Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Arghhh ... I didn't mean to delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Oh, I agree with you 100%. It's obvious that it hasn't left the building and will on today's pick up.
    will palm1 send you the tracking number eventually? or do you have to call?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    I ordered my unlocked Treo 650 on Tuesday, got the shipping email last night at 7:30 and just received the phone. This is going to be a great weekend

Skippy
    Skippy:

If you're telling the truth (and I don't have any reason to doubt that you are) then please post some pics to prove you are the first lucky recipient of an unlocked P1 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Skippy:

If you're telling the truth (and I don't have any reason to doubt that you are) then please post some pics to prove you are the first lucky recipient of an unlocked P1 650.

dude, check the other thread
    he had posted some pictures there
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Skippy:

check this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=37&pp=20

make sure scroll down a little
    Nahhhh ... pictures shmictures! He bought it from a store. He's just bustin' your chops. (J/K of course, I have no idea).
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    check this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=37&pp=20

make sure scroll down a little
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Nahhhh ... pictures shmictures! He bought it from a store. He's just bustin' your chops. (J/K of course, I have no idea).
    lol!
    and he even made up all those FeDex tracking # and locations!
    Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    FedEx delivers on saturday in most places..you should see it tomorrow morning with your coffee!
    PalmOne would have had to upgrade shipping to Priority overnight Saturday delivery to get it on Saturday, something the won't do, and have no need to spend the money for. This would cost PalmOne $10 extra (or whatever their negotiated rate may be) for Saturday delivery, plus FedEx requires Priority shipping for Saturday deliveries (unless it is shipped two day on Thursday for Saturday delivery), an additional upgrade cost. Standard overnights shipped on Friday ALWAYS are delivered the following Monday. Sorry to burst anyones bubble, but FedEx won't be knocking anytime Saturday. Truth be told so no one is wating around tomorrow thinking the Purple and Orange will pull up. Sad but true.
    Last edited by shfawaz; 02/11/2005 at 03:37 PM.
    shf
    My order now says "Shipped" on the Website. Maybe I will get it tommorow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    will palm1 send you the tracking number eventually? or do you have to call?
    My understanding is that you can get it from the order status on their web site. Of course, that requires that the order show as shipped. For most of us it still show as back ordered.
    Gotta love PalmOne's web interface. My order says 'Shipped' even though each item on the order (Treo, Weather, Lifestyle) is listed as 'Back Ordered'.

Oh well, I expect it to show up here on Monday. Hmm... on Valentine's Day... seriously bad timing.

/duckman
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    I got the shipping email last night around 12:13 am MST, all night status was backordered and in the last 45 minutes it has been changed to shipped!

**It hasnt been delivered yet and I'm thinking it won't be here till Monday..I'm in Canada
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just recieved an email from PalmOne Sales with some "helpful" tips and a welcome into the treo Family. On a hunch, i checked my status, which had been Backordered all day (even though I got the shipped email like eleven hours ago)

Sho'nuff, my status now says Shipped. But, like Duckman, the itemized list is still BO.

Curious. I think all these orders are wearing on their servers. I'd really hate to be the IT manager at PalmOne right about now.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    I also just got the e-mail "IMPORTANT: Getting started with your new Treo" , I looked at my itemized list and everything shows "shipped"
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Frustrating... mine just shipped overnight today, and I'm going away tomorrow for a week. There is even supposed to be decent GSM coverage in the British Virgin Islands, at least where I'll be the first couple of days. Oh well, guess I'll just have to be satisfied with my girlfriend and some margaritas on the beach, no new phone toy to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    I just recieved an email from PalmOne Sales with some "helpful" tips and a welcome into the treo Family. On a hunch, i checked my status, which had been Backordered all day (even though I got the shipped email like eleven hours ago)

Sho'nuff, my status now says Shipped. But, like Duckman, the itemized list is still BO.

Curious. I think all these orders are wearing on their servers. I'd really hate to be the IT manager at PalmOne right about now.
    Same here. Status shipped, but the items still shoe backordered. Fingers crossed for Monday delivery. Loooooooong weekend! On the flip side, I will be very interested to see if the call quality is any different compared to my locked Cingular 650 when I insert my Cingular sim. Cheers
    Subject: IMPORTANT: Getting started with your new Treo
    Date: Fri 02/11/05 04:52 PM

Welcome to the Treo family. Here are a few things to help get your new
    Treo(TM) smartphone up and running. IMPORTANT: Please save this email
    and refer to it when you receive your Treo smartphone.

My status changed to shipped; however, my card has not been charged yet.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    Did you read the section on how to find your own phone number:

1) Some service providers program your phone number on your SIM card. To read your number off the SIM, place the SIM in your Treo smartphone, turn wireless mode on, open the lid, bring up the phone application menu, and choose Options -> Phone Info.

Sheesh. Open the lid. When were these instruction updated last, when Treo 270 was an hot item?

/duckman
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Subject: IMPORTANT: Getting started with your new Treo
    Date: Fri 02/11/05 04:52 PM

Welcome to the Treo family. Here are a few things to help get your new
    Treo(TM) smartphone up and running. IMPORTANT: Please save this email
    and refer to it when you receive your Treo smartphone.

My status changed to shipped; however, my card has not been charged yet.
    got the email too. summary screen says shipped, detail screen says shipped, tracking information tab is active and has my tracking number from fed ex.

Clicked on tracking number and FedEx says "No scan record for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact"

At least things are progressing. On Monday, I will try and leave work early...Dr. appt.... yeah thats it.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Did you read the section on how to find your own phone number:

1) Some service providers program your phone number on your SIM card. To read your number off the SIM, place the SIM in your Treo smartphone, turn wireless mode on, open the lid, bring up the phone application menu, and choose Options -> Phone Info.

Sheesh. Open the lid. When were these instruction updated last, when Treo 270 was an hot item?

/duckman
    hey, come on.... maybe the unlocked 650 has a lid...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!