I have about 9 meg left of internal memory

Still trying to figure out what email and agenda program I will eventually use...

Leaning towards SnapperMail for email and MAYBE Agendus for calendar, etc...will see..

Oh - and so far..not a single crash (and I had several ones a day)!!
    LOL. That was too entertaining. I think it's worth quoting here:

<ENTIRE KEYBOARD> KEY OF DOOM !!! *long*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm about to go crazy.

Some of you may have read my last adventure, where I had my 650 fail on me 4 or so ways in the most BASIC and NATIVE levels of the device

That was three days ago.

Today:

Left my Treo in the Car- "phone cameras banned from event".

Came back to car (covered parking garage). Headed home.

Called Girlfriend: LOST CALL CAN'T HEAR LOST CALL CAN'T HEAR... etc.

Forget it.

Managed to Get lost- Tried to get directions ANNNNDD..... Keyguard not working. Keyboard not working. Ahhh... Here it is... 5 way nav key feels like the "P" key (Last 2 replaced phone's problems).

Instead of my "P" key (which is still soft), now my 5-way nav key is permanently depressed. That means- no keyguard, no keyboard, no backlight.

Soft resets/Hard Resets, nothing - This IS a PHYSICAL PROBLEM.

I keep my unit in a case in my pocket. I have a screen protector. I treat it like a little baby chick. I have had THREE Phones break down in THREE WEEKS.

The use on these phones was about 3% of what I would normaly expect from a phone/pda/sack of dirt. Translation: I treated these LIGHTLY. It was a bleedin' WEEK PER PHONE PEOPLE.

What the heck is going on here? Sprint will probably once again happily replace it. BUT I AM NOT GOING THERE EVERY WEEK.

I either have the worst batch of phones in history or I'm on to a problem here. Now before you start calling me a pessimist and saying how great it is you run your 4 programs and I should stop using my 3rd-party blockout game, remember I am having some serious PHYSICAL issues with my phone(s) (With numerous software and os issues as a side dish)

Put yourself in my "Flexiskin"...

Should I just go buy a landline and abacus and shut up?

And to those that have no issues and life is just rosy and you think everything's great:

To quote a pessimist: There's always tomorrow...

Watch out... You might end up on this thread.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Most of these comments are inline with my experience. I haven't had any problems, but I am sticking to apps that have been updated specifically for the Treo 650. I do use the newest version of Butler, 2.71 I think, and haven't had any problems. Gotta say, Versamail works great for me, no problems with the Autosync either.
    No more resets since I my software was updated by the software developers. However, I can't stop aliens from contacting me and wasting my minutes. Anyone have a solution for this?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    he's doing the herman munster thing
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast