Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    so if I can't do hands free and gps with the treo, what is the cheapest, best, palm (or pocket pc) that I could buy that has a decent screen so I could use it solely for gps?
    Treo people,

I just wanted to report on some findings. I have a Cingular GSM 1.05 Firmware, 1.04 CNG, Hardware A and my Parrot 3100 is always connected.

Before I had the parrot 3100 installed which partially worked, it would take 2 rings for the Parrot to pickup. The Parrot remained "Disconnected" most of the time and it only connected when I got a call. Overall I was really happy with the Parrot.

I finally decided to install the Bluetooth Car Kit upgrade from Palmone, now my phone is connected to the Parrot ALL the time just like if it was a Sprint phone.

I am trying to figure out how and why?????

First off I have the "Always On" app, and the Blue Nomad "Uninstall" software.

When I first installed the Bluetooth Carkit on the Treo 650 the Uninstall app ran it in its Sandbox mode, which is a feature that lets you run the app without installing it but in this case it installed it and it reset the phone. After my phone reset, when it was up again I had a second copy of the same Bluetooth Carkit installer file. So basically I installed it twice.

So my theory is that you have to install the Bluetooth Carkit twice to make it work correctly. Just like sometimes you have to install firmware twice to install it correctly. Or maybe they update the files and didn't tell us.

Secondly I have the "Select Network" hack installed. It replaces some phone app and makes the opition Select Network work, so that you can select an Orange, Blue or Tmobile phone tower. Here are some links:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91143

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&page=7&pp=20

So basically since I don't have a second Cingular Treo can someone in this forum try to see if this will work on their Cingular Phone and the Parrot 3100 as the solution to make the Parrot stay connected.

Please POST your results or any other info.

G0THIKE
    Totenkopf: That is a very slick installation. Impressive

MCS MobileTech: I have a 2002 Lexus RX 300. It has the navigiation system, and the radio works through the touch-screen. I realize the CK3100's mute functions won't work with that system (or so I've read), but can I still install it without the mute functions and using a stand-alone speaker in the car?

Thanks for your help.
    Does anyone know of a reputable installer/retailer in the Denver area?

-l
    -Lammy
    Back from the dead...Has anyone figured out the CK3300 TomTom 5 GSM Treo problem or gotten that setup to work?

thanks!
    elbastardocalvo
    I had the Parrot CK 3100 car kit professionally installed on my Honda Insight. It works perfectly with my Sprint Treo 650 (firmware 1.08). It's a breeze to configure. I mutes my stereo when a call comes in and then starts the music again once the call is done. I can dial from the Parrot display and hang up or ignore calls.

I tried the Palm bluetooth headset and compared to the Parrot kit it was like using a really crappy kid's walkie talkie with a delay effect on it.

The mic is practically invisible in the top corner of windshield. The display is mounted at an angle to face me left of the steering wheel. I am very pleased so far.
    Darkelf,

I live in Los Angeles and am looking to do a professional install of the Parrot CK3100 in my new Lexus ES300. Can you turn me on to the place that you had your install done?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    Darkelf,

I live in Los Angeles and am looking to do a professional install of the Parrot CK3100 in my new Lexus ES300. Can you turn me on to the place that you had your install done?

Thanks!
    Al & Ed's AutoSound on La Cienega and Santa Monica Blvd. They also iPodded by car. Great job, but it cost a whole lot of pretty pennies.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    Back from the dead...Has anyone figured out the CK3300 TomTom 5 GSM Treo problem or gotten that setup to work?

thanks!
    I too would be very interested to know if anyone has gotten this to work.

thanks.
    elbastardocalvo
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    I too would be very interested to know if anyone has gotten this to work.

thanks.
    It took me a long time to sort out, but I finally have my Verizon Treo 650 running TomTom Navigator 5 on my Parrot CK 3300. There was much pointing of fingers involved by the three manufacturers. The final solution was getting all the latest versions of each installed. The Parrot was the hardest as you can only bluetooth upgrade it with a Windows laptop and I have a Mac. Earlier versions of the Parrot software do not work with the Treo and TomTom.

The GPS works flawlessly. Switching to hands-free phone mode is a bit dicey. I have'nt figured out the exact sequence yet to go out of gps, then into hands-free phone, then back to gps yet. Any help there is appreciated.
    Great thread. Only one thing to add. You now don't have to tap into your wiring harness to install the Parrot - see http://members.cox.net/quickconnect/donotcut.html
    Quote Originally Posted by timmangini
    It took me a long time to sort out, but I finally have my Verizon Treo 650 running TomTom Navigator 5 on my Parrot CK 3300. There was much pointing of fingers involved by the three manufacturers. The final solution was getting all the latest versions of each installed. The Parrot was the hardest as you can only bluetooth upgrade it with a Windows laptop and I have a Mac. Earlier versions of the Parrot software do not work with the Treo and TomTom.

The GPS works flawlessly. Switching to hands-free phone mode is a bit dicey. I have'nt figured out the exact sequence yet to go out of gps, then into hands-free phone, then back to gps yet. Any help there is appreciated.
    I have the Parrot Evolution. I had a heck of a time getting TT to work once I installed the Parrot. The treo was only capable of seeing the parrot and nothing else. I have finally figured it out: the Parrot must be off in order to see the GPS. If I turn it off, then the Treo has no difficulty finding the GPS device. Unfortunately, with the Evolution, there is no way to turn it off. I had to tap into the power wire and inserted a toggle switch. Once the treo is paired with the GPS, I can turn the power back on to the Parrot. This is a pain, but I really don't use TT that much. Besides, I plan on upgrading to a better device soon that has better BT and allows more than one device to be connected.
  14.    #94  
    Just wanted to updat this 2 year old thread to let everybody know that tom tom 6 works perfectly with my treo 650 and the parrot 3300. It connects to the Parrot gps and when a call comes in I can talk and still navigate at the same time.

It really works great!
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345