Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Get a Cingular Treo and then call Cingular customer service to tell them you will be travelling overseas and to unlock the phone for overseas travel.
    You have to have Cingular Service to begin with of course.

Sounds pretty simple...... but it might do the trick.
    I have detailed files.
    i did this with tmobile a few times
    just tell them you're leaving the country within a week, at least that will make them scramble for the codes
    Yeah, T-Mobile gave me the unlock code for my SE T68i w/o any problems. I wonder if Cingular gives it out as easily...
    Anyone wanna give it a shot?
    i know attws is pain in the ***, they would never ever gives out unlocking codes for their phones, even though you're out of contract, not too sure which policy cingular is taking, following the merger.
    and from what i've read, cingular in particular, before the merger ,has never lock their phones
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Anyone wanna give it a shot?
    Ive gone through the process with Cingular, its a pain in the arse but if you have an excellent customer repoire with them they might let up. Their new policy is that you must have the device for more than 90 days before you can have it unlocked. Which means that unless you have a damn good reason for them to bend over backwards for you, they arent going to negate company policy. I can confirm that it is possible however and that they do have the unlock code.
    I think Cingular is going to adopt AT&T's policy on this one. My friend tried to get another phone unlocked through Cingular and the rep said they no longer do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rysmith
    I think Cingular is going to adopt AT&T's policy on this one. My friend tried to get another phone unlocked through Cingular and the rep said they no longer do that.
    Is my response invisible? Ive successfully had my Cingular 650 unlocked.. yes it is possible and yes they are willing given the circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Is my response invisible? Ive successfully had my Cingular 650 unlocked.. yes it is possible and yes they are willing given the circumstances.

then the treo 650 cingular is yours....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71748
    No it's not invisible, but you said you had a good bud on the inside who set it up for you. That's like saying I got a free 650 because my uncle stole one. It's doesn't mean that anyone else will. As a general policy they don't do it. If you have a bud inside, then you can. When the first "unconnected" person says they got it done then it will have more meaning. Besides, no disrespect intended, but how does one know you really did? Not saying you didn't either .... just something to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    No it's not invisible, but you said you had a good bud on the inside who set it up for you. That's like saying I got a free 650 because my uncle stole one. It's doesn't mean that anyone else will. As a general policy they don't do it. If you have a bud inside, then you can. When the first "unconnected" person says they got it done then it will have more meaning. Besides, no disrespect intended, but how does one know you really did? Not saying you didn't either .... just something to consider.
    Mister Ed,

What exactly do you know about Cingular's "policy"? I challenge anyone to call Cingular and ask them if it is true that a treo 650 may be unlocked after 90 days of possession. Youll find that is indeed their policy to do so. And as far as having a "bud on the inside", do you think that he had a magic wand and magically waved it over my treo to unlock its contents? Regardless of who you are, the only means by which you can have a Cingular 650 unlocked as of right now is by an "unlocking" sequence which was provided by palmOne, which Cingular is in possession of, and was the means by which my device was unlocked. Its not rocket science... just a code that any technical support team member at Cingular can provide providing that (in their eyes) you are elligible to recieve it. Its not about being "connected", its about utilizing the resources you have available to get what you desire, any logical human being can do this. And as far as whether or not you believe me is a non-issue. When Copernicus discovered the heliocentric model of our solar system he wasnt exactly trying to make friends with the Catholic church if you know what I mean. He merely distributed his finding to those that were open-minded enough to recieve it.
    Let me clarify one thing. Does this alleged policy apply ONLY to the 650 or are you saying it applies to ANY Cing phone? If it's JUST the 650 you're referring to then I will back off a bit because I wouldn't know about any possible policy exception made for a specific phone.

I never said it COULDN'T BE DONE, I just don't believe it would be done for anyone without exception or without an inside contact with some brains. So who do you call? One of the MORON phone reps who say "sure" and give you a PUK code 90 days from now? Give us a number of someone to call and get it done. As the old saying goes: "'The Truth' is in the details."

Besides, I may know a little or a lot about Cing's policy but why would I believe you do either? Again, not saying you don't ... but you're no more or less anonymous then any of us here. "The Truth" ain't necessarily "the truth."

Mister Ed,

What exactly do you know about Cingular's "policy"? I challenge anyone to call Cingular and ask them if it is true that a treo 650 may be unlocked after 90 days of possession. Youll find that is indeed their policy to do so.
    TheThruth, how did they do it, walk you thru a series of codes to enter it into the phone, or did you have to take it to the store and let them hook it up to a data cable?
    Carl
    He said it was a simple code.
    After receiving my Cingular 650 on Tuesday morning, I called 3 times (trying to get a different answer from someone) but all said Cingular does not unlock their phones. I was not aware of an alleged 90 day policy at the time, so I did not ask about that. I spoke to levels 1 & 2 tech support.
    One of the MORON phone reps who say "sure" and give you a PUK code 90 days from now?
    uh..PUK code is sim card based and needed only if you've entered the wrong password to your phone 3x, and you have 10 chances to enter the PUK code before your sim card rendered useless and you need to get yourself another brand new sim card
    Huh? I think you misread the reply. I know what a PUK code is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    uh..PUK code is sim card based and needed only if you've entered the wrong password to your phone 3x, and you have 10 chances to enter the PUK code before your sim card rendered useless and you need to get yourself another brand new sim card
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Huh? I think you misread the reply. I know what a PUK code is.

DOH! sorry
    Cingular will unlock a customers equiptment provided you have a history with them.

I emailed them last Saturday to unlock a new RAZR v3. All I said was I wil be travellinng to Europe at the end of the month. I had to provide my name, acount number, cell number and IMEI.

I received an email from them on Thursday with an 8 digit unlock code and instructions to unlock.

It took all of 10 seconds to unlock the phone and I was able to make calls with an ATT sim immediately.

P.S.

I had the v3 for 3 days when i requested the unlock code and have been a Cingular customer for 4 years.

Hope this clears thing up.
    Would you mind posting the instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor No
    I received an email from them on Thursday with an 8 digit unlock code and instructions to unlock.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast