1.    #1  
    I ran ran across a post that mentioned a free beta program for email from a company called Seven (www.seven.com). Anybody use this yet?
    If you have Sprint, that is the Sprint Business Connection. If your company uses Outlook with Exchange Server it works great. I think Cingular may have a version as well.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I do. I use it with sprint and I'm going to try it with cingular. It's the only email program I use on my treo (since the 600) and it's great.
    I currently use the Cingular version called Xpressmail and it is awesome. You get access to your calender,email,documents,andcorporate contact list. The only down side is that you have to leave your computer running all the time for it to work.
    Treoseur
    the latest beta forces a Seven tagline at the end of every email sent via your handheld. Not good for company emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    the latest beta forces a Seven tagline at the end of every email sent via your handheld. Not good for company emails.
    Agreed. This was not a good move on Seven's part, in my opinion. I now try to avoid replying or sending new messages from my Treo whenever possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers pressured them into doing this, as the beta program is free.
    Blackberry does this as well though...I get emails (company) from people all the time that say at the bottom "I sent this from my BlackBerry."

It reminds me of the old Pull-ups commercial...Mommy wow! I can send email from my Blackberry!

Tacky advertizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by the0ne
    Blackberry does this as well though...I get emails (company) from people all the time that say at the bottom "I sent this from my BlackBerry."

It reminds me of the old Pull-ups commercial...Mommy wow! I can send email from my Blackberry!

Tacky advertizing.
    The difference is that on the Blackberry you can remove the tagline if you want, while Seven puts it on and won't let you take it off.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    I currently use the Cingular version called Xpressmail and it is awesome. You get access to your calender,email,documents,andcorporate contact list. The only down side is that you have to leave your computer running all the time for it to work.
    Are you able to send emails as well? I've got it installed and I like it as I have access to my email and calendar and GAL, but I have not been able to send a message through it, either through the Treo or the webpage. I'd like to be able to stop carrying the company blackberry, but until sending works
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    It would just be nice to be able to customize the tag line to something like, "Sent from my Treo 650 which eates Blackberries for breakfast".

Oh but I wouldn't know anything about it with all the do not talk about fight club rules and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    It would just be nice to be able to customize the tag line to something like, "Sent from my Treo 650 which eates Blackberries for breakfast".

Oh but I wouldn't know anything about it with all the do not talk about fight club rules and stuff
    The change request for this function is in the works. Anyone of you guys able to make the "push" email function work? The company says it works for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    There is an enterprise version but as usual it requires that your corporate IT pays for the service.