Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    The only site I have found where I can check my speed is dslreports.com and I have to have java intsalled to run the applet. I have had no luck in figuring out the whole "java for 650" thing, so is there a site where I can see if I'm actually getting EDGE??
    Vince
    you don't need java
    go here

http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    That's it - cool! I get 94kb/sec. Not bad considering where I'm sitting I only have two bars!!!
    Vince
    I plugged all results shown from this results page into a spreadsheet.
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?results=1

[Updated 2/6]
    Number of samples - ~110
    EDGE Average 87Kbits/sec
    EDGE Median 87Kbits/sec
    EDGE 21% of samples got over 100Kbits/sec
    EDGE Peak 158Kbits/sec
    $20/month unlimited for now. Apparently higher later. Unlimited apparently not available to new Cingular customers.
    Availabilty is <50% of voice network

Number of samples - ~20
    Sprint Average 89Kbits/sec
    Sprint Median 95Kbits/sec
    Sprint 25% of samples got over 100Kbits/sec
    Sprint Peak 133KBits/sec
    $10-$15/month unlimited
    Availability is 100% of voice network

This is based on Feb 5 data. There were many more EDGE samples given that new users are eager to test. I grabbed ATT/Cingular results that came from a 320x320 device, which is of course the 650.

If you own a Sprint 650, please run a test. I think you have to do a COMPARE after the test to post your results. I'll check again when there are more Sprint samples.

Anyone know why Verizon results don't appear?
    Last edited by xenophonite; 02/06/2005 at 03:00 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Anyone know why Verizon results don't appear?

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, because there's no treo 650 for verizon yet?
    Sarcasm not valid. This site should work with any Verizon web access, Treo 600 too.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 02/05/2005 at 05:30 PM.
    I have a sprint treo 650.
    My lowest reading has been 92kbits/sec.
    My fastest reading has been 152 kbits/sec.
    Where can you look up an EDGE map to see if its in my area? I'm with Tmobile but looking to switch to cingular when my contract is up in April, if EDGE is in my area.
    Another thing to note. Sprint's data network is available at 100% of its voice network. EDGE is available at under 50% of Cingular's voice network.

http://onlinestore2.cingular.com/htm...onnect_map.htm

EDGE is not availabe in NYC?
    I get "unstable/too fast a result (1.61s) please choose a larger file" on my Treo. Oops, that was on my computer.

On my Sprint Treo 650, I average 99 kbit/sec with 2.1s latency. That's with 2 bars.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    EDGE is not availabe in NYC?
    It's available when using AT&T towers.
    CNet Bandwidth Meter

To have comparable tests, all the different scenarios should be run from the same site.

Also, FYI, I am getting 115kps on sprinpcs on my phone, the same from my PC using PDAnet on my phone with a USB connection and only 45kps from my PC via PDAnet using Bluetooth for a connection.