Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to start a thread so the people who ordered the unlocked gsm could get an idea when their phone would ship. If your order status changed (ie. unit shipped) could you reply with a post of
    1) when your unlocked GSM unit was shipped and
    2) what your order number was (or date/time your order processed).

...I've got nothing better to do and I thought I could watch the pot to see if it boils faster!

Order #050201-2097xx processed 2/01/2005 08:51:30 PM
    Last edited by roonolium; 02/05/2005 at 09:12 PM.
    remember people, only those who ordered UNLOCKED treo 650, NOT from cingular/attws/sprintpcs

*no offence on the size of font, but it seems that some people has a problem reading and understanding the topic
    he he he...so true, wolwol.
    Here's to keeping this thread "unlocked," getting our unlocked GSM Treo 650's very soon, & keeping our sanity!!
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Has anyone's order status changed or received their UNLOCKED gsm treo 650?
    Nope, same cheesy order status...at least New England is winning...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Not I...my order status still says Order Received even though the p1 CSR said her computer said my order status was Backordered.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Still backordered and I'm running out of patience.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Back ordered..............
    Can we keep the "my 650 is still on backorder" posts in the "I ordered" thread?

Man, this forum has the worst case of thread-creep I have ever seen.

Does NOBODY read titles around here?
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    Can we keep the "my 650 is still on backorder" posts in the "I ordered" thread?

Man, this forum has the worst case of thread-creep I have ever seen.

Does NOBODY read titles around here?
    Hey hey hey....
    We are all waiting for that damn thing to be shipped.First of all it was foolishness to start a thread when no one has received confirmation for shipping from P1.
    Even if someone did that, don't whine about the fact that people are checking their status few times a day and reporting here as the other thread is messed by cingular guys .This just confirms that we are in the same boat at the present time. The title of the thread was misleading adn made me think that somone has their unlocked unit shipped is posting info.
    Also this is the only thread where you can discuss the status of unlocked treo 650. Even when some will have there units shipped, others will be in backordered status, so it is not bad idea to report status of delivery .......
    Take it easy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Hey hey hey....
    We are all waiting for that damn thing to be shipped.First of all it was foolishness to start a thread when no one has received confirmation for shipping from P1.
    Even if someone did that, don't whine about the fact that people are checking their status few times a day and reporting here as the other thread is messed by cingular guys .This just confirms that we are in the same boat at the present time. The title of the thread was misleading adn made me think that somone has their unlocked unit shipped is posting info.
    Also this is the only thread where you can discuss the status of unlocked treo 650. Even when some will have there units shipped, others will be in backordered status, so it is not bad idea to report status of delivery .......
    Take it easy....
    I was posting mostly in jest. I just think each of these threads are hillarious. They don't track any information. They only serve to get people worked up.

Yeah. The thread shouldn't have been opened until there was actual confirmation about someone's unlocked 650 shipping. I could very well open a thread entitled "Palm0ne announces specs on the Treo 865!!!!" and say it was "just for whenever they do."
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Stupid question maybe..but if they don't have them (unlocked 650s)...why do they even put them up in their store for sale??? The only possible thing that can happen is people get pissed off. Seems pretty dumb to me.

Palm here is an award winning (and proven) marketing plan:

1) order goods from manufacturer
    2) wait for goods to "arrive" and train people to take orders
    3) advertise goods on e-commerce site
    4) take orders, ship goods.

It's really not rocket science. I have found this whole 650 launch to be absolutely mind boggling. Who's running this company?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Who's running this company?

nobody? i think the head has stepped down right?
    maybe that's the cause of the delay?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  16.    #16  
    It's 10am on the 9th, I just talked to P1 cs and they said the unlocked orders would begin shipping in two to eight days. He also said orders would be shipped in the order received. Not much new, but hopefully we'll start seeing them on saturday????
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Lies! This crap will never ship!

Might as well wait for the Treo 650+ with the 64MB RAM and more stable OS which will cost $699 by the time it comes out
    Actually I had to call this morning to confirm a shipping address correction from yesterday. The woman said "yup we have the new information right here and the shipping department has confirmed that it's on the shipping slip that way in the warehouse." I mention this because to me it sounds like the phones are already picked and packed meaning they're sitting in the warehouse waiting for some magical light to turn green.

Before I was reluctant to believe that Cingular was a 2 week priorty window but now I'm beginning to think that's case.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Actually I had to call this morning to confirm a shipping address correction from yesterday. The woman said "yup we have the new information right here and the shipping department has confirmed that it's on the shipping slip that way in the warehouse." I mention this because to me it sounds like the phones are already picked and packed meaning they're sitting in the warehouse waiting for some magical light to turn green.

Before I was reluctant to believe that Cingular was a 2 week priorty window but now I'm beginning to think that's case.
    I think you have it EXACTLY RIGHT! IMO Anyone who's order is in 'Backorder" status and who's credit card has had a pending charge placed...has been picked, packed and is now just sitting there on the shipping dock...waiting for Cingular's 'priority' shipping window to expire...then the flood gates will be opened...and the unlocked 650 will ship
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins

but yours still says "backordered"?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast