Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Yeah, P1 and FedEx are saying Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    I think they only do that for an extra fee.
    can anyone confirm whether P1 is using tracking for USPS or not? no reason to add to the CSRs' call load if they aren't.
    If animals are deprived of hope ... they are compensated by being given an almost endless patience for enduring, or simply for waiting. - Joseph Wood Krutch
    Beloved old unbranded GSM 650 shorting out and retired.
    Now happily driving the Black Euro GSM Centro. Yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    P1 website is not updated yet, but P1 CSR can give the FedEx tracking # over the phone. Mine: 65571527###0.

Not sure you can do much to squelch the excitement this time.
    Perhaps not. However, I really like my 600. I have learned that when P1 yanks my string, I do not have to hold on.

Still, your tracking number is real evidence that P1 is finally shipping to their premium customers. Thanks for your report.

It seems to me that it would be cheaper to include the tracking number in all e-mails rather than respond to some phone calls. That said, when I was a small boy, I was taught that a "watched pot never boils." Was confirmed yesterday when I wanted soft boiled eggs for breakfast. It will not get here any faster because I check progress with FedEx all w/e.
  4.    #184  
    I just talked to chris at P1 CS he gave me a tracking number, but it doesn't work with fedex.com yet-- so I guess they haven't scanned it. It's probably sitting in a pile next to hundreds of other boxes waiting to be scanned...

....Or maybe it fell off the stack as the forklift was going around a corner and it slid under a shelf not to be discovered for several years
    Ordered Monday, Shipped yesterday. Order number 050207-27****. Unfortunately, I leave on a trip to the UK beginning tomorrow.
    Of course UPS delivers on Saturday; they most certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    That's why they went fedex...saturday delivery (no sunday)...and that's why you paid $16 for (premium) overnight delivery. It's part of the deal. UPS doesn't deliver on saturday (unless they've changed) but fedex does
    Order Number:
    050202-221XXX Order Date:
    2/02/2005 12:32:29 PM

I got this email as of 2/10 at 10:56 PM:

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order
    050202-221XXX have been shipped. ***

Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Item: XXXXXXX
    Description: PALM Treo 650 GSM
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 599.00

If it "has been shipped", does that mean it will come today or Monday, I wonder. At any rate, it sounds like it's coming.

Good luck, everbody.
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    P1 website is not updated yet, but P1 CSR can give the FedEx tracking # over the phone. Mine: 65571527###0
    Did your tracking number work yet on fedex? mine didn't but it's good to know they're giving out consistant tracking numbers. 12 digits 655715###### also
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I received the e-mail this morning that my item has shipped, yet my credit card hasn't been charged and my order status on P1's Web site still says "Back Ordered." <Sigh> Whatever!
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    I received the e-mail this morning that my item has shipped, yet my credit card hasn't been charged and my order status on P1's Web site still says "Back Ordered." <Sigh> Whatever!
    Same here. The email I received was timed 3:20am. So I think they sent it to FedEx, but Fedex has not acknowledged it yet. Also, mine is still showing backordered.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but having worked for FedEx for 13 years, here is what is happening.

All of these boxes are sitting in the warehouse (heck, they are already on skids in a truck backed up to the door). Everything is labeled by the Powership (which is why you have a tracking number) and waiting to make its way to you. When FedEx opens the truck, probably in Indianapolis, maybe Memphis, everything will hit the sort and be scanned. You can be assured that when you see a PUP or HIPS scan (pickup or hub inbound package scan) that it has left the P1 site.

If you paid for overnight shipping, then that means it will be delivered on Monday. Saturday delivery is $10 extra (might be more, can't remember).

The only caveat is if P1 has an agreement with FedEx to deliver on a pre-determined date, like when the beaujolais (sp?) is released each year. Yeah, like that would every happen

Can't speak to when P1 will update their information, I got the shipping email and mine says backordered also.

Well, by Tuesday we'll all be on the "I got my unlocked GSM version and I can't believe how dumb P1 is" thread. Along with the "And the cradle is coming out when" thread...

Sorry, started to rant.
    Last edited by cahsdad; 02/11/2005 at 10:20 AM.
    Well if I woulda known these were shipping on Friday, I woulda paid the damn extra 10 bucks for Sat. delivery.
    1 | 2
    Yeah, but that wasn't even offered as an option. I would expect these to hit the Friday night sort, but it could even be held till the Sunday afternoon sort. If it arrives in the destination station on Saturday, there could be a chance that you could pick it up. Would need to call FedEx CS at 1-800-463-3339 to know for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    That's why they went fedex...saturday delivery (no sunday)...and that's why you paid $16 for (premium) overnight delivery. It's part of the deal. UPS doesn't deliver on saturday (unless they've changed) but fedex does
    I'll bet the $16 premium was for regular overnight delivery and doesn't include the additional Saturday delivery fee. I hope I'm wrong and you overnighters get your 650 tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad
    If it arrives in the destination station on Saturday, there could be a chance that you could pick it up. Would need to call FedEx CS at 1-800-463-3339 to know for sure.
    That's what I'm hoping to do.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Got my shipped email overnight (about 2a.m. EST) so hope to get the device soon though the order status site still says backordered...

My cousin got his in the mail yesterday.

TM
    Got my shipped email this morning at 6:32am EST...

Order status on their website still says backordered - obviously, not updated in real-time nor every hour like their website says. But, at least we're notified promptly!
    got my shipped email at 1:02am hawaii time
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonymoody
    Got my shipped email overnight (about 2a.m. EST) so hope to get the device soon though the order status site still says backordered...

My cousin got his in the mail yesterday.

TM

Anthony, what did your cousin get in the mail yesterday? The actual Treo 650 or the shipping confirmation?

Thanks TM
    how will we survive the weekend?

oh the horors.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.