Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    but yours still says "backordered"?
    What else would they possibly put on the website? "A shipping label with your name & address is on the box in our warehouse...but we're just holding the order to f_ck with you!"

I would've rather have kept on waiting in the dark than to have gotten my hopes up by getting on what is essentially an open-ended paid waiting list.

What can we do to express our displeasure? Now that it's been a week, everybody who's got a "backordered" treo should call Palm on a daily basis just to give back what we're getting. It might not speed things up at all, but at least they'll be feeling our pain...
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Stupid question maybe..but if they don't have them (unlocked 650s)...why do they even put them up in their store for sale??? The only possible thing that can happen is people get pissed off. Seems pretty dumb to me.
    Do not ask us why P1 does anything. We are the first to sympathize but the last to understand. They are simply "customer impaired."
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    .....Man, this forum has the worst case of thread-creep I have ever seen.
    Perhaps. Perhaps the thread is simply untimely. It is 2/8 and P1 just sent me a not that they are going to maintain their special relationship with Cingular for two more weeks. Try this thread again in March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    but yours still says "backordered"?
    Yup. And after my first 2 online orders were strangely cancelled I'm okay with backordered... for now.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I'm noticing that everyone's orders begin with 200xxx. These include people who've put in orders via the WWW on 2/1/05. I put in my order via the phone on 2/4/05 and my order is 050204-1434xx. Does this somehow mean that I'm *ahead* of everyone else? Would love to think that (ducks).

Thanks

PS: I've been following this board for about a year now, and registered just today because I had to post. Keep up the good work and collaboration.
    Just called p1 CS and Ashley told me they don't know exactly when the unlocked GSMs will ship. All she said was the latest my order will ship will be 2/16 since I placed my order on 2/2...argh, this is so frustrating - especially, since they've been released all over Hong Kong. DAMN CINGULAR!!!

Anyways, I was hoping I'd get the same answer as Macuser (or was it Boobookins?) - i.e., that they'd ship this Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by srlondon
    ........What can we do to express our displeasure? Now that it's been a week, everybody who's got a "backordered" treo should call Palm on a daily basis just to give back what we're getting. It might not speed things up at all, but at least they'll be feeling our pain...
    I have already done everything short of violence. They are sleaze and I refuse to resort to violence for such people. They are simply resistant to everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by pramit
    I'm noticing that everyone's orders begin with 200xxx. ...
    Oh really? Not mine. Mine is 228xx. That must make you feel really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by pramit
    I'm noticing that everyone's orders begin with 200xxx. These include people who've put in orders via the WWW on 2/1/05. I put in my order via the phone on 2/4/05 and my order is 050204-1434xx. Does this somehow mean that I'm *ahead* of everyone else? Would love to think that (ducks).
    Nope. The first 6 digits of mine are 050201-... So while the second half of yours is lower, your overall order number is much higher.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    DAMN CINGULAR!!!
    Damn P1. They have played games with both Sprint and Cingular. Do you believe that Cingular and Sprint are conspiring against you? Occam's Razor says prefer the simplest explantion. P1 is common to both deals plus 600.
    Last edited by whmurray; 02/09/2005 at 07:35 PM.
    Don't attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Don't attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity!
    I am always more than ready to give P1 the benefit of stupidity. However, when it comes to who is the more stupid, I will defend Cingular.

That said, it is difficult to give the benefit of consistent stupidity. How many stupid moves does one accept before beginning to suspect malice?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    ...and P1 just sent me a not that they are going to maintain their special relationship with Cingular for two more weeks.
    Care to elaborate on that? Did you order a Cingular phone through them or did the note say all PalmOne phones?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Just called p1 CS and Ashley told me they don't know exactly when the unlocked GSMs will ship. All she said was the latest my order will ship will be 2/16 since I placed my order on 2/2...DAMN CINGULAR!!!
    Did you order a Cingular phone from them? What is your order number?

Anyways, I was hoping I'd get the same answer as Macuser (or was it Boobookins?) - i.e., that they'd ship this Saturday.
    It was me who talked to Ashley and posted her Saturday claim. I'm going to have to call tomorrow and see if the answer changed.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Can anybody tell me the difference between waiting and waiting for P1 when you can actually pick the Treo 650 up from either a Sprint or Cingular store?
    Quote Originally Posted by teknic88
    Can anybody tell me the difference between waiting and waiting for P1 when you can actually pick the Treo 650 up from either a Sprint or Cingular store?
    We are waiting for our unlocked version. Getting one from a Sprint or Cingular store would provide us with a Treo 650 that is locked to the particular company and service. I am with T-Mobile and am waiting for my unlocked Treo 650 to use with it. My alternative would be either to change service to one of the above mentioned providers and get a phone today, wait a few months when the T-Moble model emerges, or just keep using my T3 with my Sony Ericcson T610. And frankly if my employer wasn't paying for the unlocked 650 I would probably take one of these options.

Today is my official one week, so I have until next Thursday to wait. Tonight my DPUG will show off her Treo 650 (with Sprint). I was hoping to have mine tonight but no such luck. At least when I get mine, I'll have the option to use it on T-Mobile, Verizon, Cingular, Rogers, etc whichever is best for me at the end of my T-Mobile agreement in April 2005.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by srlondon
    What else would they possibly put on the website? "A shipping label with your name & address is on the box in our warehouse...but we're just holding the order to f_ck with you!"
    LMAO!

I can't see them doing that, but it would probably be more accurate than "Backordered"

...mine is backordered.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    i spoke to PlamOne yesterday. Rep said they will be shipping in the next few days and that he knew of someone who had already received his.

Sounds a bit like the Scots who thought the Russians were invading becuase he said he heard from someone esle that he had seen snow on someone elses boots.
    The PalmOne reps are just giving us a lot of bull. When I placed my order on the 7th the rep told me that lots of people had already gotten their GSM Unlocked Treo 650s and had told him so. This he said to me in response to my worrying whether I shall be able to receive the phone by the end of the month considering the rep forgot to put the Overnight Shipping as I had asked for. Basically to me it seemed that the rep simply wanted to avoid cancelling the order and doing it all over again so he wanted to convince me not to worry and that the phones were shipping a lot sooner than the 1 - 2 week stated shipping period.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    At least when I get mine, I'll have the option to use it on T-Mobile, Verizon, Cingular, Rogers, etc whichever is best for me at the end of my T-Mobile agreement in April 2005.
    How do you plan to use a GSM phone on a CDMA (vzw) network?
    1 | 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast