Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Looking to make the jump from 600 to Treo 650 but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

Does the unlocked phone come with less support/service than a locked phone?
    I've heard that the quality isn't that much better. What makes the 650 better than the 600?
    When is the next gen coming out and should I just wait for that?

I guess I'm just looking for compelling reasons NOT to upgrade.

Thanks
    no.

and do a search PLEASE!
    The quick answer is YES.

But with the good stuff comes more bad. But I certainly don't regret upgrading.

1. The keyboard is better, so it makes it better to type with.
    2. The camera although still low quality, it shoots better inside has a 2x zoom and even a mirror to take self portraits.
    3. The screen is the major draw...it's crisp and much easier to read.
    4. Bluetooth is slow and is only good for a few things, but if you want to have a BT headset, then this is the way to go.
    5. Two extra hard-keys...they help

The downside is we are all waiting on fixes for things like Reboots, phone audio improvement, BT improvements.

The phones reboot way more than the 600, but I only say it that way because I don't remember my 600 ever rebooting.

I still think it's a great upgrade and yeah you can wait for the next latest and greatest upgrade...but its technology baby...it's all out of date 6 months after you buy it.

Twist
    Quote Originally Posted by 777twist
    The quick answer is YES.

But with the good stuff comes more bad. But I certainly don't regret upgrading.

1. The keyboard is better, so it makes it better to type with.
    2. The camera although still low quality, it shoots better inside has a 2x zoom and even a mirror to take self portraits.
    3. The screen is the major draw...it's crisp and much easier to read.
    4. Bluetooth is slow and is only good for a few things, but if you want to have a BT headset, then this is the way to go.
    5. Two extra hard-keys...they help

The downside is we are all waiting on fixes for things like Reboots, phone audio improvement, BT improvements.

The phones reboot way more than the 600, but I only say it that way because I don't remember my 600 ever rebooting.

I still think it's a great upgrade and yeah you can wait for the next latest and greatest upgrade...but its technology baby...it's all out of date 6 months after you buy it.

Twist
    you're answering no to this question of his?

Does the unlocked phone come with less support/service than a locked phone?
    I bought the Treo 600 from ATTWS, but still had to get support from Palmone. I have replaced my Treo 600 four times through Palmone. So right now I use the 600 as a pda and my MPX220 for calls. Hopefully the unlocked 650 I ordered will fix this so I would only have to carry one device.
    Well, I guess he's looking for reasons NOT to upgrade but I awswered that he should.

So yes for the upgrade...to the 650.

But as for the locked vs unlocked....I have no clue since I don't have one.
    I think the answer he is looking for depends on where he buys it. A 650 that is branded will get support from palmone and the company that branded it (not that the support is so great at the moment.) You many not get support from cingular with an unbranded 650 vs the cingular 650, but then again they might be nice and help you out anyway (and then you pray the help is worth something.)
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks to all for the comments.