Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    We are waiting for our unlocked version. Getting one from a Sprint or Cingular store would provide us with a Treo 650 that is locked to the particular company and service. I am with T-Mobile and am waiting for my unlocked Treo 650 to use with it. My alternative would be either to change service to one of the above mentioned providers and get a phone today, wait a few months when the T-Moble model emerges, or just keep using my T3 with my Sony Ericcson T610. And frankly if my employer wasn't paying for the unlocked 650 I would probably take one of these options.

Today is my official one week, so I have until next Thursday to wait. Tonight my DPUG will show off her Treo 650 (with Sprint). I was hoping to have mine tonight but no such luck. At least when I get mine, I'll have the option to use it on T-Mobile, Verizon, Cingular, Rogers, etc whichever is best for me at the end of my T-Mobile agreement in April 2005.
    Let us all know how your gsm Treo works on Verizon. I am curious to know why you think you will be able to run it on their network.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Care to elaborate on that? Did you order a Cingular phone through them or did the note say all PalmOne phones?
    What I got was an e-email offering to sell me a Cingular phone with an upgrade discount, IFF I placed the order within two weeks from yesterday. After that no upgrade discount. I conclude that some special relationship with Cingular will last for at least, but probably not to exceed, 14 days, i.e., Feb. 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by teknic88
    Can anybody tell me the difference between waiting and waiting for P1 when you can actually pick the Treo 650 up from either a Sprint or Cingular store?
    That is what they want you to do. That, plus the price are the incentives to lock yourself into Sprint or Cingular. We are waiting and paying a higher price for freedom.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Everyone check your e-mail! Palm just sent an order confirmation today so I am assuming that it will actually ship out soon!

Dear Louie Tran:

Thank you for ordering from palmOne Sales. This email confirms that
    your order 050202-22XXXX began processing on 02/02/05. You will not be
    charged for the item(s) that you ordered until you receive an e-mail
    confirming that they have been shipped.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    ..yup, got it...
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    Everyone check your e-mail! Palm just sent an order confirmation today so I am assuming that it will actually ship out soon!

Dear Louie Tran:

Thank you for ordering from palmOne Sales. This email confirms that
    your order 050202-22XXXX began processing on 02/02/05. You will not be
    charged for the item(s) that you ordered until you receive an e-mail
    confirming that they have been shipped.

Got my conf as well. Anyone else kicking themselves for going with "standard ground"? i tried calling and upgrading to o/n, but no go. So whats another few days right?
    I ordered with Overnight, so lets hope that pays off so some of us can get it before the weekend.
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
    Count me in as well.

Exact duplicate of the email I received dtd 2/01.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I got the same email too .. seems goofy as it refers back to the date you ordered on.
    What is annoying is that I guess the P1 store in SJose apparently has unlocked ones .. albeit at $699 + CA tax.

Anyone called P1 to see what the latest email really means? ... this sure is a clueless company!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor No
    Count me in as well.

Exact duplicate of the email I received dtd 2/01.
    same email with overnight shipping
    The previous "Advanced Sale" (backorder) notice said that:

"Once the product is available for processing, you will receive a new order confirmation email."

So this means that the product is available. The status page also says that "Order Processing" means that the product will ship in 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Did you order a Cingular phone from them? What is your order number?

It was me who talked to Ashley and posted her Saturday claim. I'm going to have to call tomorrow and see if the answer changed.
    Ashley sure does get around, doesn't she .... I wonder if she is HOT !!
    Thanks,

np
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp
    Ashley sure does get around, doesn't she .... I wonder if she is HOT !!
    Hot or not, she seems to have what all of us guys need.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    same email with overnight shipping
    I also got the email, and checked my credit card. The Temp charge has been removed but it is not showing charged. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    I got the email also but <sniff> it still shows "backordered" on the website.
    I got the mail as well, but the website still stays back ordered. Hopefully that will change soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    Got my conf as well. Anyone else kicking themselves for going with "standard ground"? i tried calling and upgrading to o/n, but no go. So whats another few days right?
    The way I read that message, all it does is reset the two-week cllock to zero.
  18. MMT
    I got the same email. Just called P1, and was told that the email was sent because the status of my order changed from "backordered" to "allocated." There's no such status on the order status web page, which still shows "backordered," but the rep assured me that this means my 650 will ship in the next 1-2 days. Not holding my breath...
    Got the same email...I won't hold my breath either but if they ship in the next few days that'd be suh-weet!
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    I also got the email, and checked my credit card. The Temp charge has been removed but it is not showing charged. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
    I just noticed the same thing on my end. The temp charge has been lifted... (My vaja case though has already been charged - I guess they like to charge before they ship...)

So everyone, check your cards!

Mike

please let it ship tonight.... please let it ship tonight.... please let it ship tonight.... please let it ship tonight.... please let it ship tonight.... please let it ship tonight.... please let it ship tonight.... please let it ship tonight....
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast