Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    how will we survive the weekend?

oh the horors.
    how's this for a genius idea: for those with SOs... spend the weekend doing something for your SO, that way come v-day (monday), he/she doesn't feel neglected when all the love is going towards the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by pramit
    how's this for a genius idea: for those with SOs... spend the weekend doing something for your SO, that way come v-day (monday), he/she doesn't feel neglected when all the love is going towards the Treo.
    Can you imagine the reaction of the SOs when you spend Valentine's day playing with a toy that they do not care about?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Can you imagine the reaction of the SOs when you spend Valentine's day playing with a toy that they do not care about?
    Coincidentally I ordered 2, so my SO gets one as well. I have to make it clear to her that it's not a V-day gift (have to have something V-day worthy for a gift) but it takes some of the pain out of playing with the new toy (since she'll have her own.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Yes .... FedEx Standard Overnight is by 4-7PM (depending on location) on the next WEEKDAY. If the package is picked up by Fedex on a Friday or Saturday you will get it on Monday.
    I do not understand. O/N shipping for something shipped today means Monday, right? My understanding is that there is a (big?) premium for Saturday delivery.
    I will just have to play with my SO first, that's all.

We are both having a good laugh right now. Maybe I'll go play....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Code:
    We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order 050207-xxx645
    have been shipped. For items with a status other than shipped, you ........
    Received the email at 2:47AM Friday 02/11/05. Looks like everyone that ordered upto now gets theirs shipped the same time. Considering they said 1- 2 weeks estimated shipment time, less than 4 days in my case from ordering is not bad at all. This along with the fact that PalmOne honoured the $599 price for me even though I ordered after the increase, has earned PalmOne quite a bit of goodwill from me.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Subject: Ship Confirmation for Order 50201-2109xx
    Date: Fri, February 11, 2005 6:17 am

The P1 web site still shows it as backordered. I called P1 and got a tracking number which is not yet in FedEx's system. I asked FedEx if I could pay to upgrade the shipment to Saturday delivery and the answer was no. I asked if they could hold it at the local delivery location so I could pick it up on Saturday and they said no. Items slated for Monday delivery will not arrive at the local FedEx location until Monday.

Oh well, it's been this long - it will just have to be a few more days.
    I'm shipped (well, maybe...FedEx says not yet)....got my tracking # after sitting in queue for 27min.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    I ordered my unlocked Treo 650 on Tuesday, got the shipping email last night at 7:30 and just received the phone. This is going to be a great weekend

Skippy
    Interestling enough I also just got off the phone with a P1 CS rep after holding some 30 mins. and received my Fedex tracking # and when I asked if the order shipped yesterday or is going out today, John said oh no it shipped but the tracking info has not yet been updated in fedex's system. It should update in a couple of hours. I asked him if since it already shipped, I should be receiving it today since I ordered it with next day delivery, he said that I would probably see it tomorrow. I responded "really" even though tomorrow is saturday and I didn't pay for a saturday delivery (wasn't an option). He said yes. I responded with "are you sure P1 ships with saturday deliveries without requesting a saturday delivery?? He responded of course!
    This is getting kinda fun in reality...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    I ordered my unlocked Treo 650 on Tuesday, got the shipping email last night at 7:30 and just received the phone. This is going to be a great weekend

Skippy
    I think you are the FIRST to actually receive an unlocked GSM Treo 650 directly from PalmOne. Please take a bow.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    millerhifi, if that's the case, I'm going to be one very happy camper tomorrow.

I don't think it'll be delivered before I have to leave fo a visit to my parent's tomorrow. Then I'm at a wine tasting, so probably crashing at the folks' house.

My poor Treo will be sitting on my porch over night.

I'll have to get the neighbors to keep an eye out for it. I work an overnight 12 hour shift Sunday night. It would be nice to have something to keep me occupied. Ya know, besides "work".
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for the mailman. I am hoping by some freak of nature, I will get mine today!
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    He said yes. I responded with "are you sure P1 ships with saturday deliveries without requesting a saturday delivery?? He responded of course!
    This is getting kinda fun in reality...
    What a tool (the CS guy, not you!) Well other people have called P1 and gotten the reverse statement, that P1 does not ship Saturday delivery. Of course this whole backorder business is far from the normal operating prodcedure so there could be an exception this time, but I HIGHLY doubt it.
    I guess it doesn't really matter, mine is being shipped to a business that can only take deliveries Mon-Fri.

Expect to see if Monday if you got the email late last night (early morning)
    There's always a glimmer of hope, though.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    hahaha, every P1 CSR has a different answer! Do they seriously not realize that?? I know when I was a tech support agent for Time Warner Road Runner Cable internet that every call was recorded and eventually we were graded on calls...does it not occur to those listening, "hey, you know what...every csr gives a different answer to the same question!!"

sorry, just venting, want the damn thing to play with!
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    ....There's always a glimmer of hope, though.
    Lord knows we have little enough of anything else around here. It is nice that our CSR give so much information, even if it is conflicting. My maildrop guy says that FedEx will deliver by noon tomorrow and by 1030am on Monday. I can play tomorrow and Sunday but next week I am taking kids skiing.
    Hurray my phone also shipped! (Phew!) They had my email address wrong so I never got notification, but now I've got something better than a notification, I've got a Purolator tracking #. My phone shipped last night at 11:30pm overnight express Purolator Air. (Because of the whole border crossing and weekend thing I expecting it monday, but I'll be okay if it doesn't show till tuesday.) I'm so excited! WOOT!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Hurray my phone also shipped! (Phew!) They had my email address wrong so I never got notification, but now I've got something better than a notification, I've got a Purolator tracking #. My phone shipped last night at 11:30pm overnight express Purolator Air. (Because of the whole border crossing and weekend thing I expecting it monday, but I'll be okay if it doesn't show till tuesday.) I'm so excited! WOOT!
    We have had a lot of reports here of bad data in the order. (poor Boobookins.) I am always reluctant to enter orders over the phone because the process is so error prone.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    damn, mail guy came and no treo... so much for wishful thinking lol
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Oh, I agree with you 100%. It's obvious that it hasn't left the building and will on today's pick up.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone